It lives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
    I figured if Bill is riding it in the "winter" months, he might like the added comfort of a screen.
    Yeah, "winter" in Bakersfield.

When it finally drops below 90 degrees and everyone breaks out the down parkas.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Here's what Bill gets to see when "winter" comes, Parka's...

Eric

Comment

The bikes looking good. I'd leave those covers chrome. I can hear you screaming past me now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cg
        sigpic
        83 GS1100g
        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
          200 dalla banana

Comment

You guys STOLE that bike!

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
              Hey those saddle bags are required for waterbottle attacks
              Hmm he once threw a quart of oil at me out of one of them....
              1980 GS1000G - Sold
              1978 GS1000E - Finished!
              1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
              1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
              2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
              1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
              2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                Yeah, "winter" in Bakersfield.

When it finally drops below 90 degrees and everyone breaks out the down parkas.

Sounds like the winters here in Phoenix...

Comment

Originally posted by 67fire View Post
                  Here's what Bill gets to see when "winter" comes, Parka's...

Eric
                  No beaches in Bako.
                  1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                  1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I know that. But you certainly don't have far to go to get there.

And, the women dress like that on the street!

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Demonthrall View Post
                      I am here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. It looks like I am all out of bubble gum.
                      John Carpenter.
                      Worst fight scene of all time.
                      And yet... one of my favorite movie lines of all time.

Heh.

(This message brought to you by StevieD... forgot who's account I was logged on to!)

Comment

Checked the plugs on the new to me black motor and I felt I'm a little lean. I may be a bit sensitive to this but I raised the needle 1/2 notch to the third from the bottom, raised the main jet from 135 to 137.5 and took out the idle mixture screws from 2.5 to 3 turns out. I also run a 47.5 pilot jet one over stock from 45.
                        Do these number seem high for a stock 83 1100 motor with a Vance and Kerker 4-1 (V&H baffle) and K&N pods? When I had just a pod and a pipe on my stock 80 motor I ran a 138 Dyna main (127.5-130 Mikuni) and the needle at around the same spot.
                        I think I either have aftermarket cams or a big block. The cams had the same numbers on them as stock cams but doesn't Web Cam regrind stock cams? The cams also had slotted cam sprockets so they were degreed at one time.
                        This motor runs really strong with great bottom and top end. Does 120 with ease and has more. I don't want to tear down to see what's in it but man am I curious.
                        Last edited by chef1366; 10-14-2009, 12:35 AM.
                        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Checked the plugs on the new to me black motor and I felt I'm a little lean. I may be a bit sensitive to this but I raised the needle 1/2 notch to the third from the bottom, raised the main jet from 135 to 137.5 and took out the idle mixture screws from 2.5 to 3 turns out. I also run a 47.5 pilot jet one over stock from 45.
                          Do these number seem high for a stock 83 1100 motor with a Vance and Kerker 4-1 (V&H baffle) and K&N pods? When I had just a pod and a pipe on my stock 80 motor I ran a 138 Dyna main (127.5-130 Mikuni) and the needle at around the same spot.
                          I think I either have aftermarket cams or a big block. The cams had the same numbers on them as stock cams but doesn't Web Cam reground stock cams? The cams also had slotted cam sprockets so they were degreed at one time.
                          This motor runs really strong with great bottom and top end. Does 120 with ease and has more. I don't want to tear down to see what's in it but man am I curious.
                          You can remove a spark plug and put a pencil into the intake and see how far the pieces get spit out of the exhaust. I have a calibrated ruler for your V&H which reads out compression ratio .

To get the bore, you have to put a balloon onto the intake side and compare the diameter to the size of a balloon attached to the exhaust. Obviously you also have to push air into the intake balloon with a compressor.

Works a charm ; Blah B;ah B;ah

Pos

P.S. advance Kills

Comment

Hey Bill, I'll bet you lunch that Webcam marks the cams in some way when they regrind them; no marks means no regrind. Time to get out your magnifying glass.

Enjoy your new hotrod.
                            Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

I think I either have aftermarket cams or a big block. The cams had the same numbers on them as stock cams but doesn't Web Cam reground stock cams? The cams also had slotted cam sprockets so they were degreed at one time.
                              First, lets get something clear sir... That black motor (in stock form vs stock form) will dust your silver motor. Secondly, your jetting set up sounds like what im running, but im running 34s not 36s.. The 83 (black motor) had the hottest stock cams of any of the 1100 motors, with a roughly 298? grind i think it was. The 1150 is about a 315. To me, they just feel quite a bit punchier up top compared to the earlier bikes. But your old motor was all hopped up so i dunno. Could be a gearing difference too?

Comment

Web stamps their cam grind #s on the flat area that the cam sprockets cover (not on the flange but the SHOULDER of the cams) & you can't tell what they are without removing the sprockets or installing a degree wheel & dial indicator to measure lift & duration. Ray.

Comment

Working...
                                X