No announcement yet.

Nitrous street 1166

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Nicks head was flowed with some stock, none backcut valves.
    Thanks for the great info Jim! Terry flowed my head with backcut stock valves that he had.

I just got all of my parts in and will post pictures soon!

AND~~~ I am now the proud owner of an 1100 HD clutch basket!

More to come...

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholaschase29 View Post
      Thanks for the great info Jim! Terry flowed my head with backcut stock valves that he had.

I just got all of my parts in and will post pictures soon!

AND~~~ I am now the proud owner of an 1100 HD clutch basket!

More to come...
      I know you are busy (welcome to my world), but did you ever get your homework done?

V=IR and all that stuff

Comment

I know you are busy (welcome to my world), but did you ever get your homework done?

V=IR and all that stuff
        Hi Jim,

I apologize for not getting back to you - I know I have asked some other questions and you have replied and I have failed to respond further and I'm sorry about that as well. You offered a very in-depth explanation to the problem which I'm sure took up a large amount of time on your end.

I was able to figure out the equivalent resistance by applying a test voltage of 10V to the circuit as shown in P-spice. I guess I never thought of applying mesh current analysis to the circuit with the 10v test. I was just trying to sum them somehow (1/r+1/r=1/R) etc. but couldn't figure out how to do it that way (I NEEDED to apply test). When you sent me that It was just a DUH kind of moment and I was able to create 3 mesh currents and create 3 equations with 3 unknowns and then solve the equations on my calculator using matrices. Once I had the current around the outer loop I applied Ohms law against my 10V test voltage and solved current (0.083333mA) and then could find the resistance. R=V/I=10/0.083333

Thanks Jim!

Comment

Hi Jim,

I apologize for not getting back to you - I know I have asked some other questions and you have replied and I have failed to respond further and I'm sorry about that as well. You offered a very in-depth explanation to the problem which I'm sure took up a large amount of time on your end.

I was able to figure out the equivalent resistance by applying a test voltage of 10V to the circuit as shown in P-spice. I guess I never thought of applying mesh current analysis to the circuit with the 10v test. I was just trying to sum them somehow (1/r+1/r=1/R) etc. but couldn't figure out how to do it that way (I NEEDED to apply test). When you sent me that It was just a DUH kind of moment and I was able to create 3 mesh currents and create 3 equations with 3 unknowns and then solve the equations on my calculator using matrices. Once I had the current around the outer loop I applied Ohms law against my 10V test voltage and solved current (0.083333mA) and then could find the resistance. R=V/I=10/0.083333

Thanks Jim!
          Glad you figure it out. It would seem there were more than just three equation though. It is kinda tricky question I think. But that is also kinda typical. Most real problems are solved numerically , either by matrix inverse or more often some other iterative solution.

Comment

Here are some pictures of my new parts.

I got valve guide seals, head gasket (.045" MLS...), cam chain tensioner gasket, stock 1100 base gasket, 1 set of rings, piston pin clips, O-rings for the cylinder head, some dowel pin locators and I think that's about it.

Comment

Only three Mesh equations are necessary, one for each loop.

You just want the current through the big loop on the left. Once you have your three equations and solve for the current through each loop (need to solve for all 3 simultaneously in order to find one current) use the current on through the loop on the left (0.08333A) and the applied voltage (10V). Solve for R.

Comment

I just did it again quick for you to see written out.

Comment

hey nick,
                  pm me about that basket..i'm a little concerned.

Comment

Also, I couldn't be PAID to run that 1166 MLS gasket! Ask Jim & Bill why!!! Ray.

Comment

I gave my uncle part number c8031 - a composite gasket - to order but the parts guy at his store couldn't find that number and he settled on this gasket. There was already some confusion regarding the piston rings and my uncle felt bad asking him to send the head gasket back too after the ring fiasco. He also figured the metal gasket would be better than composite.

Here's what Jim said when I asked him about it a few weeks ago:

I asked
                      Originally posted by posplayr
                      Originally posted by fasterzx
                      Not sure if it was you as I lost track of where I read it. I am putting a wiesco1166 kit in my bike. In reading through some thread on here someone ( thought it was you ) said they wouldn't recommend using the Cometic head gasket that came in the kit. I was just wondering why.
                      The older Cometic composite gasket is fine, it is the MLS (multi layer stainless) gasket that is the problem. The 1100 gaskets have a tooling problem where the oil port reliefs are on the return ports instead of the pressure side ports so it leaks (like right now).

I don't think they sell the MLS anymore but it may very well be in an older Weisco 1166 kit.
                      [/QUOTE]

I'm hoping either A - They've redesigned the gasket or B - the 0.045" gasket didn't have this same problem (compared to the 0.043")

But maybe you're right Ray and I should just get a proper one now and save myself some headache.

Will a composite gasket be fine for my application?
                      Last edited by Guest; 02-14-2011, 05:13 PM.

Comment

I gave my uncle part number c8031 - a composite gasket - to order but the parts guy at his store couldn't find that number and he settled on this gasket. There was already some confusion regarding the piston rings and my uncle felt bad asking him to send the head gasket back too after the ring fiasco. He also figured the metal gasket would be better than composite.

Here's what Jim said when I asked him about it a few weeks ago:

I asked
                        I'm hoping either A - They've redesigned the gasket or B - the 0.045" gasket didn't have this same problem (compared to the 0.043")

But maybe you're right Ray and I should just get a proper one now and save myself some headache.

Will a composite gasket be fine for my application?[/QUOTE]

Did you read what I said? And you still bought an MLS gasket?

Put on the MLS and you will find out in 30 sec why you don't want to use it.

There is a brand new cometic composit on ebay right now.

Or have Ray make you up one from an 1150.

Comment

I just did it again quick for you to see written out.

OK , I was a little confused on that. The currents you picked are completely arbitrary so long as they map out all paths. It was the splitting of I3 which could have been written either on the left hand or right hand side of the divider network.

I worked a whole bunch of two mesh equations by hand as that was what Circuits I was all about in a Sophomore EE curriculum, but that was about 1977 .

Comment

Get a composite gasket or trim an 1150 gasket to fit. I use the 1150 gaskets on all the 1166 stuff I do. Ray.

Comment

get a 1150 gasket and chamfer your pistons to fit....
                              makes for a very nice job!

Comment

We looked at 1150 gaskets and there are two part numbers for them. Will either one work?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X