Rode to work!!! FINALLY!
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
      Just a couple pics from last 8 days.
      More pics and more description later.
      Some of you will know what this is all about.

More later.
      Hey, that's not a Suzuki !!! And what are those funny looking things sticking out the side of the engine! Looks like you're having fun Dave, even in the rain. 👍
      My Motorcycles:
      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
      79 1000e (all original)
      82 850g (all original)
      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
        Hey, that's not a Suzuki !!! And what are those funny looking things sticking out the side of the engine! Looks like you're having fun Dave, even in the rain. 
        Yah, Norm, those funny things are sticking out BOTH sides. Sure seems like a lot of strange stuff just to make a mount for the highway pegs. And sometimes can notice that they shake.... shake sideways. Weird, huh?
        I have seen some other bikes that are somewhat similar but dont have as much of the tupperware and so can see further into there, those big things sticking out seem to come from this big block of something and there is this other thing on top of there that looks exactly like like an automotive alternator, complete with the belt drive and all.

Yes, one day it was 55 degrees AND raining AND windy, all at the same time. Worse winter storm in 11 years they said.
        Two days later was 58 degrees in the morning and threatening rain. I went to BMW Owners Club breakfast and ride. Was about 30 guys there and 6 bikes.

Last edited by Redman; 02-22-2017, 10:14 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Some great pics guys.

Jedz, your connie is a magnificent beast! Looks like a cruise ship compared to my kayak, hahaha

Edit: that sounded like I'm discontent with the 850 quite the contrary I love this bike!

Love the pics of redman and company in the hills. Good times!!!

I got caught in the rain/ hail last weekend North of Albuquerque. Actually scared the crap out of me. All of a sudden the road turned white, my fairing and helmet visor were covered in slush. Seriously took me by surprise. I debated what to do like;

A)Brake, pull over (get hit by someone who was doing the same thing, or loose control wreck then get hit)
          B)Roll off of the throttle and slowly proceed
          C)Accelerate and quickly leave the place (just kidding, bad idea)

I chose B. I still had decent traction and the road was straight and flat. Thankfully it was a short distance and nobody else panicked around me either.
          Last edited by Burque73; 02-22-2017, 10:28 AM.
          Roger

Current rides
          1983 GS 850G
          2003 FJR 1300A
          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

She does pretty good Burque! She's like the Enterprise; loaded with allot of electric equipment, computers, sensors and fitted with a proper warp drive.
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
              Hey Dave, whats the krackle on your visor? Was it an impact, or just water?
              Roger

Current rides
              1983 GS 850G
              2003 FJR 1300A
              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                He smokes a bubble pipe, doncha know. Grand children gave it him.
                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

An Fing AWESOME ride today... First GREAT ride in months... Wow. Rode till the Sun went down.

Ahh YES!!!!! gorgeous!
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Well I cant say I have the same enthusisam as Jedz. However, I did get the 1150 out for a short ride today from storage to home. In WNY, in February, thats saying something. I can not believe how much dirt and salt got on the bike...well, i can, but would rather not. Now to put the new fairing stay in and do some tinkering on the bodywork, tires, chain and sprockets and i just might be ready for when spring really hits...
                    1986 GS1150ES "JUNO QUICK”
                    1984 GS1100GK
                    1982 GS1100E “RANGER”
                    1978 GS750E-"JUNO RIOT" on the road in 2013
                    1980 GS550GL complete, original, 4900 miles

Comment

Originally posted by ALB80-850 View Post
                      Well I cant say I have the same enthusisam as Jedz. However, I did get the 1150 out for a short ride today from storage to home. In WNY, in February, thats saying something. I can not believe how much dirt and salt got on the bike...well, i can, but would rather not. Now to put the new fairing stay in and do some tinkering on the bodywork, tires, chain and sprockets and i just might be ready for when spring really hits...
                      Glad you got the bike out even for short stint Andy!!!
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                        That is one of the two helmets (with blue tooth comms) that came with the bike, some coating on the visor is peeling, but I typicaslly dont look through it, and when do it doesnt seem to effect much.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Todays adventure.
                          Palomar Mountain.

Up the South Grade (S6, north)

Then down the South Grade (S7, south, east)

Comment

Took the bike to work today! Had to go up the mountain so to the 250 today on the dirt and muddy roads!!!

BRRRRAAAaaaaP!

Finishing up some work now from my home office... Decided to take the daylight hours to tag team the 1400 and ride into the night!

Still 64'! OK back to focus on paperwork that needs to be done before the weekend...
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Rode out toward Red Mountain today. Nice day for a ride. Bike seems to starve for fuel above 80, so that will bear looking into. Carburets flawlessly up to there, though.

IMG_20170225_164705011.jpg
                              "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                              1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                                Rode out toward Red Mountain today. Nice day for a ride. Bike seems to starve for fuel above 80, so that will bear looking into. Carburets flawlessly up to there, though.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49969[/ATTACH]
                                HOLY Smokes! I LOVE THAT PAINT!
                                I like your choice of head light too? Where did you source it?
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                                X