No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it was raining in the picture it would be this week's winner.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Glad you liked the pic fellas. Indeed, if it was raining it'd be in a different thread for sure. Actually it was raining but you can't tell from the pic.

There's an unfortunate end to grabbing that photo. Three seconds after that pic, a crazy gust of wind came and blew my bike over. Too bad I removed the Vetter side bags, it caused minimal damage though. The photo I posted in the weekly game was an hour after my mishap, showing the side that hit the ground. It took a while before the engine would fire up. Guess all the fluids needed to settle but after it fired no troubles at all.
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Took my track bike out for a half hour ride. 1990 GSX750Katana with a 92 GSXR1100 engine. 180/55 17 rear and 120/70 17 front. All updated with mid 1990s GSXR parts.
        Way too easy through corners, way too easy to go way over posted speed limits, so easy to pass…meh… Nothing's challenging on the street with this bike below 80 MPH.

Same ride on my 82 GS1100G, everything's challenging, I have to try to go over 80 MPH, have to push the bars over through corners, have to wait for a long straight to make a safe pass.
        Really can't replace the old 1100G, everything would be too easy!!!
        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Yes, that is a pink elephant in the background. And a giraffe.

My wife is a golf pro and teaches at a driving range that has a mini-putt - hence the pink elephant. I stopped in to meet her for a ride home together. Beauty of an evening in southwestern Ontario!

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
            Took my track bike out for a half hour ride. 1990 GSX750Katana with a 92 GSXR1100 engine. 180/55 17 rear and 120/70 17 front. All updated with mid 1990s GSXR parts.
            Way too easy through corners, way too easy to go way over posted speed limits, so easy to pass…meh… Nothing's challenging on the street with this bike below 80 MPH.

Same ride on my 82 GS1100G, everything's challenging, I have to try to go over 80 MPH, have to push the bars over through corners, have to wait for a long straight to make a safe pass.
            I love the comparison there, Bill. Sometimes I chuckle as I leave a stoplight and run through the gears on my 850. Winding up to 4-5-6k rpm's and I hit 5th expecting to, by the sound and effort I've put into getting there, look down and see I'm at freeway speed and ready to merge. Maybe even a bit faster than traffic so I can slide right in without issue. After all that I'm just barely up to speed. The bike has way more to offer but I have to, like you said, work for it.

It's kind of like a job that you really enjoy, doesn't pay very well and pretty hard work, but has great benefits!
            Roger

Current rides
            1983 GS 850G
            2003 FJR 1300A
            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Quick blast after work to head up to my "local" bike night. Decent turn out and a great ride home...

13K miles on the Bonneville now (3 months of ownership).
              Cresting 20K miles for the season... Been a great one this year!
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
              Originally posted by Hayabuser
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Similar to Jedz, but babysitting our daughters 3 month old.
                I have been taking the awake-up-early morning shift,

some days grandma takes over maybe about 11am, and I head out for 3 or 4 hours. Other days we tag team through out the day.

Here is a day I got out for about 4 hours. Palomar Mountain, and Mesa Grande Road.

96 at elevation of Palomar Mt (Mothers Kitchen porch in shade, 5100ft elevation), I not sure but must have been 104-106 at lower elevation inland (but with this low humidity it wasnt too terrible).

I think the humidity is just barley noticable, but folks here (SanDiego/Oceanside coastal area) are complaining that it is awfull humid and awfull hot (mid-upper 80s in coastal areas).
                Last edited by Redman; 07-28-2018, 04:34 PM. Reason: 5100 ft

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

We had a seminar at our church this morning. Great show of bikes this time. Two XR 650's, a Vespa behind them, a 79 Kz 1000 shaftie, and my GS. I rode with the KZ owner after to grab lunch. I used to want a side car just because they look cool. Now I see, after following him, how it handles. It looks like a totally different experience. He has health issues and has to have the side car though.

Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                    We had a seminar at our church this morning. Great show of bikes this time. ......
                    dern bikers! Parking on the sidewalk. Parking in handicapped spaces. Man, this place is going downhill. Who let these guys in?????

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Haha, I just pulled up there to grab a pic. I asked our pastor about parking on the sidewalk and he's cool with it. The head musician parks his Honda Shadow there on Sunday, he said, so why not!
                      Roger

Current rides
                      1983 GS 850G
                      2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post

When's the next day out on the track for you?
                        I'm heading out tomorrow for an overnight @ the Ridge.
                        Gonna be a hot one...near 90, never done one in July, will be fun regardless of temps.
                        Riding with my senior friends, mid 60's plus.
                        GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

I made it home from Omaha yesterday after 1,792 miles. I'll post up some more pictures in my other thread later but here's one I fixed up after realizing it would fit for the riding game

Church tag by Scott Baker, on Flickr

On a back road near Oldenburg, Indiana
                          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
                            When's the next day out on the track for you?
                            I'm heading out tomorrow for an overnight @ the Ridge.
                            Gonna be a hot one...near 90, never done one in July, will be fun regardless of temps.
                            Riding with my senior friends, mid 60's plus.
                            There are several track bike weekends this August, but I only got money for one, maybe 2 days. I'm looking at 8-11 next.
                            Bummer I passed July 4th weekend because I didn't wanna deal with traffic, and bummer-bummer last week we got rain.
                            Hope to see guys our age too, mid 60's plus. Used to see many more, but not this summer.
                            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Been out the last few evenings here......had a nice little garage party last Friday too. Wife picked up a new car....good summer on the Island.

No signature

Comment

Grabbing my 550T today instead of the Bandit, Charmayne and I started out on what was supposed to be a 200 mile lunch run to Chillicothe OH but instead got cut short due to a possible issue with her bike. We determined after we got home that it will be something we wait until this winter to fix as it's not causing a lot of major problems.

Grabbed this picture at a stop for the riding game (my tag was of a phone booth) before we turned around

Untitled by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X