anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post

I got update to watch your video...Jedz Jr gonna get the attention he needs...as well as your wife.

You'll come back..."you conservative rider".

There's nothing quite like being on a motorcycle.

You're gonna be breaking away from your usual content.

Thank you for doing what you have done.

Ed

Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I finally got my first ride in today. The weather was beautiful (low 70s), so I rode 50 miles on the backroads near my house. Not a lot of beautiful views, but a nice working landscape. Lots of farm fields, hay pastures, and patches of leafless woods. Also a few streams and rivers to see.

81 GS650GL

Comment

Jedz, we knew you weren't exactly right, we didn't need that video just to prove it. Congrats with everything.
        1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Does not involve a ride (but I think youse will allow it)….

am in Florida (without bike), in an area that is miles and miles of plazas and plazas and condos and condos, and 4-5-6 lane roads. Seems all fairly new.
          had a opportunity to chat with a guy that has lived here since the 1970s when this was all swamp and brush and country roads.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          Last edited by Redman; 03-22-2022, 08:49 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Got out on the weekend for a 200km ride up island to Maple Bay for some Chowder

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
              D…….
              had a opportunity to chat with a guy that has lived here since the 1970s……
              yep, Jacksonville area.
              michigander me on left.
              Indiania transplant (40+ years ago) on the right, Mr dpep.

>> later note
              meet don at brown county rally 2005 and many years since. And another time in 2007 when he bought my 850g and he rode it home (bye way of other GSR rally’s in Iowa and WVirginia).
              I know many folks on forum would recognize Don.

Don had reason to be nearby to where am staying, so picture is at nearby resteraunt outdoor seating area. (Don had other project going on in area, hence no bike.)
              Last edited by Redman; 03-23-2022, 10:08 AM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                yep, Jacksonville area.
                michigander me on left.
                Indiania transplant on the right, Mr dpep.
                Didn't recognize him without his tie....
                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post

well, it was ONLY 75degF and he was on his way to do some chores.

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post

Or with the beard...
                    Current Bikes:
                    2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

150 Miles without the sidecar. Operation Commuter commence. Single track the bike get about 75-80 MPG so 100 mile rang with reserve. 93MH top speed but it will cruise at 60MPH all day... OI like the bike with just 2 wheels... Weather is balmy high 30's low 40's spitting rain and snow still. CBR engine allows me to run heated gear so life is just fine in the world of mini motos!

The Coolest part of this bike is your commuting around and say, oh where does that path go and you just, go up it. So much fun.
                      Cheers!
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

OOhh, solar panels, if it were elect. you could have got a fill-up. Little too cool & wet for me, but can tell you enjoyed it. Nice pictures.
                        1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                          150 Miles without the sidecar. Operation Commuter commence. Single track the bike get about 75-80 MPG so 100 mile rang with reserve. 93MH top speed but it will cruise at 60MPH all day... OI like the bike with just 2 wheels... Weather is balmy high 30's low 40's spitting rain and snow still. CBR engine allows me to run heated gear so life is just fine in the world of mini motos!

How are you enjoying that darkside tyre?
                          ---- Dave
                          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post

How are you enjoying that darkside tyre?
                            It's quite nice. It handles just as well as a MC tire on the little bike. I'll keep it on, definitely adds more traction on the dirt and wet roads. It's on there because of the sidecar but I'll keep it there because it's still working well as a single track.

Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post

It's quite nice. It handles just as well as a MC tire on the little bike. I'll keep it on, definitely adds more traction on the dirt and wet roads. It's on there because of the sidecar but I'll keep it there because it's still working well as a single track.
                              Same as I found with the narrower tyre. I notice with the wider rims on modern cruisers, there's a tendency to go too wide when darksiding. When you have a narrow rim, you have not much choice in what you put on and I think the overall result is probably better.
                              The 135 I fitted was great, apart from being too short in the gearing. I think I might be able to finagle a 155 into the space *, which will get it up near where it needs to be.

*as it's a 15" rim and the swingarm gets wider as it goes back.
                              ---- Dave
                              79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                              80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                              79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                              92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post

Same as I found with the narrower tyre. I notice with the wider rims on modern cruisers, there's a tendency to go too wide when darksiding. When you have a narrow rim, you have not much choice in what you put on and I think the overall result is probably better.
                                The 135 I fitted was great, apart from being too short in the gearing. I think I might be able to finagle a 155 into the space *, which will get it up near where it needs to be.

*as it's a 15" rim and the swingarm gets wider as it goes back.
                                It's 145 70 R12 basically a vintage Mini cooper modern tire replacement. It works fine, I honestly can't tell the difference between a 140 rear MC tire and the Car tire on this bike. I tired Darksiding on the VMAX and there is a difference in how it handles but not crazy... I was going to play with Darksiding on the Yamaha FJ-09. FYI the Monkey passed VT state inspection with a car tire. The shop recognized it was a car tire but said as long as it has a DOT rating and has good tread its highway safe!

Little ride yesterday but had a buddy come over that has never ridden before and taught him to ride a motorcycle. We still have some more training to go but the small bikes help in a big way for new riders.

Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                                X