Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn! If I could pull off riding to work, I could get this one. I have been wanting to use it for a tag for years now...
    '83 GS 1100T
    The Jet

sigpic
    '95 GSXR 750w
    The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

I don't know why the larger picture keeps disappearing.
      IMG_20150713_155638_zpsqyk6c0ac.jpg
      1985 GSX750SF (BOTM March 2015)
      1986 GSX750SG (parts bike/project?)

Comment

Originally posted by odin1 View Post
        I don't know why the larger picture keeps disappearing.
        How are you posting the images? As attachments inserted from the message toolbar, or a link to a web-host?

I suspect the former may explain what you are seeing

EDIT- it does seem that you are using a web-host though, so maybe it is a privacy setting at the host level
        '83 GS650G
        '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Figured 'sod it', might as well get this tag! Found this turf farm about 40 minutes away from me.

For the next tag, how about a defunct gas station, seems like a fair tag because I keep seeing these things all over the place.

If you don't have a dead gas station available, how about a former gas station that has been 're-purposed'. This one is now a sheet metal shop.
          IBA# 12860
          Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
          1984 KZ1100R
          2008 Kawasaki KLR650
          2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Nice one, Glenn.

You even did it on the Cooley instead of the Connie. Warms the heart to know you still give the old beast some love
            '83 GS650G
            '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Still a fun bike to ride, but it has a very short range. Had to go on reserve after only 175 km's. Checked the gas mileage, 37mpg-Imperial or 30.75mpg-American. That's why I didn't take it to the PNW Rally, too many gas stops!
              IBA# 12860
              1984 KZ1100R
              2008 Kawasaki KLR650
              2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Originally posted by eddie21 View Post
                Still a fun bike to ride, but it has a very short range. Had to go on reserve after only 175 km's. Checked the gas mileage, 37mpg-Imperial or 30.75mpg-American. That's why I didn't take it to the PNW Rally, too many gas stops!
                Tune it up!

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                  Tune it up!
                  Again?!! Azr and I did a very comprehensive tune up on it. Installed Dyna ignition system, valve adjustment, cleaning of every electrical connection on the bike, new air box and carb boots. It was while Rob was working on the carbs that he discovered the PO had done some alterations in there with a drill bit. I can't remember the details, I'd ask Rob but he's too busy getting married or something. I'm pretty sure that is why the lousy gas mileage though...
                  IBA# 12860
                  1984 KZ1100R
                  2008 Kawasaki KLR650
                  2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Defunct gas station.

Next tag is a campground, since I like to pack the bikes up and camp. I usually go more for the remote, primitive campgrounds but this one was on my way.

The old GS650E is running like a champ!

Comment

This campground isn't the one I originally wanted to get but the traffic and heat were a lot to deal with today. I ended up also finding the gas station.

IMG_20150718_135101.jpg

Next tag is a golf course.

Comment

Thought I'd get the campground tag this morning only to find out it's now a golf course tag. Where ole where could I find one of those in Florida? There are 83 courses within a 20 mile radius of the center of Orlando. We have so many, that many of the older ones especially former exclusive country clubs have to open to public play and many of those still didn't survive. Rolling Hills in Longwood, built in 1926 is in beautiful rolling hills, but closed about two years ago, though I think the Club house is still used.

The neighborhood that is interwoven was trying to save it, but I don't think they succeeded.
                        I think it would be a good place to turn into a public park. Set up some running trails with workout stations, maybe a BMX course and Mountain bike trails, Frisbee golf, ect...
                        GSRick
                        No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                        Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Next tag

I thought I'd try something vintage for the next tag. Out at a small airport outside of the town of Apopka at the Apopka-Orlando Airport. This vintage PAN AM passenger plane has been put to pasture and has been there since I went to Apopka High School near by.

This was landing right as I was leaving the property, so I had to turn around. I'm not a plane aficionado, so I'll leave that to others to describe what type it is.

So an alternate to the passenger, will be a vintage fighter plane(not jet). It can be a grounded display.
                          I have other back up tags waiting if needed.
                          GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

I got a plane pic but I don't think it qualifies as vintage.

Comment

I was hoping for vintage, but it will pass to keep the game moving.
                              GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Dang, there an old Blue Angels jet propped up on a pedestal at the entrance to the military base near(ish) to me, that I was going to possibly do a ride by tonight.

Anyways, carry on. Its not 100% sure that im going out.

Rick, i dig the pic of that old plane that pulled in...very cool.
                                Last edited by dorkburger; 07-19-2015, 09:14 PM. Reason: add
                                sigpic
                                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                                -Rusty old scooter.
                                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                                X