X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn Signals

Originally posted by Battleship62 View Post
    Thanks.

Signals; not sure but I will find out. Actually I'm switching those and along adding the front signals with ones that have clear lenses with yellow bulbs.
    The lights are nothing fancy. They are from a company called K&S and the part number of those I ended up on the bike was #25-8110, (mini stalk, black, clear lens with yellow bulbs).

Front signals

and rear.

Comment

Excuse me miss, do you need a light?

As I mentioned on an earlier post, I mounted a cigarette lighter plug where the empty hole of the ignition key switch was once located.

I got everything to work on the gauge cluster (turn indicators, neutral, low fuel warning, hi-beams) except for the temp gauge. Still have to sort that one out yet.

Comment

As I mentioned on an earlier post, I mounted a cigarette lighter plug where the empty hole of the ignition key switch was once located.

I got everything to work on the gauge cluster (turn indicators, neutral, low fuel warning, hi-beams) except for the temp gauge. Still have to sort that one out yet.

]
        Very clean cockpit

Comment

Thanks for the part number!

Comment

Sweet build! Subscribed.

I'm anxious to see how you will sort this one out because I will be facing a similar challenge later on with one of my projects. The gauge is from a water cooled bike.
            2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer (it's gone)
            1985 Suzuki Madura GV1200
            2 X 1980 Suzuki GSX1100ETs (next project
            s)

Comment

Originally posted by quexpress View Post
              Sweet build! Subscribed.

I'm anxious to see how you will sort this one out because I will be facing a similar challenge later on with one of my projects. The gauge is from a water cooled bike.
              Why not just use the original sensor that was matched to the Gauge?

The worst thing is to retread the existing hole for a different sender.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                Why not just use the original sensor that was matched to the Gauge?

The worst thing is to retread the existing hole for a different sender.
                Would it still work and be accurate although the sensor was originally meant to be in water, but is now in oil?
                s)

Comment

Originally posted by quexpress View Post
                  Would it still work and be accurate although the sensor was originally meant to be in water, but is now in oil?
                  The sensor is sensitive to temperature, nothing else (of any significance). In fact the only thing I can think of is relativistic effects. I need to get my "particle in a box" theory out for review.

Comment

The sensor is sensitive to temperature, nothing else (of any significance). In fact the only thing I can think of is relativistic effects. I need to get my "particle in a box" theory out for review.
                    OK! In that case the solution will be to rethread the hole in the block or use a brass adapter for the sensor.
                    Thanks Jim!
                    Normand
                    s)

Comment

Indeed, a very nice gauge cluster.

Of course if I had a similar speedo, it'd be like an old scratched record of mine: license suspended, license revoked.
                      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Time for a little Conjugal Riding

Picked up the bike last Saturday and happily added another 300 miles on the odometer on Sunday and Monday morning (took the day off). Life is good.

It's not a concour de elegance motorcycle but she's a runner and looker. I still got a small list to complete with the seat the last big ticket item but for now I just want to drive it like a scalded dog and spend some quality time with it.

Here's a few pictures with more to come later.

Here's a plug for the bike shop in Reading, PA I used to do final assembly. The owner is a master of the 70's & 80's jap bikes, both 2- and 4-stroke engines, and has a great attention to detail on every nut, bolt, washer, gasket, and the overall look of the bike. I might also add, he came up with the front cowl detail that capture the look I was going for.

I did put on the side and back decals on an shined up the stainless steel header a tad (it got stained with melting road salt when I trailer to the shop last February).

Comment

Question....What is the hose connected to where the oil cap was for?
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Looks like you improved the color mix in the photos. These look much more like the stock gs blue.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                              Question....What is the hose connected to where the oil cap was for?
                              Hopefully I won't fire up too much debate on this but this is an additional crankcase vent.

When I took this bike for a test ride last year after it was first mocked up and in running condition, I notice the vent line on top of the engine didn't have its hose hook on and it had vented some oil all over the top of the engine. When I brought it back to the shop, I also brought with me a new hose and breather filter to install. My mechanic was adamant about having a vent line added on the filler cap added because he thought my rebuilt engine had additional pressure inside from the mods that RapidRay did to it engine rebuild (must be because of those plutonium rods that Ray stuck inside ). Anyhow, I relented and he added a vent line.

Now I have a two vents one from the upper and the the oil fill cap and they each has its own breather filter similar to the attached picture that are tuck under the seat. I don't have a good picture of them but I will show one the next time I get it out for a ride.

Comment

50 Shades of Blue

Looks like you improved the color mix in the photos. These look much more like the stock gs blue.
                                The color is still a bit of a sore subject with me. I was so close to getting it right (original Starry Blue) but just didn't make it. Nonetheless, I okay with it now.

I do notice that this blue, depending on the amount of sunlight, the time of day, pollen count, solar flares, etc., seems to have a different shade of blue at any given time. Sometimes as I look at it I think its a perfect shade of blue, then other times, not so much.

Comment

Working...
                                X