No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today got back to doing some work on the 750. Started stripping, filling and sanding the fairing lowers so when the weather warms up again I can get them painted. Then it'll be pretty much finished. Not that they're ever really finished, there's always something else to do.
    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Today I got the bike ramp my friends and I built from my buddy up in Fletcher VT, it was about 4.5 hours round trip and I had to wrench the tow straps to get it to stay, crazy wind coming down from Canada today. Now I have the ramp!!! Now it's time to use it again to load up[ the Bandit 1200 this Saturday!!!

I love this little cage, it frickin' is a great little hauler and gets better gas then most of my bikes... It also has less HP then most of my bikes too...

SO EXCITED TO GET MY GSF1200 BACK!!! Picking it up from Lurch in 33 hours!!
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Filled the tank with evapo-rust. Sanded to 320 grit on the outside. Debating between paint and powdercoat.

Comment

Bike-related: rescued three shelving units that were doing ad-hoc duties as non-shelving bits and scrubbed the rust off, ready for prep and paint over the weekend. The bike-related part is, these will be used for storing bike spares.
          ---- Dave
          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Today I decided to wash the dust off and change the oil to my ole GS's.

I think they came out okay, a little spit an polish and they'll look adequate for riders. I hope these photos come out.
            I do believe they will belong to someone else soon.

sigpic
            Steve
            "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Sedelen, are you getting out the GS game?
              "okay" and "adequate" are not the words i was thinking. haha.
              A couple of beauties.
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Steve, surely you jest....I would be proud to own either one. In fact they are probably too​ nice for me.
                Last edited by dorkburger; 03-20-2015, 09:08 PM.
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                  Sedelen, are you getting out the GS game?
                  "okay" and "adequate" are not the words i was thinking. haha.
                  A couple of beauties.
                  Until I get rid of the bikes, I'm still in the game. But I do plan on getting out of the game,

I have plans that won't allow me to keep them, so.............. and after two recent close calls, it hastened my decision.

Perhaps in Colombia, South America I'll get me a one lunger crotch rocket, there's a zillion bikes down there, they are everywhere,
                  in every nook and cranny, stairwells, houses, wherever they can be parked, even is some restaurants I've seen.

Perhaps something like this,

or this,

Maybe even something that has 4 legs!

Then there's always the two legged variety, should you want.
                  sigpic
                  Steve

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                    Steve, surely you jest....I would be proud to own either one. In fact they are probably too​ nice for me.
                    Thanks for the compliment! I am a jester! but I'm not jesting!
                    I will sorely miss them, but there's always photographs!
                    sigpic
                    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by sedelen View Post
                      Thanks for the compliment! I am a jester! but I'm not jesting!
                      I will sorely miss them, but there's always photographs!
                      I was referring to the "looks adequate" part of the comment....I figured that you were planning your escape from Florida when you hinted at selling them. I hope the bikes, and more importantly you, find a good home. Keep us posted.
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Finished the duct work in my son's basement for a new heating system. Venting it next.

V
                        Gustov
                        80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                        81 GS 1000 G
                        79 GS 850 G
                        81 GS 850 L
                        83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                        80 GS 550 L
                        86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                        2002 Honda 919
                        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Was trying to figure out how to fab up a battery/electronics tray to move my components up against the bottom of my cafe seat. I hit upon what might be a great, lightweight solution. I found an old, obsolete computer power supply. I pulled all the guts out of it. It seems smallish, but I can install my rectifier on the outside for better cooling. Hopefully, it will fit my lithium battery and the rest of my junk from under the side-cover. Then I can do away with the stock battery box, air-box, and side-covers.

Comment

Battery/electronics tray mock up.
                            2015-03-21 11.11.52.jpg

Comment

new damper went on today

Comment

It fits! Need a longer neg cable tho. Except for the Dyna III ignition module, the electronics and battery are all in the little box right below the seat.
                                2015-03-21 15.45.37.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X