Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
    Hmmm, $3500 for a crashed, rashed and trashed stunt bike with a busted engine. Uhhhh, let me think about that.

Earl
    How about 6 large for this one? This guy must have found some REALLY good drugs!

TRIUMPH BOBBER CHOPPER - $6000 (SAUK CITY WI)

Date: 2011-08-06, 9:09PM CDT
    Reply to: sale-yf3pj-2533961548@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

i have had this bike for 13 years and in that time it has got a one off frame, aftermarket springer front end and a 750 big bore with zero miles on the whole eng rebulid, it also has a joe hunt mag. i keep puting this poor bike on the back burner and doing other stuff. so i guess i will let this bike go to someone that wants to ride it and have one hell of a good time blowing away harleys. give me a call at 608 963 7949 or e-mail, with any ?. i may trade this bike so let me know what you have, but i am kinda looking for a pre 66 bug or a 4x4 ford ranger. but cash is best. there is no other bike like this out there and it is set up to be like the california diggers of the early 60's. back when you ride down to the track race all day and ride home. thanks for looking

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Comment

I know this isn't a motorcycle but it's pretty cool to have a GS engine in it.

Comment

Originally posted by wisgolfer59 View Post
        How about 6 large for this one? This guy must have found some REALLY good drugs!
        Jeez! I know what you mean. Craigslist has become so bad around here, its almost a waste of time to bother reading it. Nothing but junkers, half built choppers/bobbers and stuff that has been laying under the barn in the mud for years, all at absurd fantasy prices.

Earl
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Super custom?

Price is a bit high for what it is. Are those rubber knee pads on the gas tank? LOL!

It WAS a nice bike. But if he drops the price to $1,500, I would be interested. Convert to naked . Everything is straight on it besides the messed up fairing and gauge cluster.
          Last edited by Guest; 08-08-2011, 03:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flaming Chainsaws View Post

It WAS a nice bike. But if he drops the price to $1,500, I would be interested. Convert to naked . Everything is straight on it besides the messed up fairing and gauge cluster.
            http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/2520656315.html
            haha, Saying its a nice bike and then show a picture of a crashed bike....priceless

Over here I see many ads that go like this: Nice bike, doesn't run, the carbs need to be cleaned. I'd do it myself but havent got time...
            Translation: I dont have a clue why it doesnt run and I need to get rid of it

Comment

I think this guy is jumping the gun on the vanishing Madura pricing:

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/mcy/2535221844.html Suzuki Madura 1200 V-4 1985; 24,100 miles; very rare, cruiser/chopper styling; quicker than a Mangna; only 5,600 imported, few left; 11.36 1/4 mile. $7500

It looks like he also has an overpriced Magna and Sabre, but I can't tell which one of the three is quickest:

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/mcy/2535199605.html Honda V65 Magma V-4, 1986 excellent condition, 43,245 miles; has the cam oiling fix; quickest production bike of its time; windshield; great cruiser; color red wine. $4000

1983 honda 1100 Sabre V-4; excellent condition; 23,000 miles has the cam oiling fix since nearly new; quickest production bike of its time;very smooth sport touring bike. Black. $3500
              Last edited by Guest; 08-11-2011, 12:46 AM.

Comment

What a tard.

Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
                87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
                99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
                15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

Originally posted by 83GS1100E_Tornado View Post
                  Really?Looks like a Shadow to me.Go tell him the 4 cylinder ones are only worth $25.Probably believe you.

Comment

a comma might really help here:

Comment

sent a courtesy email to this guy, but he's adamant
                      "I've owned the bike for 20yrs and what'smore ... the side cover decals say ES, what the hell do you know!"

Comment

Looks to me like he got mad and hit it with a hammer.

Comment

I wanna play:
                          1999 Kawasaki Motorcycle - $4900 (Silver Spring, MD)

Date: 2011-08-11, 11:59AM EDT
                          Reply to: sale-7cbcj-2541388766@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
                          Unique owner, new, never accident, really beautiful and very careful.

Contacts: Joe: 301-257-1748.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2541388766
                          2010 Honda VFR1200F
                          1983 Suzuki GS750T (sold)
                          Being Revisited
                          1981 Honda CM400T
                          http://www.bikepics.com/members/cloudbreakmd/

Comment

Originally posted by Tech73 View Post
                            Looks to me like he got mad and hit it with a hammer.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/mcy/2540613085.html
                            How, how much force do you have to use to do that? What happened to a bit of finese?

Comment

1986 Yamaha 1100 Vargo - $3000 (Manassas )

Date: 2011-08-10, 7:40AM EDT
                              Reply to: sale-7cvz3-2539285928@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
                              I'm selling a 1986 Yamaha 1100 Vargo.It currently has 18,000 miles. Runs great! No mechanical issues! It has a toe and heel shifter.

PostingID: 2539285928
                              2010 Honda VFR1200F
                              Being Revisited
                              1981 Honda CM400T

Comment

1985 Maxim XJ700 $3000 OBO - $3000 (Woodbridge)

Date: 2011-08-08, 7:45PM EDT
                                Reply to: sale-ru6eh-2536960220@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
                                Up for sale is my baby... Maxine. A 1985 XJ700. Shes got almost 20,000 miles on her. And she runs like a dream. Shifts beautifully! Sounds great with a brand new, just installed last week, MAC 4-2 Slash Cut Exhaust.
                                Love this bike, but I've had her for the past few years and learned on her, fi xed her, rode her for the past three years and she has never let me down. Always fun to ride, GREAT for 2up riding. All around great bike. Even for starters. Shes what I learned on! I've done everything to this bike. Routine valve checks, oil changes, spark plug changes, four carb sync and completely Colortuned. Starts up quick. Rides Fantastic. Rebuilt calipers, just put new brakes on. Tires are 3000 miles old. Got em last year. European handlebars. Aftermarket mirrors look great.
                                .50mm Ammo Cans as saddlebags.
                                Last year I got in a small wreck, someone cut me off and their rear end hit my bike, pushing me into the curb. Only damage was a small dent in the tank, which is still there. Been meaning to do a paint job this year but never got around to it.
                                I have all receipts for any and all work I've done to her. Right down to O Rings for the mixture needles.
                                So yeah please call if youre interested! Love this bike, she deserves a good home. Any questions or inquiries please call Chris!
                                757-237-2416

$3000 OBO

PostingID: 2536960220
                                2010 Honda VFR1200F
                                Being Revisited
                                1981 Honda CM400T

Comment

Working...
                                X