No announcement yet.

1982 gs1100e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's coming out so nice. Your painter did an excellent job on the body parts. I, too, used the VHT flat black header paint for my exhaust. I noticed, accidentally, that if you let them dry for a few days, then rub them down with a blue paper shop rag, they get a real nice shine to them almost a ceramic-looking finish.
    1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Originally posted by nvr2old View Post
      That's coming out so nice. Your painter did an excellent job on the body parts. I, too, used the VHT flat black header paint for my exhaust. I noticed, accidentally, that if you let them dry for a few days, then rub them down with a blue paper shop rag, they get a real nice shine to them almost a ceramic-looking finish.
      Thanks I’m really happy with the paint. Good to know about the rub down effect! I’ll post some pics of my results on the exhaust. Cheers
      No signature

Comment

Some little things today....added pinstripes to the side covers, ss bolts for the carbs, and emblems added to the covers.....and how my header looks now

No signature

Comment

My Gawd. That's just stunning. Very nice.
          Paul

sigpic

Originally posted by Grimly
          Watery bints handing out swords is no basis for any system of government.

Comment

What can I say? I guess Kind'f just what I've expected out of you... Looking great.
            1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Trevor, I have a pristine, original, complete, exhaust system for a 82 GS-1100e. I would consider selling it to you. It won't be cheap and the shipping might be expensive. If you think you might be interested in it let me know...
              My Motorcycles:
              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
              79 1000e (all original)
              82 850g (all original)
              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                Trevor, I have a pristine, original, complete, exhaust system for a 82 GS-1100e. I would consider selling it to you. It won't be cheap and the shipping might be expensive. If you think you might be interested in it let me know...
                We’ll I’m into this bike for over $4000 so far..lol please send me a pm. I’m interested. Good thing my wife isn’t on here
                No signature

Comment

Good work with the spray bomb on headers! Did you use their primer too? (I had trouble with the clear coat lifting the paint so I'll be leery of that again... so what trick did you use?)
                  Last edited by Gorminrider; 03-25-2022, 12:17 PM. Reason: Leary? haha leery, I think

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
                    Good work with the spray bomb on headers! Did you use their primer too? (I had trouble with the clear coat lifting the paint so I'll be leery of that again... so what trick did you use?)
                    No trick. I did two coats of the flat black then let it sit for an hour then went at it with the clear coat. Worked good for me.
                    No signature

Comment

Polished up Wolf exhaust can today. Here are some before and after pics
                      Monday I start putting the bike back together.
                      I will put the Wolf emblem on once the pipe has been fitted back on the bike

No signature

Comment

All I can is wow; you do fantastic work
                        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                          All I can is wow; you do fantastic work
                          Don't tell him that Scott, now he will need a new helmet------about 3 sizes bigger 🤣.....

Just messin' with you Trevor. Very nice work indeed.
                          Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                          '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                          '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                          '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                          '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Oh, God. I love headers, black headers, and I love the word 'racing.'

When I bought a new Dunlop for the rear of my Kaw 900, the salesman asked, "Street or race compound?"

If you told me it was from a race dog, I'd scoop up a pile of shyte and display it in my kitchen.

Trevor, your work and your taste are impeccable.
                            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Looks awesome! I’ll be happy if mine is even half as nice as this.

where did you get the side cover pin stripes? I’m sure I could make it myself but I’m lazy and wondering if there was a pre made one available
                              1977 Suzuki GS750
                              1983 Suzuki GS1100E

Comment

Originally posted by Zerospirit View Post
                                Looks awesome! I’ll be happy if mine is even half as nice as this.

where did you get the side cover pin stripes? I’m sure I could make it myself but I’m lazy and wondering if there was a pre made one available
                                Thanks...I just bought normal black 1/4" pinstriping from an automotive store.
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X