No announcement yet.

My GS750 Cafe Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to admit. I'm not usually a very big fan of the cafe style bikes, but your is turning out to look pretty cool. Well done.

Comment

Only seeing this for the first time.
      Nice job, very tidy, tasteful and well thought out.
      Personally though, I would have kept the paintwork all black.

Comment

Never been a big fan of Cafe Bikes but that is looking real good. Has also given me some cool ideas of things I can do with my bike. Good job can't wait to see the finished poduct.

Comment

Thanks all!

The paint is not finalized yet. The tank does have a couple dings in it, so it will get some bodywork later this summer/fall. or maybe winter. I dunno yet. But when i do get it done, i will probably get the emblem strips filled at least. I'm still out to lunch on the stripes..........

Comment

I went to the upholstery shop today. He wanted me to ok the shape before he sewed a cover up. It looks good, along the lines of what i planned. He's a little slow, but his work has a good reputation. maybe i will have a seat by this weekend?

Comment

Pete,
              I gotta know where you got the tach and speedo...they are perfect for what I have in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by jonymacmadcap View Post
                Pete,
                I gotta know where you got the tach and speedo...they are perfect for what I have in mind.
                These are basically what they are, except i found them as a pair......

The set i found had the same gear ratios i needed. it took a while to find them, lol. but i got them for 50 bucks brand new........

Comment

hi the seat you used, did you have to cut anything off the frame to fit it.

also which of the airtech seats was it?

Comment

Originally posted by indyjoel View Post
                    hi the seat you used, did you have to cut anything off the frame to fit it.

also which of the airtech seats was it?
                    Hello, yes I did have to modify the frame. I cut off the back of it, and had to add 3 curved flat bars for seat supports. I used the CB75021M universal cafe seat.

Comment

Little bit of a bump here. Any more progress on the bike? It looks great so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Flaming Chainsaws View Post
                        Little bit of a bump here. Any more progress on the bike? It looks great so far.
                        Wow, I'm sorry for the huge delay. I acquired another dirt bike and have been spending a lot of time trying to split riding between all 4 bikes, lol.

Here is the bike as it sits today!

Comment

OMFG! Now I have to see your bike in person... Can I?

Comment

OhMyFuggingGod. That is legit! I can't believe you turned it around to that!!

Comment

Pete... that is sex on wheels... amazing... you need to congratulate yourself on that effort!
                              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by Flaming Chainsaws View Post
                                OMFG! Now I have to see your bike in person... Can I?
                                Sure, lol. Trying to get it over to backfire moto this month. i took it the Isle of vashon run. did you go?

Originally posted by midnightcafe View Post
                                OhMyFuggingGod. That is legit! I can't believe you turned it around to that!!
                                Originally posted by pete View Post
                                Pete... that is sex on wheels... amazing... you need to congratulate yourself on that effort!
                                Sweet! Thanks for the compliments!

Comment

Working...
                                X