Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
    Me; Up above the clouds.

Also... this not a submission but I grabbed this pic on this trip.

This is why I live to ride... You don't capture views like that stuck in a cage...
    That was taken while riding the good Harley you had, right?
    The BRP sure does present some nice photo ops on the bike especially in the morning!!

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
      Not that it matters for a photo contest; but Where Is That ? ! ? BRP ? . . . . Shenandoah ?
      Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
        That was taken while riding the good Harley you had, right?
        The BRP sure does present some nice photo ops on the bike especially in the morning!!
        HAHA Yeah the good one that sprained my hip and was causing premature joint damage and arthritis... 33 Years old... I gave the brand a fair go...
        I love riding the BRP first thing on a week day... You got the road to yourself!
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Tomorrow (Friday, Pacific time) is vote day.

Vote Friday for your favorite picture based this week's theme-subject of "What's Up?" (relative to things that can seen overhead).

Pictures for this week start on post #462.
          Last edited by Redman; 04-26-2018, 09:09 PM. Reason: start on 492

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Sorry I missed the theme. My heart rate was up though. Does that count?
            The goal of life isn't to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body. It's to slide in sideways, screaming and yelling "Hell yeah! What a ride"!

Comment

Friday. Voting Day.

Roger Burque prefaced his "Whats Up" with this statement......One of my favorite things about riding is not having a roof over my head. There is as much to see above as there is around us.
              Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
              WHAT'S UP?
              Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
              ]]
              Originally posted by gustovh View Post
              Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
              I..
              Originally posted by trevor View Post

Originally posted by Redman View Post

Originally posted by MechMessiah View Post
              Last edited by Redman; 04-27-2018, 06:38 AM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

.... and 5 more.....

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                /r
                Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                r
                Originally posted by Steve View Post
                Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                Originally posted by ChrisM View Post
                For a total of 13.

If I have missed any, it was inadvertent (let me know).
                Last edited by Redman; 04-27-2018, 06:58 AM.

Comment

I Have to say I love the lines of DB's this week.

My Vote is cast for Glen's. Nice shot brotha!
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Will vote later. Just a comment now.

What's up?.... a bird? a plane? ...no it's a solo balloonist ....
                    Hey, that looks like a balloon went all the way from Roger Burque's picture over to Lurch's picture in New Hampshire.

"Ehh, What's Up, Doc?"

"Ehh, Mustaa made a wrong turn in Albuquerque!"

Comment

Again, tough choices this week, but I have to go with Redman's.

Nice sunset, back lit bike, and seagulls...Love it.
                      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Another for Redman. I love the sunset and how the sun is highlighting the top lines of the bike.
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

The photos that really got my interest this week are Burque, Lurch, mine, DB & Steve. These pictures are interesting and really show something (or things) that is up overhead.

Burque's Platoon Of Balloons (my name) is great for how the balloons are back-lit, with sun seemingly shining thru them. And just the number and expanse of all of them. And he captured all them before they dispersed. Looks like maybe he used the stop sign as something as a partial block of the direct sun.

Lurch's Solo Balloon is nicely composed with the road, the field, and the balloon overhead lined up with the bike. The open field and line of trees sure provided for an uncluttered view of the main elements of the photo. I suspect he saw the balloon, then looked for a good scene for the photo, and certainly found one.

My Sunset Beach with Gulls picture has a lot of interesting elements, with a minimum of distractions, and the gulls are interesting in that they are all in different positions.
                          With all the gulls in all different positions, can imagine the movement and the commotion as they went thru (or maybe only I can, since I was there to experience it) .
                          And the scene is a difficult exposure situation (as are most sunset pictures).
                          And in addition to the gulls, there is the sail ship in the sunset shimmer. The only distraction is the snow fencing, but that is minimal.
                          THose gulls do look to be Up THere.

DB's Flags on the Coaster ride is interesting for how the structure and flags are against the backdrop of the overcast sky, with the structure so well defined. And the flags are all in a direction that looks good in the photo.

Steve's Bridge Way Overhead. The picture really shows how large the bridge is, and how high up it is. When looking at the picture I almost want to step back and tilt head back.

Trevor's WesCooley WesCooley Looking Up With Dark Glasses does document a significant event.

Two or three of those are real close, For the most interesting photo that meets the criteria and is a good photo; I keep coming back to mine for all the interesting elements, lack of distraction, capture of the motion overhead and difficult exposure situation.
                          And since it is not unprecedented to vote for own photo, I will vote for Redman.
                          Last edited by Redman; 04-27-2018, 01:02 PM. Reason: (or maybe only I can)

Comment

I vote for Dorkburger 👍
                            mainly because I want to see what he comes up with for the next pic-of-the- week.
                            My Motorcycles:
                            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                            79 1000e (all original)
                            82 850g (all original)
                            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Ha, thanks Norm. I may soon be running short on material though. I'm finding that pictures I thought I had are missing and / or scattered over different mediums - Phone for the last few years, digital camera before that, then prints. Looking thru prints always turns into a winding road down memory lane.
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Dave, I think you missed your calling as a visual arts analyst. LOL! The way you put into words what grabs your attention in some of these photographs amazes me. Surely a blind person could enjoy this game and vote based on your description of the image.

I'm having a tough time deciding between DB's coaster shot, Jedz's deadly hip twisting Harley up above the clouds, Steve's cool bridge above the bikes and Redman Dave's flock of seagulls.

I've been watching the Lemony Snicket series on Netflix and the coaster pic has that element of gloom, similar to the Snicket program, that just makes me feel good for some reason.

Jedz I think nailed the essence of enjoying the view that we are deprived of when we're "stuck in a cage".

I'm out of time for the morning to share any more thoughts but am going with Redman Dave this week.
                                Roger

Current rides
                                1983 GS 850G
                                2003 FJR 1300A
                                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Working...
                                X