It lives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post

I dig your engine stand, where did you get it?

Comment

My buddy Kris has a full bike shop. He used to work for Honda.
      Actually it was the first time it was ever used. He was excited about the trial run.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

That engine stand is the HEAT Bill pays me with food,parts and $$$.

Comment

I think K&L makes it
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

YUP...K&L makes it.

Comment

Work all day on Zooks and ride off into the sunset on a Shovel head.

Comment

Is that the result of being a test subject for DOW Chemical?
                I sure hope that at least it paid well.

Eric

Comment

I don't think he ever lived in Michigan.

Comment

seems like a good time to replace the spaghetti cyl. studs with some APE units.
                    the bottom half would appreciate a set of monkey studs also

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
                      seems like a good time to replace the spaghetti cyl. studs with some APE units.
                      the bottom half would appreciate a set of monkey studs also
                      Done deal Terry!
                      Who do you think sponsors Kris?
                      Last edited by chef1366; 11-10-2009, 02:19 AM.

Comment

First time I've seen a picture of Kris - I wouldn't want to meet you two late at night in a dark alley...
                        1980 GS1000G - Sold
                        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I could so build one of those. If i was planning on a lot of engine work, I think i'd do just that! It's simple enough.

Comment

Originally posted by mighty13d View Post
                            I could so build one of those. If i was planning on a lot of engine work, I think i'd do just that! It's simple enough.
                            If you do lots of engine work and bottom ends it is worth it but for the occasional teardown it is a pain. It takes two people to load the engine on that thing. It is very well built and designed and works good. It is great for splitting cases due to the fact you can rotate the engine to get at all of the bolts,since the engine innards come out from the bottom it has to be upside down and this is where this stand comes in handy.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                              Work all day on Zooks and ride off into the sunset on a Shovel head.
                              It scares the old people off of the road so I don`t have to deal with them

Comment

Working...
                              X