No announcement yet.

Whats going on in your garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice buffalo. i got to ride this one this weekend at the 2-stroke rally. holy crap it rode great!

its, ahem, slightly warmed over... I cut 3mm off the cyls to raise the ports for the owner a few mos ago (and he then jacked the cyl.. 2-stroke voodoo stuff)

check out the GS wheels. \\/

Comment

So many bikes and it looks like everyone is having nice weather. The blue GT has my vote!! Very clean looking bike.

Man I love this Bike Bandit place. It is so easy to order parts now. The only down side is that I am spending more money. Waiting to see now if they have the new brushes to rebuild my starter.

We're off to see the wizzard .....

Crank from the little bike, after five years of use....

Comment

Did you tear apart your crank yourself and can you put it back together?

I like the GT too and it looks to have a HD dirt track tail.
        1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
        1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
        1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
        1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
        01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Originally posted by RacingJake
          Did you tear apart your crank yourself and can you put it back together?
          I wish we could.

Comment

Hey Mark if you still have that crank apart could you post a few pic's of the spline or notch area's where they press together. I always wonder what they look like. Does it look like a weak area that would be prone to twisting?

Last year I was trying to get a gear puller and a bearing puller to work on my bad crank but just counldn't get it to bite.

Comment

These parts will never go back in. They took some damage after the gear gave out.

All the cranks I have seen are round where they press together, even the gear. Yours has splines? What year crank?

(This must be one of those factory welded 83 cranks I keep hearing of)

Comment

I thought they all had some type of groove or something just by looking at a parts break down picture.

Now this make's more sence to me about folks saying they twisted a crank. You don't twist a crank you spin the crank at the press point and welding helps prevents the two pieces from slipping.

Comment

The transmission (at least mine) are all press fit as well. I have yet to twist a crank, but those 2 second 60' times I run are not going to do a whole lot of damage. My street bikes never made enough power to twist it. I am hoping that the new wrist pins solve the gulling problem once and for all. What did you ever do with that crank you bought that had the one bad rod? Are you using it the way it was? If so, how many passes have you made with it?

Sunday after I put the spare starter in the bike I did another test fire. This time I brought it up on the 2-step. I was amazed how fast the pressure came up with the new head / cam / turbo combination. I bet it was less than a second to hit 5 PSI. It idles a lot smoother now as well.

Looks like Bike Bandit came through again. They shipped the new brushes for my old starter.

The weather is looking good for the weekend, but with the Thunder Nationals running I doubt I will get any track time unless I go today.

Comment

That crank was a take it home and pay later but after seeing a few gulling marks I thought it best just to let the owner know what I found. He agreed and I just sent it back. A few folks said they seen worst and would still use it.

So what happen to that gear to do so much damage.

I'm just one more wire anyway and I'll be able to run with you Turbo Guy's or maybe not ](*,)

Comment

Just normal wear and tear. I should have taken some pictures the engine we lost last summer. Dropped a valve. It was a mess.

Your already way past my turbo bike unless your going for a new land speed record. The N2O should help get those couple of MPH difference out. For me to catch your E/T I would need to pack the tail section with TNT. I am sure I will figure it out once I start spending some quality time with it.

More rain came today, so still no track time.

Comment

Originally posted by 8trackmind
                        I LOVE that bike! Sooooooo, how does it ride?

Thanks 8Track.
                        It rides pretty good, but it's not where I want it to be. Currently I'm dialing out some carboration issues as well as timing. So, I have not put many miles on it.
                        As soon as I can get it running right, I will be able to do some work with the suspension. Right now the suspension seems too tight. I need to spend some time, with the forks mostly, to get them dialed in the way I want them.

Comment

Originally posted by m in sc
                          nice buffalo. i got to ride this one this weekend at the 2-stroke rally. holy crap it rode great!

its, ahem, slightly warmed over... I cut 3mm off the cyls to raise the ports for the owner a few mos ago (and he then jacked the cyl.. 2-stroke voodoo stuff)

check out the GS wheels. \\/

That's Lane's bike! That is an awesome ride right there. Lane has helped me out greatly with the Mighty Buffalo project. So how did his bike ride with the spacer under the cylinders?

Comment

ha! you know lane? cool. It rode great. super linear power on par (if not greater) than a stock 74 H2 but much smoother and def more useable.

And the brakes are freaking awesome. \\/

Comment

Great looking bikes guys.

Had the bike running today and yesterday. Swapped out the 32.5 pilot jet for a 30.0 and made sure the oil was getting to where it needed to be. Going to pick up the chain tonight and spend some time on the bridgeport to make a rear caliper hanger.

I'll be out on the road in a week or so if it gets dry around here anytime soon... stupid rain.

Pic thus far.

Can't wait to hit the streets...

Comment

Originally posted by m in sc
                                ha! you know lane? cool. It rode great. super linear power on par (if not greater) than a stock 74 H2 but much smoother and def more useable.

And the brakes are freaking awesome. \\/
                                I know Lane through the Suzuki Two Stroke site. He's good people!

Comment

Working...
                                X