No announcement yet.

1983 GS1100E Cheap easy mods thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, slot in BOTH directions, about 1/4 inch. Also, if you have a MONTH to do it, use a file. If not, use a carbide cutter in a die grinder! Ray.

Comment

What am I trying to accomplish by degreeing the cams?

Comment

You can advance or retard the cam timing to move the power up or down in the RPM range. Drag race motors run the cams more retarded to move the power up higher & street & road race motors have the cams more advanced to make more bottom end & mid range. Ray.

Comment

So slots allow you to manipulate the timing by less than a tooth on the cam sprocket

Compensate for the changes you have made with the intake and exhaust.

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
          You can advance or retard the cam timing to move the power up or down in the RPM range. Drag race motors run the cams more retarded to move the power up higher & street & road race motors have the cams more advanced to make more bottom end & mid range. Ray.
          Last edited by Guest; 02-23-2009, 05:57 AM.

Comment

EXACTLY! Ray.

Comment

Extreme case of noobitis ..

EXACTLY! Ray.

Comment

How will you learn if you don't ask questions? I have NO problem sharing my knowledge. I would much rather someone ask & learn rather than tearing up parts to learn the hard way! Ray.

Comment

Just another reason I love this place

I will research some and be back with more questions then.

How will you learn if you don't ask questions? I have NO problem sharing my knowledge. I would much rather someone ask & learn rather than tearing up parts to learn the hard way! Ray.

Comment

Mriddle,

Can you post a pic of the 1150 oil cooler? because I would like to use the same setup. Can you also tell me what mods would have to be done?

Thanks, Supavert

Comment

Working...
                    X