J
Jd Powell
Guest
any one ever convert a 1000 or 1100 to kickstart? do the 1000 /1100 cases even have the machining for the kicker?
Required reading for all forum users!!!
Welcome!
Register to access the full functionality of the GSResources forum. Until you register and activate your account you will not have full forum access, nor will you be able to post or reply to messages.
A note to new registrants...
All new forum registrations must be activated via email before you have full access to the forum.
A Special Note about Email accounts!
DO NOT SIGN UP USING hotmail, outlook, gmx, sbcglobal, att, bellsouth or email.com. They delete our forum signup emails.
A note to old forum members...
I receive numerous requests from people who can no longer log in because their accounts were deleted. As mentioned in the forum FAQ, user accounts are deleted if you haven't logged in for the past 6 months. If you can't log in, then create a new forum account. If you don't get an error message, then check your email account for an activation message. If you get a message stating that the email address is already in use, then your account still exists so follow the instructions in the forum FAQ for resetting your password.
Have you forgotten your password or have a new email address? Then read the forum FAQ for details on how to reset it.
Any email requests for "can't log in anymore" problems or "lost my password" problems will be deleted. Read the forum FAQ and follow the instructions there - that's what we have one for...
If you are a returning visitor who never received your confirmation email, then odds are your email provider is blockinig emails from our server. The only thing that can be done to get around this is you will have to try creating another forum account using an email address from another domain.
If you are a returning visitor to the forum and can't log in using your old forum name and password but used to be able to then chances are your account is deleted. Purges of the databases are done regularly. You will have to create a new forum account and you should be all set.
nice, I belive more research is in order. but it looks like we are dealing with quite similar powerplant. I'll see what else I can find out.
i can't imagine it would be very easy to kick start a 1000cc bike
I can't imagine why anyone would want to kickstart a bike with a four-cylinder liter engine. To each his own, I guess...:-s
Dead battery?
My father-in-law has a first gen 750 with a kickstart and when he gets a dead battery kicking it over is much easier than jumping it or bumping it. Starts easy-as-pie with the kicker, too.
You say, "when he gets a dead battery..." That means your father-in-law gets dead batteries fairly often. That's inexcusable.
Mine started easy with a bump the day my clutch switch was bad.
He takes reasonably good care of his motorcycles, but has a questionable battery at the moment. Honestly I'm pretty sure the sky won't fall because of it, but perhaps. He's been warned about the strain it's putting on his charging system, and I'm sure it'll be replaced soon.
Occasional dead batteries are a reality for any vehicle. When it happens, a kick start is handy.
Plus I must admit hopping on a bike and giving it a good kick is quite gratifying. I've always wished my GSs had kickers. Some day I'd like to build a cafe racer minus electric start so it has to be kicked each and every time. It's a novelty. As you said, to each his own.