No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The starter stopped working the other day on the XJ. I wound up pulling the starter off and taking it apart. A few years of buildup to clean out on the Rick's rebuilt starter, brushes looked good and when all spotless and put it all back together. Good as new and back on the road. Easy job when all the internals are still in good shape. I wish all jobs were this easy and cost nothing except a little time.

Comment

Laying on the garage floor.....my back is halfway out again.....replacing the starter solenoid.
      Good times.....good times

Comment

Installed a brandy new windshield... Man talk about night and day comfort, tested it out on a 50 mile jaunt. It's a quick disconnect too so I can take it off on those GSR meets when we grind those foot pegs in the twisites.

I also worked on the cage...
        The JDM Nismo grill finally came in from Japan!!!! Grill is for the same year (and same car) Japanese Nissan Skyline 370GT. Took a couple weeks to get here. The aftermarket support for this z cage is AWESOME!

Then I mowed my lawn... That sucked.
        Last edited by Jedz123; 05-26-2016, 08:28 AM.
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Put the forks that TKent02 sent me on the bike last night with the hope they won't start leaking on me like the other two sets I had did.

Just need to finish cleaning up the brakes and I hope to get it out for a ride today.
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Putting the screws back in my carb boots after balancing the carbs. As per usual burning my delicate hands on the motor and PLINK dropped one right down the mystery hole. At least my chronic hoarding of gs bits and bobs came in useful for once. Think the volvo needs some sort of relay so that's next. Jetta still has snow tires on it so I should probably do that too. Of course the parades blocking my driveway so I'm sitting here with my thumb up my ass for the time being.

Comment

Sorry Pres Carter, no more make believe

Ok, my speedo needed maintenance so I had to pry off the glass and collar.
              While I had access I twisted off the stop pin, and painted on additional MPH markers.
              Tested it this morning, works just fine.
              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                Ok, my speedo needed maintenance so I had to pry off the glass and collar.
                While I had access I twisted off the stop pin, and painted on additional MPH markers.
                Tested it this morning, works just fine.
                You sick bastard...... I love it.
                What bike is it?

Comment

Tanks! 82-1100G
                  "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                  1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                  1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                  1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

I've been diligently working on the 1000e to get it ready for the Rally next week. I took the forks apart to polish the fork lowers. Everything is back together with the new Sonic fork springs installed! Tonight, I'll install new wheel bearings and tires. When I'm done with this motorcycle, it will be a highway worthy machine able to ride anywhere. 👍
                    My Motorcycles:
                    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                    79 1000e (all original)
                    82 850g (all original)
                    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Tanks! 82-1100G
                      That's awesome! I did not know that was possible. Thankfully, mine already goes up to 140. Of course, I doubt my GK could come anywhere near that, nor would I want to try.....
                      Current Bikes:
                      2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Hey ddaniels, very nice work and i am impressed. Well, i also tried to touch 140 but could not. So i'll give one more try next time.

Comment

A beautiful day here in the Willamette Valley, and I spent the morning R&R fork springs. Received a replacement pair of Progressive springs care of Dallas Reagh in Sacto the other day and did the changeover this AM before it got too hot. Put Miss Bugly on her centerstand, pulled the fork caps, removed springs, drained old oil, compressed forks all the way and then went to the local bike store to get 10W fork oil and a few other items. Got back home and Miss Bugly was on her left side, weeping all her fluids and silently mocking me. She managed to tip forward off the centerstand and fall to the left. I managed to get her upright (not easy for this 62 year old) and with the help of a neighbor managed to get her back on the centerstand. My new clutch lever now has a nice scratch on the ball end, left turn signal scuffed and part of the fresh paint on the stator cover has been abraded off from the slow speed fallover onto concrete.

Good news, she runs fine, got the springs installed and am very happy with the results...of the springs, not the tip-over.

Going to do a short ride this evening when it cools off. Miss Bugly deserves it, and so do I.
                          1984 GS1150ES (finally arrived, more to come...)
                          1989 Dodge Dakota (the perfect Oregon work truck)
                          1980 Sears "Free Spirit" bicycle (original patina and everything!)
                          1978 "The Executive" RV (vintage like its owner)

How can I be in two places at once when i'm not anywhere at all?

Can I double park in a parallel universe?

Comment

Did not involve as wrench.... but,

Noticed that oil light had not been comming on lately when first turn on the key.
                            Then noticed that neither did the sidestand light, but sidestand light would come on if moved the sidestand.

Looked and saw that the oil pressure swtich wire was on the pressure switch.
                            So, got a jumper wire, puled off the connector, and jumperd it to ground.... got both lights.

Was going to get out the ohm meter to check the oil pressure swtich..... but first....
                            Cleaned up the connection some, put back together... and all worked.
                            Took about 2 minutes.

I thought how great it is to be so familiar with the bike (in this case I knew the electrical schematic and how it was suppose to work).
                            THat is why I still have the same old bikes for all these years.

SOmething like this happens on the 02 RT, and I am at a loss to do about anything.

Last edited by Redman; 06-04-2016, 10:20 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Installed a factory GR650 fog light to my GS650L. I converted the Fog light over to LED and it's much brighter... All in effort catch some more attention from the cagers...

Stock GR650 Fog light:

GR650 Fog light with the new LED conversion:

Yup there is some increased light output over the little halogen!

With a little finagling it went on pretty easily...

I'll give it a go tonight and see if it helps!
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                              Originally posted by Hayabuser
                              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

While I had access I twisted off the stop pin,
                                STOP PIN !!! No WONDER mine won't go over 85 ?!?!

Comment

Working...
                                X