Best Motor Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AAAAHHHHHAAAAAAAA

they have this one on sale this week.......

$20.79 - $34.39
    Reg $25.99 - $42.99
    Ea
    Shell Rotella Diesel Oil

Time to go and get some.......

It's even the one Steve has put a picture of, so now I know it's the good one....LOL

Comment

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I don't believe an oil thread this long got started by a guy's first post.
        NO PIC THANKS TO FOTO BUCKET FOR BEING RIDICULOUS

Current Rides: 1980 Suzuki GS1000ET, 2009 Yamaha FZ1, 1983 Honda CB1100F, 2006 H-D Fatboy
        Previous Rides: 1972 Yamaha DS7, 1977 Yamaha RD400D, '79 RD400F Daytona Special, '82 RD350LC, 1980 Suzuki GS1000E (sold that one), 1982 Honda CB900F, 1984 Kawasaki GPZ900R

Comment

I can't believe there haven't been any smart assed remarks about oil threads.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I do recall Steve teaching me to stick with one brand, don't change brands due to what's on sale. That is when sludge starts to build because their addatives don't play well together.
            My oil? big jug of cheap walmart.

Comment

Sludge in a jug.

Comment

I use the full synthetic 5w-40 rotella diesel oil. My suzi loves it..... . I change it 3 times a year/riding season. Probably a bit of overkill but your oil is your engines lifeblood.

Last edited by Guest; 06-22-2013, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Any thoughts on rotella dino 15/40 vs. syn 5/40? Same 40 weight on the hot end, but will our motors do any better with the lighter weight on start-up?

Comment

If you are not often starting the bike in sub zero temps, it won't matter much... at normal riding temperatures they are both OK.

I was thinking of mixing the two Rotellas 50/50 to make 10W-40 like Suzuki recomended, it would be semi-synthetic? Never got around to it. Either one is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by whittjayw View Post
                      1978 GS750 has been sitting for two years while restoring frame up. What is the best oil to use, as I have not seen bike run.
                      Guess no one reads from the front page anymore....
                      “More Than You've Ever Wanted To Know About Motor Oil”

Last edited by Guest; 06-22-2013, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                        If you are not often starting the bike in sub zero temps, it won't matter much... at normal riding temperatures they are both OK.

I was thinking of mixing the two Rotellas 50/50 to make 10W-40 like Suzuki recomended, it would be semi-synthetic? Never got around to it. Either one is fine.
                        I would not recommend this at all, we have wet clutches and ANYTHING synthetic will make it slip..... but its your bike...

Comment

Synthetic does NOT make wet clutches slip. Have used synthertic oil in MANY motorcycles. Urban legend BS that is not true.

Comment

Originally posted by 1980GS1000E View Post
                            I don't believe an oil thread this long got started by a guy's first post.
                            Are you kidding? All you have to do around here to get a thread this long is post the word 'oil'.

I'm a Rotella T girl, I even use it in the muffins I bake.
                            "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Rotella T6 synthetic oil, 5W40, is JASO MA certified, so it is OK for wet clutches.

Jim
                              1981 GS550T (Long gone)
                              1983 GS650G (Rolling rebuild is now a full rebuild.)

Comment

Originally posted by GSJim View Post
                                Rotella T6 synthetic oil, 5W40, is JASO MA certified, so it is OK for wet clutches.

Jim
                                Jim - thanks for clarifying. BUT there is a big deference between Rotella type oils which is mainly for diesel engines and regular off the shelf synthetic oil for regular car engines.

Comment

Working...
                                X