Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CMS - avoid this company.

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know about a firm based in The Netherlands called CMS, their website is www.cmsnl.com

This probably won't affect anyone based in the US, but any european based GS 'ers should be aware just how useless this company is.

I ordered some parts online for my GS on 2nd December, their website advised shipping would occur within 5 days from date of order.

Now it's 13th December so I logged back into the website to try and get a tracking number so I can see where my parts have got to.

According to my order status, my parts are actually due to ship on 2nd January, but even that is not guaranteed.

I have cancelled my order and will be going elsewhere. If I had been given an indication of this excessive lead time in the beginning I would never have ordered them in the first place.

Beware fellow GS 'ers.

More than likely they, like the purveyors of Genuine Suzuki Parts in this country, are at the whims of Suzuki. If the factory cannot supply the parts in a timely fashion, neither can CSMI.
    De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

CMSNL can be a bit slow (and expensive) on delivery but they do come up with the goods.

Have you tried Robinsons?
      79 GS1000S
      79 GS1000S (another one)
      80 GSX750
      80 GS550
      80 CB650 cafe racer
      75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
      75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

GS850 Bobber whilst you are waiting pop along to here:

and make yourself a member of the UK GSers group.

We might even meet up one day.

Greetings

P.S. Let us know where you go as an alternative. I have to order £100s of parts pretty soon.
        Richard
        sigpic
        GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
        GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
        GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
        GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
        Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
        Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

That surprises me a little, as I've had nothing but good service from CMS.

As Hampshirehog mentioned, Robinsons are a reputable dealer. I can also recommend Crooks Suzuki. Although they don't have a 'point-and-click website', they do have a wealth of knowledge and experience, and they know what customer service means.
          1980 GS550ET

Comment

Thanks guys, totally understand their supply chain issues, but they gave the impresison they were in stock and ready to ship, which they aren't.

I will try Robinsons and Crooks, it's only a matter of time before one of the dogs knocks the GS off it's very precarious jack, so the quicker I finish rebuilding the front end and drop it onto it's wheels the better!

Will join the UK GS Group now.

Comment

Update - CMS's "customer service" is absolutely shocking, having realised that they have no stock, and no guarantee when they will have stock, I politely asked for a refund so I can look elsewhere. Now I've got some tw*t emailing me about my order who could not be more unhelpful, sarcastic and generally unprofessional. As far as I am concerned they should never have taken the money off my card if they were not in a position to supply me any time soon, and it should have been made clear at point of order that they were out of stock. Truly awful company, wish I had never had the misfortune to stumble across their website, am so glad you guys pointed me in the direction of Robinsons.

Comment

That's pretty much standard procedure for all types of businesses now. Get the money from you not even looking if the parts are available or in inventory. They ring it up as a sale. Then they wait for enough other orders to pile in to make a call to their provider. Happens in bike places, car places and more I'm sure. And if you were first in line when the order is started, well you got the longest wait. Delivering actual parts is then "beyond us, its the supplier"
                1983 GS1100E

Comment

Go thru a dealer on Monday morning and ask them what day(s) of the week they call in their orders. They take orders for a few days and make a complied list and have dedicated order days. This makes sense as far as their shipping cost for 1 bulk package VS 20 different little packages.
                  MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                  1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by 6pkrunner View Post
                    That's pretty much standard procedure for all types of businesses now. Get the money from you not even looking if the parts are available or in inventory. They ring it up as a sale. Then they wait for enough other orders to pile in to make a call to their provider. Happens in bike places, car places and more I'm sure. And if you were first in line when the order is started, well you got the longest wait. Delivering actual parts is then "beyond us, its the supplier"
                    If a company tells you up front, it's not so bad. But FAR too many companies 'suggest' they have the product when they don't. Most of the companies selling OEM parts do a crappy job of telling you what is even still available. There's nothing worse than ordering a bunch of rebuild parts, and you get shipped all the minor stuff and then told the main parts are discontinued... At this point you are stuck unable to do the rebuild, you have a bunch of parts you can't return (or if you do you are hammered with restocking fees), and a long wait to get a refund on the discontinued parts.

We hear this all the time from people frustrated ordering from these companies.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                      Go thru a dealer on Monday morning and ask them what day(s) of the week they call in their orders. They take orders for a few days and make a complied list and have dedicated order days. This makes sense as far as their shipping cost for 1 bulk package VS 20 different little packages.
                      My local Suzuki dealer used to place an order once a week.
                      This was Suzuki Canada's policy. It is such an old fashioned thing. He would call them in long distance.

Comment

Most dealerships still follow the same policy to this day...be it THIER policy or what the manufacturers rules are...which seem kinda crazy for the manufacturers themselves to still have such an antiquated formula.
                        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Exactly why I order Suzuki bits where I do -- they're a dealer that places orders with Suzuki daily. They're closed on Mondays, but when I place an order, I know that it will be placed with Suzuki the same or next day Tue-Fri.

Pre-paying for ordered parts is normal, and truthfully, it's also common for Suzuki to have issues supplying rare older parts. In addition, CMS likely has gotten NO info from Suzuki, and are in the position of waiting to see what happens while holding on to your money. They can't cancel the order and get their money back until Suzuki either sends parts or admits they don't exist -- essentially, they've also sent money to Suzuki, so they probably can't send your money back until they also get it back from Suzuki.

Still, there's no need for them to be unprofessional about it.
                          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
                            Still, there's no need for them to be unprofessional about it.
                            We have only his word that these people are generally unhelpful, unprofessional and what was it? sarcastic twits about it? I suspect the purchaser wants a refund on an order CMS has placed with the manufacturer that they, more likely than not, are unable to cancel unless it is a B/O state at the manufacturer.

Trust me, there are two side of each coin and as a rule of thumb, the ones going over board bad mouthing someone generally generally carry a good portion of the blame.

Article 6 - Delivery and execution

6.1 The delivery address will be the address provided to CMS by the Consumer.

6.2 Subject to availability of scarce and/or rare products with suppliers and the delivery country, CMS shall deliver the order as soon as possible, but no later than within 30 days of receiving the order, unless a longer delivery period has been agreed upon. If it is not possible to deliver the order (or part thereof) during this period because an item is temporarily out of stock or it is delivered to CMS with delay, the Consumer shall be informed of this no later than one month from the order being placed and it shall be entitled to cancel the order free of charge. In the event of cancellation, CMS shall return the payment made by the Consumer as soon as possible, but by no later than 30 days from said cancellation.

Originally posted by GS850bobber View Post
                            I ordered some parts online for my GS on 2nd December, their website advised shipping would occur within 5 days from date of order.

Other general info:

We usually ship within 1 to 5 business days. Depending on the distance from CMS (The Netherlands), the transportation time varies.

We offer a great variety of products that may have to be ordered from overseas suppliers which sometimes results in slight delays.
                            Last edited by rustybronco; 12-14-2012, 09:58 PM.
                            De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Working...
                            X