No announcement yet.

1984 GS750E Sport project bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well figured out the ignition and tried to start it but it wouldn't catch. Used some quick start and it would cough, so I assume it wasn't getting gas. Well I moved it close tot he wall and it I guess the swingarm stand didn't like that and it slide down the wall and hit the floor and broke the right side cover plate. I have decided to take it apart and get a bunch of stuff done to the chassis while I figure out what to do with the engine to try and get it running. I also took that rolling stand apart and made 2 rolling work benches instead.

Figured I would start on the front end and do the forks and brakes. So I have taken apart the forks and will paint the lowers black. I used a dremel to remove the seams from both sides of the lowers, and used a wire brush on the angle grinder to remove the flaking paint. Now I am not sure if I should use an etching primer first then a filler primer then paint or just go with a regular primer. After the lowers I will take apart the calipers and paint them red and then assemble the whole thing so that will be done.

Now to order some seals, dust seals and maybe a caliper rebuild kit and pads.

Comment

Spent a bit of time last night and took apart the calipers to get ready to paint them red.

Cleaned the pistons as they were pretty dirty and very hard to get out. Before/after shot of a couple.

Comment

The tank I have is from a CB750 and I want to put Suzuki badges on it. So I was tossing around a couple options. How many have you worked with Carbon Fiber?

1. I can just make a carbon fiber plate that screws into the tank sides instead of the Gurls blouse and then get some of those chrome raised letters to stick to that.

2. Take a Suzuki badge and press into modelling clay and then push the clay on the tank to follow the curve then use carbon fiber to make badges with embossed letters in carbon.

I also have a couple of threaded mounting holes on the frame from a fairing or something and instead of grinding off and welding in plates I was also goign to make some carbon fiber cover plates so I could use those mounts in the future if I want. I could also make a cover plate for the upper triple clamp.

Comment

Primed and ready for paint. Any suggestions on paint?

Comment

Black......

Also, "gurls blouse" may not translate to "Honda" for a lot of people here.
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
              Black......

Also, "gurls blouse" may not translate to "Honda" for a lot of people here.
              Damn phones

Comment

Forks painted with auto enamel 5 coats

And 2 coats of primer on calipers. Waiting at least 24 hour before doing 5 coats of red brake paint on them.

Also used a wire brush in a drill to clean all bleed screws, bolts and rods. Now to clean all the seals and get new pads and braided hoses.

Comment

What an awesome thread! I am on the look out for a second bike not so much to make it a sport bike but to tear it down and make it look new. My bike is my only means of transport so laying it up for 5 months isnt an option ... but if I got a second!

Comment

Originally posted by Boriqua View Post
                    What an awesome thread! I am on the look out for a second bike not so much to make it a sport bike but to tear it down and make it look new. My bike is my only means of transport so laying it up for 5 months isnt an option ... but if I got a second!
                    Good luck with that. Lots of bikes out there and when it is a second bike and you can take your time, you will learn lots.

Comment

after 3 coats of red brake paint.

Comment

did you figure out what youre gonna do with the seat and tail?

Comment

Originally posted by mrrcom View Post
                          did you figure out what youre gonna do with the seat and tail?
                          I am going to use that kz650 tail and might make a seat. There is a cbr600 corbin seat for sale around me I might see if it would work.

Comment

the kz650 tail looks good. i bought a set of plastics from a 2000 era 750 gixxer planning on using the tail but it was way too big and didnt look good at all.

Comment

Originally posted by mrrcom View Post
                              the kz650 tail looks good. i bought a set of plastics from a 2000 era 750 gixxer planning on using the tail but it was way too big and didnt look good at all.
                              Did the same kinda thing. I have a gsxr tail and I had an R1 tail both too big and didn't look quite right. I think the KZ will look good

Comment

IMG_3552.jpg

Looks somewhat familiar...
                                1980 GS1000G - Sold
                                1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                                1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                                1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                                2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                                1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                                2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
                                X