No announcement yet.

How fast is is your old GS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 850g,160k on frame and wiring,full vetter package(fairing with stereo, bags,luggage trunk )pegs the speedo in third every time

Comment

I did about 90 on my 1980 GS450 one night in the HOV lane. This was according to my GPS. It had more but I slowed down before I attracted any bears

Comment

100 mph easy with plenty of room left on the tach.... that's when I run out of room on the road though....jersey's pretty crowded

Comment

148mph on the back straight at Mosport GS1000S with Yosh motor.. that's a long uphill straight.....hell of a ride!

Comment

140km 5th gear at 7000 ish felt a little something in the forks I will be checking this out. Im sure I will hit that 200km mark this summer

Comment

According to my speedo, I've never broken 85. I have had it up to near 8.5k or so in fifth, with stock gearing. However fast that might be.

Comment

It's soooo fast when I get off her, I look like that guy on the extenz comericial..... LOL Had her up to 125-30+ and real stable at speed.

At the 1/4 mile strip
                Ran only three times
                Best time 12.696 105.09 Not bad for a $75.00 bike (ok ok about a $500 bike now)
                In fact I think I'm going to go for a ride.... Vroom Vroom.

Comment

I've had mine up to 100 mph. Didn't want to go any faster, really didn't want to go that fast either but it's surprisingly stable and you don't really notice the speed untill you look at the speedo.

Comment

Way fast GS1150E

Yesterday my drag racing partner rode my newest acquisition, a 1986 GS1150E. The bike has a big block upgrade (exact size unknown. We are going to "pump" the motor to determine the displacement), 38mm Mikuni RS` carbs, stock "looking" exhaust and god only knows what inside for cams and headwork. He did a light burnout and launched it at about 2,500 rpm. It literally smoked the rear tire through 1-2-3& 4th. At 120 mph in fourth it decided to hook-up and immediately stood straight up. He rode the wheelie out and proceeded to run it up to 155 and still had motor left but ran out of road. We will test it fully at the track on April 17th. All this from a stock appearing, very smooth and relatively quiet streetable bike. He said the only thing comparable that he has ridden is his Hyabusa.

Comment

My 1100ES hit an indicated 125 on I75 southbound today... was still pulling with lots of wrist and tach left when I ran out of the fresh tarmac they've laid down and back onto the frost heaved, grated trash with orange barrels everywhere.. those new 36mm carbies are FUUUN Cant wait to drop the cams in and get em degreed.. Sssssh Dont tell Rose!!

Comment

OMG!!!!
                        how big was that fish again
                        man i wish you got a picture of that fish before it broke the line
                        maybe rapidray can help me debunk some of these urban legends here

Comment

Terry, if you are referring to Gregr above, I was feeling the same! Ray.

Comment

Blower Bike and Rapid Ray can kiss my grits. I'm way too old and secure in who I am and what I own to have to make up "Fish Stories". However, I am pleased that I could provide you with a laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by gregr View Post
                              Blower Bike and Rapid Ray can kiss my grits. I'm way too old and secure in who I am and what I own to have to make up "Fish Stories". However, I am pleased that I could provide you with a laugh.
                              hmmmmm,
                              i was talking about TCK...LOL
                              i myself am old and have owned many/built many/worked on many of GS 16v. suzuki's for many people and....i get paid to do this.
                              i will leave it at that.
                              happy easter everybody!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
                                OMG!!!!
                                how big was that fish again
                                man i wish you got a picture of that fish before it broke the line
                                maybe rapidray can help me debunk some of these urban legends here
                                What?? Dont believe me? I didnt say i was on level ground

Comment

Working...
                                X