No announcement yet.

How fast is is your old GS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I ever managed to get out of my 82 1100e was a lousy 85mph!!
    But.........I did get up to 155 on my B-King & that was soooooo smooth, it scared the crap right out of me!!
    sigpicIt wasnt me! I didnt do it! You cant prove anything!
    82 1100EZ

Comment

speed

i have had my 81 gs1166 custom to 153 next to a busa before he rolled off with out me! but i have TLR1000 GEARING ON MY BIKE. NOT SUREE IF THAT HELPED!

Comment

speed

i have had my 81 gs1166 custom to 153 with lil more to go next to a busa before he rolled off with out me! but i have TLR1000 GEARING ON MY BIKE. NOT SURE IF THAT HELPED!

Comment

Originally posted by GDT1960 View Post
          All I ever managed to get out of my 82 1100e was a lousy 85mph!!
          But.........I did get up to 155 on my B-King & that was soooooo smooth, it scared the crap right out of me!!
          The BKing still had a lot more to give as well. I rode one once, too bad I'm tall and my legs hit the tank, it is a machine everyone should experience at least once.

2nd generation Vmax is another, holy **** that is a incredible ride!

Comment

real fast compared to walking lol

Comment

Gsa 450

If my '85 GSA 450, with velorex sidecar, hit 60 mph, I must be going downhill with a tailwind. 55 was the avg tops. Fast enough for me.
              -Bookmon

Comment

Don't know how fast my old girl will go, her spedo stops at 85, cop said I was doin 87 following an 83 550 es up hill. He was flat out. Did 136 corrected speed on my 919 once with plenty left.
                V
                Gustov
                80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                81 GS 1000 G
                79 GS 850 G
                81 GS 850 L
                83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                80 GS 550 L
                86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                2002 Honda 919
                2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Got my 81 gs650g to 115 today with another 2500 rpms to go

Comment

Got mine up to 80... on the trailer... towed by a 4Runner...

Comment

yesterday I topped out on my speedo (85) but still pulling faster and had plenty of RPM left in 5th gear. I say I was doing close to 95mph for a good stretch of straight slab highway...2 up! Pretty smooth in that range If I do say so.

Comment

Bike looks like she is doing 85 sitting still! Love the bright work on the engine. Its so slick looking I'm sure you reduced your drag with it and gained a couple of mph because of it. How did you get it so nice and shiney? Highly polished aluminum? Chrome? Looks great!

Comment

Not an old Suzuki but apparently at least 170...

Eric

Comment

I have a 79 850L. At the local speedway they often have days where you can pay to take your car/motorcyle/whatever and run. I think you pay per lap. I plan on paying for a couple of spins around just to try.

Comment

I have buried the 85 mph needle on the 550L...and then some . According to the amount of acceleration I felt after topping out needle I am sure I hit 90-95 mph. Very smooth too, but that light bike is dangerous at high speeds. No death wobble but light wind or road variations give it a good shake and it just does not have the mass to stay tight and strait. 49 HORSEPOWER BABY!

Comment

Originally posted by loud et View Post
                                I have buried the 85 mph needle on the 550L...and then some . According to the amount of acceleration I felt after topping out needle I am sure I hit 90-95 mph. Very smooth too, but that light bike is dangerous at high speeds. No death wobble but light wind or road variations give it a good shake and it just does not have the mass to stay tight and strait. 49 HORSEPOWER BABY!

I buried my 82 GS550L's 85mph speedo last night, Surely wasn't a land speed record but I'm sure I hit 100mph, the tach only had 1k rpm before red line. It pulled very hard, but the bike was ridiculously wobbly (Vermont roads suck). Backed it off at 9k rpm in 6th. Not sure where that puts me in MPH... High end has went up some after the re-jet and Dyna S...
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X