No announcement yet.

1984 GS750E Sport project bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have been super busy with hockey the last month and haven't touched the bike since Sept. Sold the 1 tail and found a 2000 GSXR1000 tail and going to go with that. With the colder weather and snow coming it will get put away soon for the winter and start back up in the spring. So will have to get an undertail, seat and cowl this winter.

Comment

Nice project!

Comment

Ive been quietly following this cool project along. I think the GSXR tail looks the best so far, though it doesn't tie into the lines of the tank. If you're going to go with that tail, whats the plan for the electical items that went behind the side panel?
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
          Ive been quietly following this cool project along. I think the GSXR tail looks the best so far, though it doesn't tie into the lines of the tank. If you're going to go with that tail, whats the plan for the electical items that went behind the side panel?
          Thanks, I also think the tail looks the best so far. I see the tank and other parts of the bike are muscular and curvy and i see the tail that way too. I didn't want a small little tail or something too pointy and this one is curvy and has some size to it.

I am going to locate all the electric to under the passenger cowl. I will make a box to mount them all in and make some side panels to help cover up the battery and shock. I might even try taking on making my own wiring harness with new wires and have everything on quick connectors too.

Comment

The city I live in doesn't have a huge bike population and is harder to find some part as things don't pop up often and we don't have a bike salvage place anymore either. So I am trying to make due with what I can find locally and smaller parts from eBay. So I have a vision in my head of what I want it to be, but in reality it will be what I can do with what I can get and afford. I would like a $20k showbike, but will be more of an everyday rider, but the biggest part for me is learning more and more fabrication, troubleshooting, and keeps me entertained by thinking out all the different ideas that I can do and how to do it.

Comment

If it were my bike I'd lose that tail & go back a step with a shape based on what you had before... You could mould one out of Fibreglass easy enough I would think.

Have a look at what I photochopped below. Much more brutal looking, gives it that "big shouldered" muscle bike look.

Looking good so far

eNtyezjl.jpg
              Last edited by salty_monk; 10-20-2017, 05:31 PM.
              1980 GS1000G - Sold
              1978 GS1000E - Finished!
              1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
              1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
              2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
              1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
              2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
                If it were my bike I'd lose that tail & go back a step with a shape based on what you had before... You could mould one out of Fibreglass easy enough I would think.

Have a look at what I photochopped below. Much more brutal looking, gives it that "big shouldered" muscle bike look.

Looking good so far

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53050[/ATTACH]
                Thanks. Options are always appreciated. I now have the winter to think about it.

Comment

Looking forward to moving the bikes to the garage soon to work on them.

Comment

Looking good so far

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53050[/ATTACH]
                    I really really like your photoshop rendition!!

Comment

Picked up a 79 KZ650 tail on the weekend.

Comment

Looks like you may end up somewhat similar to the one I built...

IMG_3553.jpg
                        1980 GS1000G - Sold
                        1978 GS1000E - Finished!

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

IMG_0620.jpg

Naked.....

I thickened up the seat for comfort but you may not have the same issue with the rearsets... It probably could have used some.
                          1980 GS1000G - Sold
                          1978 GS1000E - Finished!

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54486[/ATTACH]

Naked.....

I thickened up the seat for comfort but you may not have the same issue with the rearsets... It probably could have used some.
                            Nice, what rear wheel did you use?

Comment

Looks like you may end up somewhat similar to the one I built...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54484[/ATTACH]
                              Nice, and I hope so.

Comment

Finally got around to doing some work on it. Put the electronics, carbs ,and the oil cooler back on. The key was "misplaced" by my wife and I have to either hotwire, or break the igntion(not using it anyone) and will try to start this weekend. i did get it to start for a few seconds back when I bought it but after taking the carbs off and seeing how bad they were I want to see how well the engine runs now. once that is done will see about getting the chain to line up then pull the motor and start working on all the other little things.

Comment

Working...
                                X