No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't take a single pic but bwringer and I rode out to the Tulip Trestle railroad viaduct over near Bloomfield IN yesterday (the largest of its kind in the world it turns out!). Brian was on his FJ-09, I was astride my Bandit 1200. It was a fast fun ride, grabbed some lunch at the YoHo General store. Perfect weather, a lot of freshly paved twisty roads, and a few pretty bombed out ones best ridden on a dual sport. So now my new rear tire is nicely broken in for the ride down in Bedford in a few weeks! Looking forward to meeting some folks there.
    Previous GS fleet: '78 1000C, '79 750E, '81 650G, '82 1100G, '81 1100E
    Other rides: '77 XS500C, '78 XS1100E, '00 Voyager XII

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post

I hear you. I rode 32K miles the year before my daughter was born and was only able to ride 11K miles last year after she was born. This year though I'm already on track for back to my average of 20K miles (hopefully) a few very big MC weekends of +3000 miles will help... Getting daycare lined up 4 days and Grammy visits on Monday evenings (after child care) means I can ride to and from work. Grab the cage and pick her up after. Cheers and good luck!
      Wow, you ride far more than I do, even more than I drive my car in a normal year! Thanks for the good luck wishes, we'll see how it goes! Unfortunately my bike is down right now for new clutch and valve adjustment. But soon as that's done I'll be back at it hard.
      - 1983 GS850L ~ 30,000 miles and going up - Finally ready for a proper road trip!
      - 1977 GS750B - Sold but not forgotten

Comment

Haven't ridden much this year, other than a quick hop acrossed town, but an opportunity arose so....

I love getting "welcome to" signs for the states I ride to. Nevada has been hard to get since I'm usually on I-40 or I-15 and neither signs are accessible. Yesterday I crossed the border on NV hwy 56 and found this for my collection.

Can't believe how steady the fjr is above 100. Unfortunately it drinks a lot more at speed. Barely limped into Tenopah on fumes after flying through the nothingness in Nevada.

Empty roads, cool temperatures, no wind. I was loving it!

Took this last night near Benton, CA on my way to Ridgecrest.

Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

While you guys are getting ready for your riding season, ours is now starting to close. Due to a recent relocation from Wellington to the coastal town of Onrus, near Hermanus in the Western Cape, I did not go on many rides during our peak riding season.

I look forward to many rides in this new area which has mountain views as well as sea views. It is a popular tourist area in winter when whales calve in the calm waters of the bay about 2 km east.

1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

Originally posted by 2BRacing View Post

I look forward to many rides in this new area which has mountain views as well as sea views.

. . . .
            Good to hear from you Ben.

ANd I look forward to your mountain and seaside pics (maybe your next riding season) in your new location. Your prior location seemed nice for photos too.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Looks like Mr Ron 1978GS750E went for something of a ride.
              Well, at least pushed 4 nice bikes out of the garage and into the sunlight, and took pics and vidio

This general discussion area is to be used as the <b>non-controversial topics</b>. This forum is open to all. Forum rules apply!

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Trevor.... Trevor...... Calling Trevor.....

Hows your west coast ride (Vancouver to US west coast, to ?LasVegas?)

You usally find some great scenic places for a pic or two, and other pics to show the adventure.

(or have I missed it someplace else?)

Comment

Yes Dave, you missed it. Trevor started a thread here with some beautiful Scenery:
                  Got back last week from a 2 week ride. Some buddies from Victoria were trucking their dirt bikes to Moab for a week of riding the desert. So Greg and I took off on our street bikes to meet up with them for a few days before heading off west on our own. We took off Tuesday night so we could get getting across the border out of
                  Rich
                  1982 GS 750TZ
                  2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                  Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                    Yes Dave, you missed it. Trevor started a thread here with some beautiful Scenery:
                    https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...as-la-victoria
                    I still have lots to add the the thread....and a pretty cool story of a "brush" with celebrity in Bel Air Ca.
                    No signature

Comment

This pic of Roger’s deserved to be bigger. Awesome.

2023-05-26_11-07-44 by burque_73, on Flickr
                      Rich
                      1982 GS 750TZ
                      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                        This pic of Roger’s deserved to be bigger. Awesome.

2023-05-26_11-07-44 by burque_73, on Flickr
                        Thanks Rich!
                        I was pleasantly surprised when the light changed to that golden color just after I pulled over. Only lasts a few minutes so I got lucky.
                        Roger

Current rides
                        1983 GS 850G
                        2003 FJR 1300A
                        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Was down in the tail of the Dragon area this past week. weather was perfect, good group of guys, and of course phenomenal roads

Packed and ready to go:

Packed and ready.jpg

​​
                          '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

From an overlook on the Cherohala:

Cherohala1.jpg
                            '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Little Tennessee River, after a Dragon run:

Little-Tenn-river.jpg

Comment

Stream along Wayah Rd, which is phenomenal!

Wayah-rd.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X