This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
    Psssst, Bob. Yours is shorter than mine. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone. Whoops, did I text that out loud? Sorry, my bad.
    Pssst, Rick...that's GBW's bike and tag...not mine...

Mine is way bigger....
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Any hikers in BC, know whether you can get a bike near the covered walking bridge in Brandywine Falls ?
      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
        Pssst, Rick...that's GBW's bike and tag...not mine...

Mine is way bigger....
        Yeah sure, I know photoshop when I see it. If thats yours why are you using someone elses?
        GSRick
        No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
        Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
          Any hikers in BC, know whether you can get a bike near the covered walking bridge in Brandywine Falls ?
          Just cover your tag with some mud and crank it. Who's gonna catch ya, their hiking.
          GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02
            How about this:

Two separate threads, this one for those who would prefer thoughtful tags, quality photographs, and a realistic pace for those who actually have a life outside of this game, and a new separate thread for those ADD stricken children who need constant stimulation, where there is no emphasis on quality photography, no use for interesting tags, no thinking required at all, and a fast furious pace to keep even those with two year old mentalities occupied.
            Sound good?

Hahaha! That's a perfect solution!!!!
            '83 GS 1100T
            The Jet

sigpic
            '95 GSXR 750w
            The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Comment

You can play in the children's thread all you want.
                You're the one that seems to be bitching and whining the most here.

Comment

Ha! I found one! I'll get it when I head out for Bike Night in a couple of hours.
                  It is, apparently, about 28 miles away from me.
                  Then, I will double back for Bike Night, with the new tag of course.
                  I'll post later this evening after I get back from checking out all of the fair weather rider's bikes.
                  I'll post those pic's also if there are some cool ones.

Eric

Comment

Only when people try to change the rules to suit them.
                    Like non-Suzuki's on a Suzie forum?

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                      Like non-Suzuki's on a Suzie forum?

Eric
                      That's always been OK....
                      You're the one wants to change the rules to suit yourself...
                      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Sooooo.... is there a new tag?

Comment

Originally posted by Toasty View Post
                          Sooooo.... is there a new tag?
                          Yes there is. It's a covered bridge.
                          Last edited by gsrick; 05-23-2012, 10:49 PM.
                          GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

No, it hasn't been done yet. Read the articles, don't just look at the pretty naked girls. Some of them want world peace and a cure for slow game playing. lol
                            GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Tom, here's the hatchet. Use it as you will.

My complaint, is with makeing people wait to see what the new tag is, after the old tag has been met. Just like right now, you wanted to know what the new tag was and didn't like haveing to wait, because you thought someone was sitting on it. I don't really have a problem with waiting past 48 hrs to have a tag met, but it slows the game down a bit. All I want and it has been repeated by alot of players, is to have the next tag posted at the same time as the old one. I don't try to get every tag there is. I ride alot and can get them, that is all. I don't try to alienate anybody from playing. Go get the coverd bridge, but get the next tag on the same ride. You already have your camera with you, so it is easy. I'd hurry though, because Eric says he's on it. I've beaten someone before and recinded the tag, because someone posted a better version minutes later. I've been beaten by mere minutes after ridind a couple of hours to get atag that wasn't local. No big deal, I save it for later. If you get beat post the picture anyway so we can all see it, you just wont get to pick the new tag. We can get along, so lets get past this and just play. Truce?
                              In the Imortal words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along".
                              GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Tom, the rules you keep quoteing, are from the ADV tag-o-rama game, a game this is based on. gs road racer who started this game posted the rules of this game on the next page, just so you wouldn't be confused anymore. Here it is again, I'm done argueing with you, about this. You do this on the OT and you do it to newbies. You can't bullie me into submission, so just move on. I've tried to be the better man and even put out my hand, but I guess you not able to get it. Sorry, lifes to short for your needleing. Read the following and notice what is said at the bottom.

Originally posted by gs road racer View Post
                                OK to be clear the rules..Rules are easy...
                                1. Find a SIMILAR tag and reproduce the photo (as best as possible). Take the tag to a new location, get the photo and post it here.
                                2. Upon posting your new tag, the tagger is responsible for specifying what it is in the photo that must be reproduced. Be specific, but not so specific that no one else will be able to play because we couldn't find another pink school bus. Or choosing a new one for us to reproduce
                                  • Try to be generic so they can be found in other areas
                                3. The first person to post a found tag gets to place the next tag. If you get a tag, but somebody else posts their picture first, you lose.
                                4. One tag at a time within thread. File photos are NOT permitted. You gotta ride to play this game.
                                5. No whining There are plenty of folks here that will help you understand the rules
                                6. The holder of the tag determines if the tag has been duplicated and acknowledges it by posting on the thread. (Surrendering the Tag)
                                7. No Pre-Arranged Tag Handoffs / Linear Tag sequence
                                8. The motorcycle in the picture must get to the tag location under its own power (The vfr870 rule).
                                9. Last but not least, should the tag be soo ridiculous that no one is able to reproduce it, it can be voted down if a majority of the active participants feel necessary.
                                10. You don't have to say you're joining in but I think that adds to it we get to see who's out there playing!
                                Some ideas from a previous post certainly not limited to anything but your imaginationHere's some ideas of tags from the ADV site:
                                Water towers
                                power generation
                                creepy old industrial building
                                pier (close enough)
                                Urban sprawl
                                fire tower
                                watering holes
                                ice cream maker
                                observation post/one room school house
                                mile markers
                                Giant gnomes
                                community pools
                                wildlife
                                Lodge
                                museums
                                lawn art
                                Exotic animals
                                River crossing
                                Bandstands
                                Cabooses
                                Graffiti
                                cool old diner sign
                                Ambulance
                                tool booth photo by attendant
                                heavy equipment
                                moose crossing sign (if you get this with bike and a moose in the background we'll give an atta boy)
                                topiary
                                waterfalls
                                tunnels
                                rooftops
                                historical sites
                                police officer (a hot one even better not gender specific eh)

Ok Kent getoutthere!!!!!

PS have fun and ride safely it is just a game!!
                                Last edited by gsrick; 05-23-2012, 07:52 PM.
                                GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Working...
                                X