No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

590B6A68-F35A-426B-A090-526D223A98B5.jpg As much of a ride as I have been on in last
    couple weeks.
    some girls n the beach liked my bike and I took one for a
    ride.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Jacksonville Beach beach on ocean for a day. rental beach cruiser bike. last week.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Rolled 1000 miles on the Monkey swap, nice little ride today. I'm locked inside here for the rest of the weekend, Momma is out of town.
        cheers.
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Got out on Thursday for a 250km ride up island....loving my DR

Got pretty dirty too.

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
            Got out on Thursday for a 250km ride up island....loving my DR
            ]

Got pretty dirty too.
            One man's dirty is another man's perfectly acceptable... I am down to one GS and it scares me. I might need a DR too...

sigpic
            09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
            1983 GS1100e
            82\83 1100e Frankenbike
            1980 GS1260
            Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post

One man's dirty is another man's perfectly acceptable... I am down to one GS and it scares me. I might need a DR too...
              Do it Bob! You won’t regret it. I would love to ride off road with you! 🙂

No signature

Comment

Celebrated number 51 by riding to the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green KY with a friend on his Harley and my wife and kids in the car. They both made their way home and I’m on my way to meet up with Scott Marvin tomorrow.

I’ll post pictures when I get home Tuesday.
                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Been cold and/or rainy, and two days had snow accumulation, since we got back home. But the rain was good that washed roads clear of salt residue.
                  Scraped frost this morning, but got up to 50degF this afternoon.
                  GOt out GK for an hour and half ride.
                  Man, I like how this bike feels - wide enough bars that just leaning seems to impart some countersteering.

Its first outing this season. It's third time out since the rebuild (that involved nearly 18months of sitting dissasembled).

Have already had the RT out a couple times and the Shadow500 a few times, and the GK was demanding to be riden to the same places and to pose for pictures so it didnt feel slighted.
                  It is nicer looking anyway.

Last edited by Redman; 04-05-2022, 09:11 PM. Reason: obscure plate number

Comment

Suzukis walk on water...
                    I charged batteries and fired up engines then raked the lawn
                    1983 GS 550 LD
                    2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

They're really "transforming" the downtown area here.

Roger

Current rides
                      1983 GS 850G
                      2003 FJR 1300A
                      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

That's cool, Roger. A year round display or is there a convention in town?
                        I have a grand-nephew that is crazed with the toys.
                        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                          That's cool, Roger. A year round display or is there a convention in town?
                          I have a grand-nephew that is crazed with the toys.
                          That's a good question. It's really close to the convention center so maybe they're to promote an event.

A closer look really is needed to appreciate the work that went into these guys. Just amazing!

Your grand nephew would get a real kick out of seeing these.

Roger

Current rides
                          1983 GS 850G
                          2003 FJR 1300A
                          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

A neighbor friend needed to get a few of his bikes some exercise yesterday. I gladly helped him out.

1989 Ninja ZX10 was first. Only a short ride, maybe a couple of miles. A bit smaller and lighter than my FJR. Man this engine can rev!

Next was his 2009 Versys 650. Very comfortable upright riding position. Fun zip around town bike. I didn't like trying to find the shift lever with my foot and how much effort it took to get into gear. Guess I'm just spoiled with the smoooooth shifting GS.

Next was a Vulcan 900

This was my favorite of the three, save the straight pipes. That noise was rather embarassing around the neighborhood. Again, spoiled by the GS's quiet pipes. Comfortable position, but impossible to lift my butt off the seat for big bumps. Smooth running bike. I rode a bit longer on ths one.

The one I really wanted to ride was his KZ900 (can just see the tail end sticking out in one of these pics)

After getting to ride these I let him ride my GS850. Man, that thing runs great, he said, Very smooth.
                            Roger

Current rides
                            1983 GS 850G
                            2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

First ride of the year today!

I had forgotten how heavy this bike is, and it is absolutely useless getting out of my frozen driveway. But it started fairly easily, and ran well! Better than last year. I rode down to the city, turned around and topped her up with gas.

It was cold, I almost fell on some ice going out my neighbouerhood. 4.5 degrees celcius. I should have worn more clothes.

But I am so happy everything worked, had no problem starting up or riding. Its cured.
                              GS1000G 1981

Comment

My brother had the ZX - 10r’s slightly older brother - an 87 Ninja 1000. I got a bit of a sideways look when after my first ride on it that I informed him that it has a rev limiter...

He eventually totaled it and nearly himself when he experienced a severe tank slapped on it at speed.
                                sigpic
                                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                                -Rusty old scooter.
                                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                                X