Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How bout some pics of this thing?

Comment

thank you all for your replies. ill have to see if i h ave a feeler gauge still. ill probably just run to the parts store and snag a new one. plans for the next week or so are as follows. new plug wires, new caps, new petcock ( still havnt decided between a pingel and adaptor plate or a new stock vacume one, can i use the petcock of off a different model gs?) adjust the valves, compression check, and pictures.

Comment

Comment

Those are original (first gen) Katana handlebars. I had a set of those on my '83 for many years before i did the front end swap.
          Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

i like the feel of them for the most part. i got a set of feeler gauges today and fabbed a few brackets for my carb mount choke cable. the choke is now controlled by a pull knob that is attatched to the number one carb. will have more pics soon

Comment

small update. adjusted the valves, all were too tight. all are set to the looser side of the spec range now. also, i have borrowed n engine compression tool from a friend of mine. hopefully the valve adjustment will have cured the problem. numbers 2 and 3 were tighter than the rest on both the intake and exhaust side. as soon as the weather clears up ill be testing the compression and then putting it all back together.

Comment

It should run MUCH better now.

Eric

Comment

i hope so. i have had one heck of a bad few days, i have no health insurance or dental and needed a root canal but couldnt afford novacain. so i got one without pain meds. ouch. my ipod erased itself and my pc with all my music on it ended up getting kicked by my dad... goodbye 95 gigs of music. dropped my blackberry in the toilet, and was walking down my stairs and misses the last step and dislocated my bad knee, the one i messed up in my accident. lets see is there anything else that can go wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by piester View Post
                    i hope so. i have had one heck of a bad few days, i have no health insurance or dental and needed a root canal but couldnt afford novacain. so i got one without pain meds. ouch. my ipod erased itself and my pc with all my music on it ended up getting kicked by my dad... goodbye 95 gigs of music. dropped my blackberry in the toilet, and was walking down my stairs and misses the last step and dislocated my bad knee, the one i messed up in my accident. lets see is there anything else that can go wrong?
                    That's like five of my worst days.
                    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Hi Mr. piester,

You will feel better when it quits hurting. I hope you get to ride soon. Keep up the good work.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

yeah. im already feeling a bit better.i took my blackberry completely apart and gave the mother board and all connections an alcohol bath in my ultrisonic then put it in a heat box to dry everything out, put it back together and its like new. and i think i got my ipod working. the knee thing is my own fault. i didnt have my brace on. now lets hope for some nice weather so i can do a compression test. i think in early summer a friend is giving me a beat up 83 suzuki gr650 tempter. so ill have a bobber project then

Comment

compression test results after valve adjust.
                          1: 150ish
                          2: 150ish
                          3: 140ish
                          4: 150ish

seems pretty ok to me. maybe ill slap it all back together and see if she fires.

Comment

It runs

Comment

Originally posted by piester View Post
                              It runs
                              Is that it?
                              C'mon guy.
                              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

sorry. i was helping a friend with his bike and didnt really get a chance to write anything. heres the scoop thow. runs on all 4. bike hasnt ran in 5 or 6 years. has a bit of valve chatter, but from what i hear these bikes are loud unless the valves are too tight. this thing screams thow. its scary fast. front brakes are very very soft. thats a bit scary. i think im gonna get rid of the anti dive on them. would it be easier for me to just swap calipers from a bike without anti dive or to modify the calipers i have on it? all in all the bike is comming together nicely. theres a gap between the back of the gas tank and the front of the seat of about in inch to an inch and a half that bothers me quite a bit. but ill fix that when i paint her. throttle seems to stick a bit also. next on the list of fixxingness is put my new front tire on. remove anti dive. bleed brakes. mount battery box. ( the battery i have is a bit wider than the stock one) paint her. put my new header on. weld the midpipe on, and muffler. fix seat. fix throttle. and then adjust the carbs until its perfect/ its sooooo close to running perfect that its scary. any advice on the anti dive thing would be happily recieved. i have searched and read as many things as i could but advise is always welcome. and as far as my paint scheme is concerned, its going to be black over the stock purple and then buffed through to the purple in some spots. the patina look if you will. i dont think i need any more parts for a while. except for a back tire in the near future haha

Comment

Working...
                                X