No announcement yet.

gsxr forks for my 1150 efe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'91 would have been the first year for inverted forks.
    On a 750? If it is then I'm cunfused - although I don't rule that out in the least.

Comment

On a 750? If it is then I'm confused - although I wouldn't rule that out in the least.

Comment

As a matter of fact - I'm so confused I posted it twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks
          Use the 4.5" wheel off of an '88 or '89. After that the wheels got wider. Unless you plan on swapping swingarms the 4.5" is as large as you can use. Even with a swingarm swap you'll have other problems to solve.
          Oops - I meant to write 88~89. I am pretty sure that is what I wrote in the mail to the salvage yard.

This is where I have my info from :

I will of course ask the salvage yard if the forks are inverted or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny
            On a 750? If it is then I'm cunfused - although I don't rule that out in the least.
            That was the way I remembered it so I dug out a comparison of the 750s from that year. Sure enough it had the inverted front end.

Originally posted by D|sElMiNk
            Oops - I meant to write 88~89. I am pretty sure that is what I wrote in the mail to the salvage yard.
            Don't get an '88 front end, it was the shortest of the bunch. The '89 or '90 gives you extra clearance and the 1100 should be a little longer.

Comment

The guy with the Gixxer website got his info wrong unless maybe Euro models were different. The '90 models had the same front end as the '89, non-inverted.

Comment

Don't get an '88 front end, it was the shortest of the bunch. The '89 or '90 gives you extra clearance and the 1100 should be a little longer.
                I don't intend to - the 88~89 refers to the rear wheel.
                As for that guy having the wrong info, quite possible. I'll be on the lookout for a '91 front end.

I'll ask around for the 1100 front end as well. All these comments are highly appreciated, as they hopefully will save me from getting parts I'm unable to use

Comment

Here in Canada we got the inverted front end in 1990. A buddy of mine had one. I have his bike on my web site but you can't see the forks. This was just to stir the pot and to keep every one guessing.

Gerry

Comment

Originally posted by twhite
                    Great pictures Gerry, the mods look awesome!!!
                    8) 8) 8)
                    Thanks Tim. If you get board one winter maybe you could do it to yours 8O

Gerry

Comment

gsxr forks for my 1100 efe

I just put 1993 GSXR1100 forks on my 84 GS700E based project. They bolted straight on , all bearings were the same. All I had to do was make a new steering stop , as the 700 had one on the top of the frame neck , wheareas the 1100 has one on the bottom of the neck. It was all over in 1/2 hour and looks great !!

Comment

gsxr forks for my 1150 EFE

Finally I finished my bike and made some km. I couldn`t believe a difference in handling, stability and cornering.
                        The first time bike is not affected by strong sidewinds, any road irregularities and finally is super stable in turns. Encouraging me to do really crazy manoeuvres on the highway tonight, but I lived to write about it ))
                        Also makes 170 km/h your average cruising speed.
                        It also looks different - much more busines like. It needs better paint and a new seat cover, but this will be done during the next winter.

This was done to my GS 1150 EFE:

- 87 GSXR front end with an aftermarket brace, small aftermarket GSXR front fender, converted Katana 750 3`` front wheel + rotors working together with Nissin 4 pots calipers ( 1.2 Bandit ). Lots of hardware made to connect everything together. Original GS ignition switch converted to fit GSXR triple tree.
                        - Tubular handlebar installed on the top of triple tree instead of GSXR clippons.
                        - Front braided lines.
                        - 4.5`` rear wheel with rotor ( RF 600 ) working with original GS rear caliper, caliper hanger shortened, rear sprocket carrier adapted from Katana 750 ( making this wheel fit GS swingarm without a problem ).
                        - Chain and sprockets conversion from 630 to 530.
                        - Radial tires - BT 010 front and BT 020 rear.

I`ll try to make some pictures during the weekend and place them on my motorcycle page. Again thanx everybody on this forum helping me with this project specially Billy Ricks and Gerry.

Adam M.

Comment

Happy to have helped Adam. Being able to run radials makes such a difference in the handling it's hard to believe it's the same bike. Before anyone does major motor mods it only makes sense to make the bike handle as well as possible. Even without motor work the suspension mods make the bike quicker in challenging sections of road. The confidence the upgrades give makes it money well spent.

Comment

gsxr forks for my 1150 EFE

"Power is nothing without control" by Pirelli.

Adam M.
                            PS. And the link is http://www25.brinkster.com/junakm10/...ki/suzuki.html

Comment

My 81 1100 with USD forks

I used a 93 GSXR with USD forks on mine. I made a rear swingarm out of two GS1150 arms. I cut the single shock mounts off. Extended the arm and widened it to except the GSXR 5.5 rear rim. I do some drag racing and street riding and the bike goes and stops great. Draws a crowd whever I go. It has a 68" inch wheelbase and is just plain fun to ride. Swapping to more moder 36mm carbs from a GSXR (36mm) was a big performance upgrade. 155-160 mains (depending on where you live. Shim the needles. Brings new life into the GS motor.

Comment

Re: gsxr forks for my 1150 EFE

Originally posted by mmedyna9629
                                "Power is nothing without control" by Pirelli.

Adam M.
                                PS. And the link is http://www25.brinkster.com/junakm10/...ki/suzuki.html
                                Hey Adam,

The bike looks great!!!!

Nice job on all the mods for your brakes.

I like the way you modified the rear, It seems to be a simple thing to do to get the matching rims and rubber. I'll be looking to do the same thing myself in the future.

It really does make for a better ride after all the mods are done eh!!!

Gerry

Comment

Working...
                                X