X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LowellGS View Post
    Did you powdercoat everything yourself?

How? do you have a studio?
    No, i had all the powder done by Doghouse Powder Coating in Sequim WA. I have access to a gun and powder, but can't find an oven. all in all, i have about $800 in powder coat.

Comment

That's not that bad at all.

Comment

wow that looks nice man...nice work.

Comment

Quick question about your wheels, I have just acquired a 77/78 (not sure yet, see my NOOB in AZ posr in GSowners), and though I don't plan on doing a cafe style with it, I want to head in that general direction. I already have spoked wheels, but only have one disc. I have to replace the right fork because the chrome is flaking off of the top of the tubes near the triples, and found some folks selling either the left, or the right side wirth caliper mounts, without anti-dive. My question is, where did you find a spoked hub with mounts for 2 rotors? Id love to have a spoked, dual disc setup. Did you use the stock front MC? Are your brake lights driven off of both the front and rear brakes, or just the rear? I cant wait to see your ride finished. I too am looking at a Black on Black with red accents build.

Comment

Originally posted by RedRooster View Post
            Quick question about your wheels, I have just acquired a 77/78 (not sure yet, see my NOOB in AZ posr in GSowners), and though I don't plan on doing a cafe style with it, I want to head in that general direction. I already have spoked wheels, but only have one disc. I have to replace the right fork because the chrome is flaking off of the top of the tubes near the triples, and found some folks selling either the left, or the right side wirth caliper mounts, without anti-dive. My question is, where did you find a spoked hub with mounts for 2 rotors? Id love to have a spoked, dual disc setup. Did you use the stock front MC? Are your brake lights driven off of both the front and rear brakes, or just the rear? I cant wait to see your ride finished. I too am looking at a Black on Black with red accents build.
            I think my front wheel is from a 78. I THINK. the front disc setup is dependent upon the model i believe. My original setup was with dual front discs, and yes, i am using the original m/c. my brake lights are activated off the front brake lever switch, and the rear uses a hydraulic switch. When i was looking for my rims, i just kept an eye out for one that had the rotor mounting holes on both sides. also, the ad might say if it does. or if you see one, ask the seller if it is a single or dual disc.

Comment

Tank 4.0 is on, off a GS1100e. i likes it

This week will have my freshly powder coated calipers done, and the Russel performance custom lines delivered and done. Also, my local upholsterer is doing the seat foam and cover. it will be held on by stainless snaps. the bike will be rideable in a week or so, with the paint and exhaust coating left. i also need new rear shocks. the stockers are just too short and soft.

Pics:

Comment

Very Nice!

Comment

I like that one, a lot!
                  What plans for paint?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

very nice! keep the pics coming!

Comment

wow! now that is cool. I like!

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko19 View Post
                        Very Nice!
                        Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                        I like that one, a lot!
                        What plans for paint?
                        Originally posted by suzu650 View Post
                        very nice! keep the pics coming!
                        Originally posted by hubert hefner View Post
                        wow! now that is cool. I like!
                        Thanks all!

I was going to fill the emblem mounts and go all black............BUT, i kinda like the red/orange accents from the GS1100 tank. it adds a nice touch. So i may keep it like that. The tail will be painted all black, and i may have the accents repeated on it in the same shape, but smaller.

The bike went in for it's seat today. i go tomorrow to check the foam shape out. the brake lines arrived today, and hopefully the banjo bolts tomorrow. Maybe the calipers will be done too. then i can ride it this weekend!

Comment

Dang that is sweet.. Sounds killer too..

Is that Haven's Kerker pipe? I knew I should have bought that thing!

Nice work dude!

Comment

What a transformation!
                            Nice work, Pete.
                            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by sschering View Post
                              Dang that is sweet.. Sounds killer too..

Is that Haven's Kerker pipe? I knew I should have bought that thing!

Nice work dude!
                              Yes it is! Lol, it needs some TLC though. I need to repair i big road rash/dent on it. And then it will be ceramic coated and the header tubes wrapped. Lol, you shoulda seen the clouds of rust dust that came out of it when i ran it for the first time. And there was a good amount of oil cooking off too..........

Comment

I love how your project is turning out. Talk about giving an old bike a new lease on life! Good looking scoot and I tend to agree that the accents on the tank look good. I can't wait to see how it looks with the seat pad on.

Well Done!

Comment

Working...
                                X