Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 gs1100e

Hi guys,

As most know I purchased two 1982 1100e's last month...I really didn't know what I was going to do with them but now I have a plan.
    One has a Yoshimura and the other has a Wolf exhaust....I love Yoshi pipes but I decided to keep the one with the Wolf....Wolf, for those that don't know was a company in SW Ontario in the late 70s and 80s making very cool exhausts for the super bike scene in Canada and the US...Gary Wolf. They were known for their very free flowing headers...you will see how rounded they are at the front ..very unique. He was a pianist and tuner engineer that understood airflow.
    So I have a buyer for the Yoshi bike.
    So here is what I have...one owner bike with 38,000kms..tank was replaced because it sat and the po had it painted "to match"...lol
    So I'll be having the bike painted and new decals
    Apex SS brake lines and keeping the anti dives
    Sonic fork springs
    New Perili sport demons
    Ceramic coat gun metal grey rims
    And of course detailing the crap out of it....lol
    I'm hoping to accomplish all of this in 30 days.

No signature

Very rounded at the front? They look like the headers on the 550's. Or am I mistaken? Looking forward to your restoration.
    #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
    #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
    #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
    #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

Glad to follow another clean-up/resto thread.
      I couldn't find it on-line but 10? years ago i got a Wolf decal from Diablo/Reproduction Decals.
      Andre said he could size it to fit the badge plate.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
        Glad to follow another clean-up/resto thread.
        I couldn't find it on-line but 10? years ago i got a Wolf decal from Diablo/Reproduction Decals.
        Andre said he could size it to fit the badge plate.
        Lol...yep. My Wolf decal arrived from them last week.
        Last edited by trevor; 02-28-2022, 10:54 AM.
        No signature

Comment

I love doing bikes that are mechanically solid and require a cosmetic rescue. It's so much fun and relatively in-expensive. Paint and tires are probably biggest investments. I'll be following along for sure.
          1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Originally posted by roeme View Post
            Very rounded at the front? They look like the headers on the 550's. Or am I mistaken? Looking forward to your restoration.
            To me the headers look like the hand bent Moriwaki from the same era.

cb750_5_TL.jpg
            Paul

sigpic

Originally posted by Grimly
            Watery bints handing out swords is no basis for any system of government.

Comment

Originally posted by nvr2old View Post
              I love doing bikes that are mechanically solid and require a cosmetic rescue. It's so much fun and relatively in-expensive. Paint and tires are probably biggest investments. I'll be following along for sure.
              Lol...I hear that! Paint quote is $600 cash which is great...tires are $400 for Sport Demons, Sonic fork springs are almost $200 with shipping. SS lines another $165. oem gaskets will be close to $200 with a couple of other things...all CND dollars...I'm hoping to be around $2000 to $2500 into it plus the $1000 I have from buying the bike.....I bought the two bikes for $3000 and sold the one for $2000
              Originally posted by slayer61 View Post
              To me the headers look like the hand bent Moriwaki from the same era.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63935[/ATTACH]
              Nice looking pipe (that's what she said)
              No signature

Comment

All this pipe talk, are there, will there be pods? We all know how problematic jetting an 11E without a dynamometer is. We all remember Big Blue (RIP).

In case anyone's asleep, I say YES to the pods. Once more into the breach!
                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                  All this pipe talk, are there, will there be pods? We all know how problematic jetting an 11E without a dynamometer is. We all remember Big Blue (RIP).

In case anyone's asleep, I say YES to the pods. Once more into the breach!
                  Lol...no pods! Airbox, K&N filter with the lid off and stage one jet kit....
                  No signature

Comment

Little bit of progress....covers going to Vic plating tomorrow for polishing and stuff to the painter...

I finally bought a good tool tray/cart today too!

No signature

Comment

No fair posting EZ pics better looking than mine !!
                      82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                        Lol....It's going to need a lot of work to there....got the stuff dropped off at painter and plater yesterday...painting is likely closer to $900 now (Cash) ....no idea what the polisher is going to charge me but I'm sure it will be over $500....yikes I likely going to have closer to $4000 total into the bike when it's done....
                        No signature

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                          I came to terms with that years ago.

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                          Lol....It's going to need a lot of work to there....got the stuff dropped off at painter and plater yesterday...painting is likely closer to $900 now (Cash) ....no idea what the polisher is going to charge me but I'm sure it will be over $500....yikes I likely going to have closer to $4000 total into the bike when it's done....
                          But you'll also have our undying love. And you can't put a price on that.
                          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                            I came to terms with that years ago.

But you'll also have our undying love. And you can't put a price on that.
                            No signature

Comment

Just testing posting pics...swingarm out for cleaning

No signature

Comment

Working...
                              X