• This forum allows conversation on non-controversial topics, therefore no politics or religion. "The Campfire" is an area meant for casual, civil discussions. Deliberate anti-social activity including personal insults, profanity, pornography, racism, threats and purposely inflammatory posts may result in suspension of forum access or possibly a permanent ban from GSR.

    The words insight and incite are pronounced the same. But one of them will get you banned and the other will not. Before hitting the Submit button be certain which of the two better describes your post.

  • Required reading for all forum users!!!

    Welcome!
    Register to access the full functionality of the GSResources forum. Until you register and activate your account you will not have full forum access, nor will you be able to post or reply to messages.

    A note to new registrants...
    All new forum registrations must be activated via email before you have full access to the forum.

    A Special Note about Email accounts!
    DO NOT SIGN UP USING hotmail, outlook, gmx, sbcglobal, att, bellsouth or email.com. They delete our forum signup emails.

    A note to old forum members...
    I receive numerous requests from people who can no longer log in because their accounts were deleted. As mentioned in the forum FAQ, user accounts are deleted if you haven't logged in for the past 6 months. If you can't log in, then create a new forum account. If you don't get an error message, then check your email account for an activation message. If you get a message stating that the email address is already in use, then your account still exists so follow the instructions in the forum FAQ for resetting your password.

    Have you forgotten your password or have a new email address? Then read the forum FAQ for details on how to reset it.

    Any email requests for "can't log in anymore" problems or "lost my password" problems will be deleted. Read the forum FAQ and follow the instructions there - that's what we have one for...

  • Returning Visitors

    If you are a returning visitor who never received your confirmation email, then odds are your email provider is blockinig emails from our server. The only thing that can be done to get around this is you will have to try creating another forum account using an email address from another domain.

    If you are a returning visitor to the forum and can't log in using your old forum name and password but used to be able to then chances are your account is deleted. Purges of the databases are done regularly. You will have to create a new forum account and you should be all set.

A Soul Singer With A Twist

"The arts ard what separates us from the animals, or something close to that" - Some old dead white guy
 
A few emotional responses .... That's good .... Ai is not only opening some doors it's creating doors to open . Legally artists cannot " copyright " their voices so they go a different route " trademarking " their voice . There are one Hell of a lot of protest videos out there using some algorithm to knock off Neil Young's voice .... I don't know what combination of voices was used to create Jada but I do detect a little Aretha in there somewhere ...... Ai is going to bring questions to define just exactly what art is ..... Personally I don't think it's an answerable question .... But just for giggles ......Who is the artist ? .....Some guy in the Campbell's soup advertising department or Andy Warhol ? ....
 
Who the he!! would want to replicate Neil Young's Voice?🤮
Sorry, not sorry, to any fans of his singing. I am not. (the guy can write a good song, though)
 
Who the he!! would want to replicate Neil Young's Voice?🤮
Sorry, not sorry, to any fans of his singing. I am not. (the guy can write a good song, though)
Actually I used the wrong artist . The voice " simulated " in the protest videos is Gordon Lightfoot .... Sorry about that ...,.
 
I value the human experience, for me art at the minimum needs human suffering, suffering as in; it took effort to create. I don't care for all art, I don't care for a banana taped to the wall, I care even less for phaux art created by AI.

Food is a rich and diverse world where each ingredient, each meal can be enjoyed or disliked by each individual human being. You take all the meals in the world and combine them together, you'll get a nasty looking paste that tastes like shit, that's what AI is going to do for us when it comes to art. Look at what increased global communication has done for us (news, internet, social media, etc.), it has improved certain things for us if you care for statistics and other numbers, but for the human it has created an angsty world full of doubt, fear, anger and purposelessness. We have a loneliness epidemic, suicide numbers only go up, teenagers only see a bleak future with the world on fire, depression and mental illness is rising. We are not made (evolved) to know all the misery in the world, it makes us sick.

AI is going to take the above and make it 10 times worse. You give people Naitflix with a magical button that conjures up the perfect TV series perfectly suited and dynamically adjusted to your taste (so called "art") and they will find even less reason to go outside, to smell air, to talk to other people, to have children, to find a lover, or (my god the horror) take the risk of even touching a motorcycle and understand how that feels. This goes for music, paintings, movies, series, books, you name it, I am shit scared for the future if this is it, we will freely plug ourselves into the matrix and choose mindless consumption of "the most perfect art" over real world experiences, to be in the dirt, to fail, to have pain, to bear children, to live.

I am being very dramatic here, I know, but this is what is see AI leading to, and most people will just gobble this up like mindless sheep, so I resist, I want the authentic real human experience, I want to be in the dirt. You understand most young people will never ride a motorbike, or even get close to understanding what that experience is like because those are perceived as death machines from a time long gone? They sit inside doom scrolling on their phones (lots of older people too for that matter) sending messages to fake friends instead of meeting in real life. Just look at the statistics: the youth is not going outside, they have less friends, are less social, have way more anxiety, have less sex, less children (those last two might be related), and less interactions than ever measured before. AI is a MAJOR instigator in only making this worse, way, way worse.

I don't believe in skynet killing us off in 10 years, but I do see a slow collapse of society because we forget how to be human.
 
Back
Top