No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It broke 35F for a few hours this afternoon and an excuse to get the GS650E out for short ride. Still lots of melting snow so had to stay on paved roads where the sun hits to avoid ice. The 650E is a great bike and runs like a champ. I fabricated a new luggage rack to do some camping with it again but pile on the gear easier.

Comment

Took the GS to get gas and discovered the oil lines still don't work. Anyone have a set of gs550es lines they want to part with?

I brought out the VZ800 out instead and put about 75 miles on it roaming around our glorious smooth, mostly empty rural highways.

It was 73℉ one of the bikes was taking me somewhere...

Comment

Another beautiful day here...sunny and in the 60s...crazy! Did the Port Renfrew loop today with a buddy who rode my 83.
        Had a little mishap..my 83's rear shock bolt at the swing arm either broke off or fell out. Took the bolt out of my 81's rear foot peg and it got us home.

Last edited by trevor; 03-09-2015, 12:42 AM.
        No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
          Another beautiful day here...sunny and in the 60s...crazy! Did the Port Renfrew loop today with a buddy who rode my 83.
          Had a little mishap..my 83's rear shock bolt at the swing arm either broke off or fell out. Took the bolt out of my 81's rear foot peg and it got us home.

Hey you should refrain from taking pictures of shiny bikes. It's disgusting that I can't even see the Suzuki tank badge on the '81 GS since the sunlight reflects off that shiny tank....and another thing, don't you slide around on your seat after ArmourAll'ing them? I purposely take my pics in gray lighting so the dirt doesn't show(see above). You're making the rest of us look bad!! And why are you warmer even though you're further north than me?
          Last edited by Guest; 03-09-2015, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
            Hey you should refrain from taking pictures of shiny bikes. It's disgusting that I can't even see the Suzuki tank badge on the '81 GS since the sunlight reflects off that shiny tank....and another thing, don't you slide around on your seat after ArmourAll'ing them? I purposely take my pics in gray lighting so the dirt doesn't show(see above). You're making the rest of us look bad!! And why are you warmer even though you're further north than me?
            Lol...no armourAll on the seats...just good ole soap and water plus a secret seat cleaner just for motorcycles that actually provides better grip.

As for the bikes being clean..they were actually pretty dirty. It took me 3 hours to clean them up last night. Still some of that nasty liquid salt around here and some of the logging roads we were on were still wet.

As for the weather...what can I say, we live in paradise!
            No signature

Comment

Broke the 850 out this morning to go to work. 20F on the way in. I was bundled well and the cold was negligible. My damn helmet screen kept fogging but other than that it was a nice ride. Coming home was close to 40F.

Comment

Alright it was a bad pic BUT I had a record day today... 140+ miles I went to Rutland and back then went around Addison County. Stopped to get my hair did and she was waiting for me to go back out on it. Traction is an elusive thing on this GSX. But I did put in in B mode and was able to cruise comfortably... Only lasted maybe 30 miles... LOL Sooooo frickin' fast.

Watch out you PNW sons of guns!!!, Jedz is out and starting to rack!!!
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post

Alright it was a bad pic BUT I had a record day today... 140+ miles I went to Rutland and back then went around Addison County. Stopped to get my hair did and she was waiting for me to go back out on it. Traction is an elusive thing on this GSX. But I did put in in B mode and was able to cruise comfortably... Only lasted maybe 30 miles... LOL Sooooo frickin' fast.

Watch out you PNW sons of guns!!!, Jedz is out and starting to rack!!!
                  Lol...good for you my man! Speaking of starting to rack...I put 700 miles on last week! Lan was 1800kms and Feb was 1600kms and already in March arounf 1200kms.
                  No signature

Comment

It's kind of a late start this year. I'm also abut 500 miles in the hole... However I will have my first 500 miles in by the tail end tomorrow. Hoping by next Wednesday (17th)I'll have my first 1K miles in.
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I bet i have 2-400 miles in this year. Predominantly riding to work. I just took a job with a company vehicle, so weekend toys they become.

Comment

Not so much of a ride as a 20 mile loop for a go /no test to see if my carb work was ok. Its a go!
                        I was a bit disappointed that the neon sign didnt photograph well.
                        http://
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                          Not so much of a ride as a 20 mile loop for a go /no test to see if my carb work was ok. Its a go!
                          I was a bit disappointed that the neon sign didnt photograph well.
                          http://
                          Glen Your bike looks fantastic!!!

I'm planning on doing some big day rides this year maybe we could meet up, Jersey isn't too far out.
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Thanks, I blame it on a decent camera and the dark. In person you may be let down. The ugly truth of the bike is posted in an album here....

Let me know if youre heading down here. Theres a good number of GSers in NJ, but we never seem to get together.
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I'll keep you posted. I like to ride down the Taconic to the border of the city and back for speed runs. Jersey isn't too far out from there. I'll keep you posted. Goal this season is to put some more faces to names on this board.
                              Last edited by Jedz123; 03-09-2015, 10:51 PM.
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

No ride yet this spring, my driveway is a steep hill that is still a slab of ice.
                                The 1100 started up like a champ yesterday though.
                                New tire in hand ready to mount. Looking forward to a great year.
                                May pass on Brown County this year and head to the WV rally instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X