time for the good old RIP ER APPART!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

time for the good old RIP ER APPART!!

ok so today i rode the bike roughly 60 mi round trip and the bike was making a odd gurgling noise the whole time but i know its not the crabs because their is oil on top of the crank casing in drips under the carbs ??
    i am guessing a blown piston ring? any thoughts on what else may have caused this because the bike need a complete overhual anyway lol

also i have an 80-82 model tank for sale or trade for a 78 model tank

i will be posting many many many pics up on photo bucket for those who like details only about50% of the pics will make it to the forms

Originally posted by Reaper0001 View Post
    i am guessing a blown piston ring?
    That's not it.

Tell me about the '80 tank please.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

then what is it and i will send ya a pm about the tank ok it has a hack paintjob on it and a fairly significant dent in it

Comment

help on this problem would be good before i buy a complete rebuild kit
        i need to know every scenario before i just say screw it and start wrenching and labeling it all
        bike was running fine until 2 days ago when it started running like DOOKY and not wanting to go without lots of throttle as if it all of a sudden got way to rich
        it is giving all the signs of a blown piston ring but i dont know i could be wrong
        Last edited by Guest; 10-05-2012, 04:51 PM.

Comment

my GS850 performed the same way, smoked ridiculously too, no idea what the problem was as I had just gotten my madura and didn't troubleshoot it, I degreased the motor to hell though but never found out exactly where it was leaking.

Comment

i have check it all out took off the crabs took of the pipes found oil inside of both on cylinder #4 thanks

Comment

Your bike has an std? ewwww

Comment

thanks lol

Comment

As far as leaks on top of the crankcase, check your cam chain tensioner, they often leak. All mine did on my '82 GS1100EZ.
                  It's this thingy sticking out behind the cylinders over the crankcase and under the carb boots with that (knob) wheel on it. Feel for oil on the bottom.

sigpic
                  Steve
                  "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Do a compression test CHECK the oil for gas. The crankcase may be full of gas re the dripping out of the breather caused by bad petcock and bad carb float needles

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1 View Post
                      Do a compression test CHECK the oil for gas. The crankcase may be full of gas re the dripping out of the breather caused by bad petcock and bad carb float needles
                      That was my thought how is your oil level? If you bike is overfull of oil and is really full of gas it would run like that. Also as in your first post maybe it is a STD, because I have never seen a bike with CRABS
                      1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
                      80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
                      1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
                      83 gs750ed- first new purchase
                      85 EX500- vintage track weapon
                      1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
                      “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
                      If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

the spark plug threads have oil on them and the exhaust pipe has oil in it its gotta be ither a ring or a cracked cylinder

Comment

Hey that's one fie finish to your engine there sedelen. Pray tell me what you did to make it look like that. Vapour blasting?

See my blog to see who mine looks now:

The restoration project for my dad's 1984 Suzuki GS1100 G.The bike was shipped to the UK and is now in Canterbury for restoration - August 2012.

and my rebuild thread:

Are you doing a restoration project of some kind on a GS? Let everyone see what you are doing by posting the details here.

Greetings

Richard
                          Richard
                          sigpic
                          GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
                          GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                          GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                          GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
                          Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
                          Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

OK has anyone removed the block from the frame by their self i need help figuring out how to do that!
                            i need to get it out of the bike before i start to remove it

Comment

You'll pull it out from the right side; many many threads on here about doing it - some manhandle it out, others lay the bike down, still others rig up something.
                              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                              X