No announcement yet.

GSX400f - "WesCafé" - Build - Melb/Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well they arent exactly in the best condition! look at all that pitting!!!!!

Yeh Petes lol

Comment

haha nice one. did you know he just got another gsx1100! crazy. i want one!

Comment

Ok you pair officially have me lost... MCR?
        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Melbourne Cafe Racers.

Part of the Australian Cafe Racers group. Check em out on facebook Pete!

And i didnt mean you with the forks, a local rider mate has a ridiculous amount of bikes and his name is Pete too :P

Comment

anyways this morning i spent painting the 3Dprinted parts and fitting my custom fork covers and indicator mounts...

and a little mockup of the headlamp assembly.

Last edited by Guest; 07-22-2013, 11:01 PM.

Comment

looking great dude!

Comment

Good stuff Nick! Will check out Australian Cafe Racers at some point...

sigpic

Comment

well latest update. Everything is almost back on the front end.

Have mounted the new gauge with a nice aluminium bracket my mates dad fabbed up for me. Fits like a glove!

Nissin Master Cylinder on. SS lines ready to be installed.

Front Lamp Mounted. (ive used the mounting bolt as a grounding point for most of the **** up front, I hope that will do! )

Just waiting for some input in the electrical/ignition section on my new Koso gauge before i fire her back up!

Also, just started making my custom seat. Overall look of the bike is kind of an early 80's Jap Racer. Once ive neatened up the seat and proportions, I'm actually going to make a plug from that mold (so if anyone wants to buy a rear section ill be making them in Fibreglass and for myself, Carbon Fibre )

Early stages for the seat though.
                  Hopefully by tomorrow i can fire her back up! Its been about 2 months since she has been alive, so lets hope everything goes smoothly!

Now have to find somehwere to HIDE all this JUNK

Comment

Great work so far mate, particularly liking the details like rounded master cylinder reservoir.

Cheers - boingk

Comment

Very nice work!
                      Can you give some details on the headlight mount, did you use the single offset bolt hole that's on the lower tree? would like to see few close ups of the way you mounted the lamp
                      as i need to figure it out too
                      thanks
                      Eran

Comment

Thanks fellas.

Yeh just a simple bracket from your local hardware store. Drilled an offset hole and mounted it. the lamp is not heavy so the bolt doesnt need to support a whole lot of weight.
                        Also, Ive got a race-style stainless steel brake line setup (two separate lines) so i have no need for that fluid junction 1->2 thingy that used to attach to that bolt hole on the lower triple tree.

Comment

Where did you get those clip ons? Like that style. Also good looking bike.

Comment

Looking good Nik! Have you got any plans for the seat to blend in properly with the rear of the tank and cover the mounting bolts?

sigpic

Comment

Norman: The clip-ons are just a flea-bay special. 33mm clip ons they only set me back like 60$

Pete: Not really, i mean, the seat will cover the tank mounting bolts, but im not going to blend it into the tank line i dont think - have been in two minds about that. Maybe i will - Im not sure.
                              I'm taking inspiration from 80's jap race bikes, so there wont be any upholstery going on, just some black foam laid down. purposeful. no excess

Comment

hey mate are you running standard ignition on yours? Im having electrical issues on mine ATM. IE NO SPARK! Ive replaced my coils, starter relay, removed the key etc but looking at doing the signal generator next..? Any ideas? nice bike by the way!
                                guz

Comment

Working...
                                X