Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spoiler Alert: MotoGP (or any other race) thread for immediate disscussion of races.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more major manufacturer pulls out of MotoGP, and that will kill it. Yamaha pulls out, then it becomes an Italian bike racing organization. I am a Suzuki fan, and I was happy to know Rinns held on the lead to whole race. Not covering showed a distinct problem with the coverage. I can see why Suzuki pulled out, the returns aren't reflected in bike sales, or return on the investment. A toned down street version of that bike would be exactly what Suzuki needs, and would really make WorldSBK perk up. Not enough coverage on my Dish Network of WorldSBK.

Comment

More interesting than last year's test day because:
      Mark Marquez dissapointed with Honda, while little brother Alex loves his new Ducati.
      Olivera Loves his new Aprilla, same with 2nd fastest rider of the day Vinales.
      Quartararo rode the most laps, looking for something more.

Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 11-10-2022, 07:33 AM.
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Great video clip! Rinns and Mir with Honda. I wonder how Yamaha's new engine will work, they really needed another 10 HP minimum. They have the rider.

Well Dish Network, where I live, is finally covering WorldSBK again! Fun to watch street bikes racing.
        Last edited by Suzukian; 11-17-2022, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Well, the 2023 season started this weekend.
          Was great to see the sprint race on Saturday, after the qualifying. Adds a bit more excitement to the proceedings and gives the fans a good show.

As for the main race...... bit of a procession but some good battles mid field to spice it up a bit.
          Surprised to see Quatararo way down the expected order, and some unexpected riders up near the front.

Then there was Marquez, out to spoil the party AGAIN!
          Not even 3 laps done and he tries to demolish the riders in front of him by making a dangerous and completely unjustified dive up the inside just to gain a place, with no consideration of the safety of himself and other riders.
          Its about time someone woke up and banned this menace from any motorcycle racing before he seriously injures someone, or worse......

Home hero Miguel Oliveira couldn't see it coming! Marc Marquez clipped Jorge Martin and wiped the RNF rider out of contention ⚠️ The HRC rider has been giv...
          1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

I used to hate Marquez, but not anymore. That incident, well looks like Nakagami's crash into Rinns last season. Maybe it's the Honda, I think it is.
            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

Marquez has always been a super aggressive rider, but he clearly f***'ed up today, and caused some injuries. I suspect he will be given a penalty for the next round. Maybe start at the back of the pack? That would be fitting, I think.
              Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Marquez has been given a double long lap penalty to be taken at the next race he participates in, which wont be next week as he has broken the first metacarpel in his right hand during the incident.

Good news is Miguel Oliveira has been released from hospital but declared unfit to race next week.
                Last edited by Agemax; 03-27-2023, 02:51 PM.
                1978 GS1085.

Comment

That crash was ridiculous over aggression. He said his front wheel locked up, then when he released, the bike lurched forward, this is how motorcycles work when you got into turns to fast and try to recover, in a pack, you take others down with you. At least he admits it was his fault, but he had to, it was his fault. Honda has been so lame!

Comment

It's not amateur racing…

Comment

He was on a hard compound tire, so if it did "lock up" like he says in the early laps, then his momentum would still be going forward instead of braking.

In real time it looked like d!ck move inside pass.
                      GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

I don't watch a lot of this stuff. I should. It's very exciting. Marquez seems appropriately contrite. But damn, he hit Oliveira hard.

Rich
                        1982 GS 750TZ
                        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Looks like he did just what Bubba Wallace did in Nascar, went in a turn waaay faster than he should have and ran into the one on the outside. No doubt, he and Bubba both should have backed off sooner.... Just my opinion.
                          1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

UPDATE; Miguel Oliveira has now been declared unfit to race next weekend.
                            1978 GS1085.

Comment

Something new, short post race videos of podium winners.
                              I keep following Alex Rins, after Suzuki…
                              PS: Marini is the maternal half/bro of Rossi.

Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 04-18-2023, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Race 2 superbikes Road Atlanta. Worth a watch. There's a highlighted version, but this race was so exciting all the way thru.

Medallia Superbike race one showed that this could be MotoAmerica's greatest season yet for America's premier motorcycle road racing class, and Sunday's week...
                                GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Working...
                                X