what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by azr View Post
    Finally got around to throwing on my new rubber Tarozzi rearsets that replace my machined aluminum ones

I'm not sure which is better, the new rearsets or the place I have to work on them.

Those rear-sets look high class!
    Me, I like my 1100G sporty and the pegs moved back a couple inches would be good, but raised would be cramped.
    Your shed looks good, not much long term freezing there?
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
      Those rear-sets look high class!
      Me, I like my 1100G sporty and the pegs moved back a couple inches would be good, but raised would be cramped.
      Your shed looks good, not much long term freezing there?
      Lol...what's freezing?
      No signature

Comment

AM is the time before lunch, right?

Comment

Nice new shed Rob - good work!

Comment

Got the "McNighthawk" disassembled last night.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
              Lol...what's freezing?
              Must be the Canadian Florida…ha
              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

30 is fricking HOT in Kanada...
                sigpic
                09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                1983 GS1100e
                82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                1980 GS1260
                Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Have not seen snow in over two years now...
                  No signature

Comment

Last Sunday I removed the carbs, exhaust, head cover and cylinder head, followed closely by the valves and guide seals, which will be replaced (they're original). The head came off with only two light taps with my rubber mallet. The original head gasket looks brand new and came off in one piece with no residue whatsoever; I was pleased to say the least. The valves and combustion chambers need some serious cleaning but all else looks good. I hope to get it back together over the next couple of weeks but time will be at a premium with my son's hockey playoffs taking up most weekends.

Cheers!
                    K

Comment

Swapped out bars on my 83 1100 today. I swapped the original bars a couple of years ago but was never happy with the bars...so I ordered some new bars that are more Euro I guess...I took measurements off my other bikes that I was happy with...

Oh yeah..and I took off the fairing...much better...imo..

No signature

Comment

Those are nice. I bought a set of clubman bars for the McNighthawk, but wife will probably want a set of less severe handle bars...

The explody continues:

Its the "discovery phase" of the build where you find all of the things the PO "forgot" to mention...

Comment

Not much wrenching...just did an oil change on the 750, got around to washing the DR...and cleaned up the 81....and cleaned up the garage too...a good day.

All put away for the night...

No signature

Comment

The motorbike gods smiled on me today, sold the GS1100 for $2250 this week and when to the Vintage Motorcycle swap meet here in Perth and found a almost full set of valve shims in the blue Suzuki box, with the spanner and a spare GS850 airbox in good condition. All for $120, and I wandered up a few stalls and found a spare head for the B33 BSA, in ok condition for $50. I roamed around and saw a few project bikes, like a trailer load of Puch scooters for $600, a 1976 KZ900 restored for $14,000, and a heap of farm dirt bikes loving rusted away and rescued from barns.
                            The GS1100 sold to fellow over in SA, looks to be a GS forum member as well.
                            Last edited by Guest; 03-20-2016, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Is this the one sebastionbear purchased? Nice looking bike.

Larry
                              Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                              '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                              '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                              '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                              '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Yeap, he's coming over in a few weeks. Pretty straight bike and I was asked today if it was still for sale, at the swapmeet there a few people interested in the club wanting to look at it as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X