No announcement yet.

Checking fork seals/fluid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, what rate on the Sonic springs is most likely the best for a 200 lb guy that rarely carries a passenger, except for that Vetter fellow up front? I keep my fuel tank topped up also.

Comment

Originally posted by wymple View Post
      So, what rate on the Sonic springs is most likely the best for a 200 lb guy that rarely carries a passenger, except for that Vetter fellow up front? I keep my fuel tank topped up also.
      For that 850 I'd go with the 1.0s.
      '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Hey Rich .
        Do you carry springs for the 78 GS 1000C ,I looked on your site and the GS 1000C was not listed.

Thanks Much...

Comment

The regular GS1000 springs work fine on that bike.
          '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Originally posted by RichDesmond View Post
            While I definitely appreciate the support and the kind words for Sonic Springs, I'm mostly here as a GS guy rather than for business reasons.
            And I, for one, appreciate the subtlty of merely having your company's link in your sig.

Even a simple "Yes, I can provide what you need" would not be out of line, in my book, and the general suspension tips are always appreciated.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Thanks for the clarification about the fork oil guys, seems much easier to just buy good quality oil rather than trying to make some wizard potion mix

Comment

Change the fluid if it looks like this...

Comment

I'm going to have to replace the fork seals on my GS750E including the wipers, will I have to completly disassemble the forks and replace the DU bushings just for the seals?

Comment

Jbird, check this link out on Basscliff's site - http://members.dslextreme.com/users/...nt_GS850GT.pdf; it was written for his 850 but the procedure is the same for you.
                    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by jbird7262 View Post
                      I'm going to have to replace the fork seals on my GS750E including the wipers, will I have to completly disassemble the forks and replace the DU bushings just for the seals?
                      I agree you should check out the PDF listed above.

To quickly answer your question though, it depends.
                      I left my bushings in when replacing my seals... but because they were in good shape.

If yours look bad, (scratches, gouges, noticeable wear) then yeah, you should replace them.

They'll come out anyway, so have a good look at them. See if the coating is damaged.

Comment

Are the retaining clips a part that is available through Suzuki dealers or online?

Comment

Check the fiche at any supplier, like Parts Outlaw, to verify it - http://www.partsoutlaw.com/oemparts/...torcycle/parts
                          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

You can also grab them from babbits.

Shop online for OEM Front Lh Dumper parts that fit your 1982 Suzuki GS750E, search all our OEM Parts or call at (231)737-4542

Comment

Working...
                            X