No announcement yet.

GSX400f - "WesCafé" - Build - Melb/Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just standard ignition man, i havent messed with anything like that. And i honestly have no idea about those parts of the machine yet lol I guess ill learn when/if i have problems :P

Comment

cool man thanks for that...
      just go through your beast and make sure you have plenty of nice clean earths on the frame. Mine were rusty as, barely even metal on some.
      Have you changed your regulator rectifier yet? Better do that first if you haven't already. there are some great articles on the Bikecliff site to help you keep her electrically healthy.

Cheers

Guz

Comment

Changed that and the Stator as soon as i bought her
        Got the latest Shindengen beast kit on it. works like a charm!

Comment

definitely liking the way your heading its looking sweet..Im gonna head more scrambler with mine i think..
          Im trying to work out what to change next..stator or pick ups
          NEED to ride man

Comment

well i have been doing stuff with the bike. but not documenting it. so busy with uni as of late.

Here is the shot of the seat mould. Will be laying her up this week, then cutting and shaping etc

More to come; bike has to be up and ready to go in two weeks!!! DGR ride (distinguished gentlemans ride) coming up!

Comment

lookin good!

Comment

Have a look at your right hand handle bar switch
                The wiring runs along a metal edge just
                Where the throttle tube sits and I found
                All the insulation on a few of my wires had worn
                Through... Got her going today, so stoked :-)

Comment

Just a quick before and after - got a bit bored while waiting for this fibreglassing to set.
                  ps, the mould failed miserably, for some reason the "tape' method over the foam wasnt enough of a barrier and it ate away the blue foam. Will just take a lot of bog to rescue the situation but should still be good to go after this next layer of glass sets.

Comment

some pics from my mould and fibreglassing + the beagle getting some afternoon sun.

Comment

lookin good, can't wait to see the end results!

Comment

BEAGLE POWER !!!!!!!!!!

I loves me a Beagle!

Comment

seat turned out better than i thought. Still a **** load of bog and sanding that needs to be done - but held its shape even after the foam failed.

Little bit of trimming here and there... not long now i hope.

Comment

A LOT of work went to getting the seat shaped and painted after the fibreglassing didnt go as predicted. LOTS of bog, many hours shaping and sanding. But finally its at a point where im happy and will be ready for next weeks DGR charity ride

Comment

Good work Nik! I remember the effort that went into my tail piece as well, but well worth it when it turns out good!
                              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Good thread and good work Nik. I doubt that you will be riding this out to Ayers Rock though. Might be a bit hard on the arse.

Comment

Working...
                                X