No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gave the duck tail a sand and started trimming the excess off yesterday, still a way to go yet:

I haven't made it too small to get it to match the front of the stock duck tail either thankfully:

And got caliper paint on the caliper and other assorted carb bits etc:

1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Put in a new battery, tightened up the front brake lever, went the BMV--got the title and registration-- added the bike to my insurance and took my first ride on MY OWN bike in 10 years!

WHOO-HOOOOOO! (Pardon the joy--man, have I missed riding!)

Comment

Originally posted by oldrookie View Post
        Put in a new battery, tightened up the front brake lever, went the BMV--got the title and registration-- added the bike to my insurance and took my first ride on MY OWN bike in 10 years!

Do feel GOOD, don't it ! ! ! Congrats...

Comment

Awesome!!!! It will be 10 years for me in about February next year... I'm hoping to ride it by the end of this year

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
            Awesome!!!! It will be 10 years for me in about February next year... I'm hoping to ride it by the end of this year
            Thanks, Gents!

Pete, started working through your build thread. That is a great looking project. Will be following your progress (up to page 12, but cheated and went to the end.)

Comment

Thanks, Gents!

Pete, started working through your build thread. That is a great looking project. Will be following your progress (up to page 12, but cheated and went to the end.)
              Errr, yeah, there's a few pages to get through, pardon my rambling

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by frankinzuki
                Originally this bike took 10 days to build and 20 days to work out all the bugs. Well except for the reverse shift pattern problem, hope I will have resolved this situation soon. This bike i built from the frame up out of i believe 13 different parts bikes. I will post me pics when i figure out this site better.
                dang that thing is crazy man, good work!
                Originally posted by tkent02
                That's not a tree, that's a shrubbery. Now get to work on that old dirt bike
                John 3:16

Comment

I finally got around to takeing the good headers for the 78 1000c and the good mufflers and made one good set from the two. It went very well and they look pretty good once i ran them on the buffer wheel with some good rouge. I will post pics tomorrow or monday.
                  MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                  1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Fixed the fuel gauge today. It broke a year or two ago so I have been using the trip odometer for fuel stops. Last month the trip odometer broke. Yesterday I had to switch to reserve (while in traffic) b/c I had gone too far. Enough was enough, so I traced everything down and fixed it today. It is not accurate, never was, but it is better than nothing.

Comment

I removed the carburetor, air filter, and spark plug off that old Sears lawn tractor I told you about last year. I'll probably dip the carb soon and see if I can find a new plug and filter for it. Hopefully I can figure out a way to see if it runs here soon.
                      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Another Craiglist find just picked up today, 86 model, actually has the same stock blue paint that my 90 model has, and also the exact same mileage (23K). The 4 into 1 Kerker sounds awesome, my other has Supertrapps, now I'm not sure which one is better? I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this one, it feels a little faster than my 90, going to put a factory windshield on it, I may build a crazy custom out of it or something. Not sure yet. Enjoy!
                        Video:

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Pics:

Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
                        87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
                        99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
                        15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

This is part of what I am working on now. An original owner 16 valve GS1100L model top end rebuild. The owner's son has me doing a top end rebuild on his Dad's bike that hasn't been riden in 5 years to surprise him! Pretty good son I would say!!! I hot tanked the block & head & faced all the valves today. I am getting ready to hone the block & then start cleaning up all the rest of the carbon on head that the hot tanking didn't get out. I also have an 8 valve head to lap the valves on & get ready for reassembly to get shipped back to it's owner. BUSY weekend for me but this is my relaxation! Ray.

Comment

After finishing, and riding on the WS Rally last Friday , the '82 GS1200G project, I got back to working on the '63 Pan-head.

After hand grinding and polishing the pistons...

"File fit" the rings and hung the pistons (rear cylinder)...

Torqued the heads and trial fit a pushrod tube...

Daniel

Comment

With much appreciated help from bwringer and the koolaid kid, we changed a crankshaft seal on a '92 Nissan Maxima. As long as we were "in there" we also changed the timing belt and tensioner, water pump and all the belts. I could've done it alone, but, with the help of two fine GSR members we knocked it out in about 6 hours. It would've taken me two days to do it alone and it wouldn't have gone near as smoothly.

Thanks Guys !!!!!!!! Here's a picture of the car.

Larry D
                              1980 GS450S
                              1981 GS450S
                              2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Well, not sure I can really claim that I wrenched on it, but I did get my 450 back from Tranzac today, and I did use a wrench to tighten a bolt on the garage door... which is not really related... but... I have to share these pic's regardless

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X