anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trevor View Post
    Yeah you are right Jedz..he gets bigger everyday! I do want to get him another bike someday...he had a Honda crf70 for a while but he started to lose interest and I didn't want to push him. I would love to ride with him on the street someday....you know go on those Father/Son trips.......he turns 14 in September so I'm thinking soon...I would like to see him have a couple of years of riding dirt under his belt before he turns 16 and wants to ride my K1300R....just kidding..he won't be on that bike! Lol...
    my gixxerpunk kid got his bike license before his car license when he was 16. it's a conundrum. i did enjoy teaching him to ride like an idiot but i do worry a bit. he's my favorite riding buddy now. he's surpisingly good at spotting cops. it's eerie.

seriously, you only have control for so long so make it count. good luck.
    2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
    82 gs1100L probably the next project
    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
      Yeah you are right Jedz..he gets bigger everyday! I do want to get him another bike someday...he had a Honda crf70 for a while but he started to lose interest and I didn't want to push him. I would love to ride with him on the street someday....you know go on those Father/Son trips.......he turns 14 in September so I'm thinking soon...I would like to see him have a couple of years of riding dirt under his belt before he turns 16 and wants to ride my K1300R....just kidding..he won't be on that bike! Lol...
      Well trev,,, your not much over 14 and you get to ride that K1300,,,,,, kidding!!
      C'mon somebody had to say it.
      But serious, I think the best bike to learn on is a dirt bike with enough power to enjoy it and on a summer fallow field as soon as he has the basics so bike control becomes automatic.
      Fred

Comment

Trev I think it's awesome you have that common passion... Kindle that, Motorcycling is an awesome world to get into and share with your son.

My Dad got into the Cruiser scene when returned home after 2 tours in Iraq. He loves it, kinda why I got the VTX1800, It's a phenomenal ride but now he and I can ride together and I'm starting to understand that side of the motorcycle world. Great folks, a little misguided with true performance but I have that bond now... It's stellar Thanks for sharing!

So I said I wouldn't post any pics till I at least got the Suzuki out... I did!

The 06 SV1K is now out! Man... This V-Twin concept is cool as hell. Still banging out the kinks... But took it for a good spin down the block and back!

If I don't like it maybe I'll just trade it in towards a B-King , right Dave?

Glad to be back on a Suzuki!!!
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
          my gixxerpunk kid got his bike license before his car license when he was 16. it's a conundrum. i did enjoy teaching him to ride like an idiot but i do worry a bit. he's my favorite riding buddy now. he's surpisingly good at spotting cops. it's eerie.

seriously, you only have control for so long so make it count. good luck.
          You are right...thanks for sharing about your son and yours experience. My wife doesn't want him to learn the "rules of the road" on a motorcycle but in a car. Can't I disagree with that logic.

Originally posted by fred smailes View Post
          Well trev,,, your not much over 14 and you get to ride that K1300,,,,,, kidding!!
          C'mon somebody had to say it.
          But serious, I think the best bike to learn on is a dirt bike with enough power to enjoy it and on a summer fallow field as soon as he has the basics so bike control becomes automatic.
          Fred
          Hahaha.....good one Fred! That's why I have the signature line that I do...
          No signature

Comment

Busy today, and have things going on tomorrow, so this evening was available for a ride.
            Went out of town and around, and back into town to see if sunset over lake. Nope, too cloudy.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Is he every going to come to a NE GSR gathering? Lol
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                Is he every going to come to a NE GSR gathering? Lol

i'll get him out there someday. hanging with slow,old guys isn't really a priority for the punk but he will occasionally.

i took "the ugly" out yesterday. brrrr cold at first but got better as the sun got higher. wyoming county from one end to the other.

dirt roads are still a bit wet so extra idiot was necessary.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                82 gs1100L probably the next project
                1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

i'll get him out there someday. hanging with slow,old guys isn't really a priority for the punk but he will occasionally.

i took "the ugly" out yesterday. brrrr cold at first but got better as the sun got higher. wyoming county from one end to the other.

dirt roads are still a bit wet so extra idiot was necessary.

Hey!!! Not all of us are old and slow!!!

It was a great day to ride, suppose to better today. I was wondering if you were going to be brave enough to venture into the woods with "the ugly" during mud season! Love it!

Ride safe bud! Hope to see you sooner vs later!
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

This is the entrance to the historic Lockport NY cave along the Erie Canal. Tourist attration now, but explored by many locals as kids.

This is the famous upside down railroad bridge over the Erie Canal. It was rumored that they built it this way to limit the height of ships going down the canal. Nasty railroad barons!

83 gs850
                    07 vtx1300c

Comment

Clean 850 Dave!
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Finally, the first full week of riding weather.... (at least by my standards)

sigpic
                        09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                        1983 GS1100e
                        82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                        1980 GS1260
                        Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Mid morning today I decided to take a long lunch to explore some of the fun roads I've been finding just north of me. After an hour or so I pulled into Edgar Evans State Park (http://tnstateparks.com/parks/about/edgar-evins) just to see what there was to see. It's a lovely little place on the high side of a dam with a marina, camping, cabins, hiking, etc. I'll take the family back there soon. Looks like a cool place to explore.

I wouldn't have stopped except that mother nature was calling pretty loud and there was an outhouse, and a sort of scenic overlook for a photo. Just before I shut the bike down I had a niggling memory that this morning the bike hadn't started as vigorously as normal. Instead of putting that thought completely out of mind I parked at the top of the long parking lot just in case.

Sure enough, when I thumbed the magic button...whirr, click...nada I also attempted to push-start it several times with no luck. Never tried to push-start a fuel-injected bike before but was under the impression it was possible. Guess not. Fortunately there was a very nice guy at the marina named Mike that gave me a jump start.

After that I just headed home instead of finishing my route. I'd pretty much burned my "long lunch" time anyway. Bought a new battery from Batteries Plus this evening and it did the trick. Can't wait to get back out and finish the route.

From the marina parking lot. That long grey horizontal line between the trees is the dam. Apparently it makes a lake about 60 miles long.

Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
                          Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Hit 17 Celsius today which is a bit odd for the end of March around here. We usually get a hot spell in May but everything seems to be a bit early this year. Great day for 200km on the bike and I put her to work which is what I like doing best with my 1000G being the work horse she is.

picked up a bike lift for the DR and a few unused cans of chain lube and cleaner, best $80 I've spent all week
                            Rob
                            1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                            Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by davegs850 View Post
                              This is the entrance to the historic Lockport NY cave along the Erie Canal. Tourist attration now, but explored by many locals as kids.

This is the famous upside down railroad bridge over the Erie Canal. It was rumored that they built it this way to limit the height of ships going down the canal. Nasty railroad barons!

Jewelry to my eyes

Comment

I have been trying to figure my gopro out and trying some editing....I have a long way to go....lol

Here is a little ride I took on my 750 the other day...fun ride!

No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X