No announcement yet.

1982 gs1100e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My buddy Mark came over here today and we got at putting it back together....we did get it fired up but carb 4 had a leak...carbs off again...so much fun lol...
    Happy with the look of the exhaust and managed to get a nicer bend up at the can...much better than it was...

No signature

Comment

Well things are coming along....I have some details left like swapping those hideous bars out (motocross bars, really?) Lol
      The side covers have some tab repairs needed....I need to bleed the brakes, clean up the gauges....oh and disconnect the wire that goes to the battery for the idiot light on the dash.
      Plus the tank is not hooked up yet.....I'm falling in love with the bike now....there were thoughts of selling but I don't think I can do it....to perrrty. Lol
      Really happy that I bent the exhaust can up a bit too....

No signature

Comment

Like the bike, love the pipe.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Simply stunning. Looks brand new!
          1977 Suzuki GS750
          1983 Suzuki GS1100E

Comment

Really looking nice.
            1986 1150EF
            2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Well it's really close now...today I decided to take pics to send into our Gov (Commie) insurance to apply for a collector plate...can't imagine it would get turned down. I think it's turned out to be one of the nicest restorations I have done....first time I have had a bike professionally painted.

No signature

Comment

Really Really nice job on the entire project...What's with the cam end caps, the chrome ones shouldn't have the ridges, the ones with ridges should be black W/ silver ridges, did you get those chrome plated, just a huge amount of polishing??? Looks good, but personalized.
                1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
                  Really Really nice job on the entire project...What's with the cam end caps, the chrome ones shouldn't have the ridges, the ones with ridges should be black W/ silver ridges, did you get those chrome plated, just a huge amount of polishing??? Looks good, but personalized.
                  Thanks, I had them polish the black away...never liked the black on the caps...just my opinion. I have considered painting in the three lines in the caps in black though.
                  No signature

Comment

Just personal preference, no wrong answers... My personal opinion I like the chrome ones on the black eng. for a little contrast, also like the black on the silver eng. for same reason. If those caps are the only thing I can find to pick on, You did great. Now, are you planning on riding this bike??? It deserves to be ridden but wouldn't deserve the results dust, dirt, bugs, road grime. Again Great job.
                    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
                      Just personal preference, no wrong answers... My personal opinion I like the chrome ones on the black eng. for a little contrast, also like the black on the silver eng. for same reason. If those caps are the only thing I can find to pick on, You did great. Now, are you planning on riding this bike??? It deserves to be ridden but wouldn't deserve the results dust, dirt, bugs, road grime. Again Great job.
                      Yes, I will ride it for sure....I have had fleeting thoughts of selling it....I have too many bikes for my comfort level. My ocd requires that all my bikes be in top running condition and that is a lot of work for these old bikes. Plus I insure all my bikes all year and that gets expensive too.
                      But after seeing the almost finished product, it would be hard to sell it I think.
                      Now I have to get a new reg/rec....surprise surprise....lol
                      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                        a new reg/rec....surprise surprise....lol
                        Cant believe ya don't have a couple in stock Calculated surprises !

My un-calculated (?) EZ suprises....

1 - Twisted crank
                        2 - Clutch basket. Grooves from the steels and stripped aluminum basket nut.
                        3 - Small crank end nut. It came loose and ate up the taper where the start clutch mounts.
                        4 - Warning light module. I'm on my 4th unit. still wanky !
                        5 - I'm on my 3rd RR
                        6 - Speed instability. Not a wobble but more like a weave. Very unnerving.
                        7 - Carbs need orings.

Kudos on a very nice resto Trev !!

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I saw a pic of the forks off. Did they come apart ? Still got the anti-dive ? Me too.
                          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                            I saw a pic of the forks off. Did they come apart ? Still got the anti-dive ? Me too.
                            Took them off to check the springs and discovered progressives so changed the fork oil and put back together. Decided to keep the anti dives this time and added ss lines
                            No signature

Comment

Looks gorgeous.
                              1986 1150EF
                              2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Super nice bike. Hope you're riding and enjoying it. Love my EZ
                                1982 GS1100EZ, second owner, 11,000 miles
                                2000 XR650R, plated

Comment

Working...
                                X