My new project thread: 78' GS750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've started to paint now!

Unfortunately it looks a little flat and dull here, it's better in real life. Waiting for the second coat to harden now then I'll sand it down with 1200grit before I apply stickers and clear coat.
    However I see it's a little bit darker than expected so I'm not sure if it'll go well with the orange stripe. It'll look good with the gold but the bright orange I'm not that sure!

I have also drained my tank so it's ready for the bill hirsch tank sealer kit
    Then it'll get repainted too.

Comment

Wow... great color!! It doesnt look dull in the slightest. Orange will make it sporty... gold will make it classy. Haha.

Comment

So if I use both it'll look sporty and classy

Comment

Originally posted by Spiff View Post
          So if I use both it'll look sporty and classy
          Haha... you got the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiff View Post

I have also drained my tank so it's ready for the bill hirsch tank sealer kit
            Never heard of bill hirsch, is it as good as POR-15?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
              Never heard of bill hirsch, is it as good as POR-15?
              I don't know, but the place I got it sold both, at the same price. Now they only sell hirsch. It's probably good

Today I have wetsanded the paint before I applied the clearcoat, waiting for it to cure now

I have also sanded down the back fairing and applied decals, have to wait 2 days before I can apply the clearcoat!
              I think I will use both the orange and gold as It didn't look as bad as I thought it would :P

Comment

Hot damn.... THAT looks great! Sporty/Classy indeed... hahaha. Is that pic of the tail before clear? Are you using 2k Urethane?

Comment

Originally posted by DannyMotor View Post
                  Hot damn.... THAT looks great! Sporty/Classy indeed... hahaha. Is that pic of the tail before clear? Are you using 2k Urethane?
                  Yes the tail is before clearcoat, I have to wait a minimum of two days before applying the clear because the decals need to be absolutely dry and free of moisture...

No I'm just using ordinary rattlecans sadly...

Comment

Youll be fine on the tail and plastics.

Comment

here are the sidecovers, tailpiece will be painted today. Then I can start on the tank. And if I get my seat back soon then the bike is basically all done.

some are with flash some aren't

Comment

Youre a man after my own heart... I wish we could park our bikes next to each other when theyre done...

Comment

It looks real nice. An eye popper.

cg
                          sigpic
                          83 GS1100g
                          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Thanks

Here's the rear cover with clear, waiting for it to cure. Tomorrow I can put it back on

And I assure you the stripes are not pink and light brown even though they may appear too :P

I also removed the rusted and scarred turn signal bracket and fixed it up real nice with some fresh paint, wish my frame was this nice :P

And finally I have started to work on the tank, I should have started weeks ago but i guess it's better late than never

Comment

Just gorgeous...

Comment

Not sure if I like the color or not...

Last edited by chuck hahn; 05-09-2012, 10:00 PM.
                                MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                                1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                                X