anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.5 20 minute sessions at the Ridge. S
    Some shoddy patch repair attempted in corners from wear of cars lapping slower turns (6 corners).
    Survived the day.
    Ended up being a terrible patch work, actually worse than before.
    Couple of ambulance incidents, one on a smaller bike passing bigger bikes, with sheer corner speed on slicks, but met his demise eventually in an abrupt chicane highside.
    Speculation, but clearly enjoying passing bigger displacement bikes while using slicks & corner speed, ended abruptly for his prowess.
    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
      6.5 20 minute sessions at the Ridge. S
      Some shoddy patch repair attempted in corners from wear of cars lapping slower turns (6 corners).
      Survived the day.
      Ended up being a terrible patch work, actually worse than before.
      Couple of ambulance incidents, one on a smaller bike passing bigger bikes, with sheer corner speed on slicks, but met his demise eventually in an abrupt chicane highside.
      Speculation, but clearly enjoying passing bigger displacement bikes while using slicks & corner speed, ended abruptly for his prowess.
      What is the limit of fun? Just before it ain't fun.
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

My second ride of the year today was 130 miles with my neighbor. No pictures but it was nice to shake off the cobwebs on some of my favorite roads that I had to lightly twist his arm to go try (he is strictly a straight but "back road" kind of guy).
        sigpic
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

The trip from Farmington, NM to Ridgecrest was amazing! Sure wasn't expecting so much snow along the way. It was warming and melting off quite a bit, so not freezing by any means, but an insulated jacket would have been a good idea. I had my rain gear and a hoodie under my vented riding jacket which helped a lot though.

Instead of taking the long way home to Albuquerque, I pretty much just blasted straight down I-40. Still a fun ride. Leaving Ridgecrest at 4:30am and stopping in Seligman, AZ for a couple of hours still put me home before dark.

20230529_114211 by Roger, on Flickr

I think the spill in Indiana my son had on this bike bent or just misaligned something. I found I have to keep light pressure pushing with my right or pulling with my left hand. Letting go with both hands I need to lean off the right side of the bike to keep it straight. Hard to notice on short trips around town but after a couple of 16 hour days it gets annoying. It's about due for tires so maybe I can loosen everything up and tweak things a bit. The ergos of this bike still don't fit me, but it's a great machine. It's a bit too far of a reach, in spite of the bar risers, and the forward lean puts weight on my wrists. Keeping the windshield down and the speed up helps with that haha. Also, I found if I shift my weight off to one side for a minute, then the other, I can get another hour or so before the stock seat feels like a brick again.

I thought I'd have some time to ride with my son and daughter in law. His monster Harley and her Triumph would've dwarfed the GS, so I rode the FJR. Not that the GS couldn't keep up, it's just more work to stay at speed. I'll say the FJR has nothing on the comfort the old GS provides though.
          Roger

Current rides
          1983 GS 850G
          2003 FJR 1300A
          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Yesterday ,,, …

No signature

Comment

Headed out for five days through bc

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                Yesterday ,,, …

... all my troubles seemed so far away, now I know they're here to stay...
                - 1983 GS850L ~ 30,000 miles and going up - Finally ready for a proper road trip!
                - 1977 GS750B - Sold but not forgotten

Comment

[QUOTE=trevor;n1721897]Headed out for five days through bc

[/QUbeautiful.]

What a beaut.
                  - 1983 GS850L ~ 30,000 miles and going up - Finally ready for a proper road trip!
                  - 1977 GS750B - Sold but not forgotten

Comment

XS11Kirlkin_resize.jpg
                    Took my 78 XS1100E for a nice evening shakedown run up the Michigan Road (Route 421) north from my house to Kirklin and back. I think the jetting is finally just about spot on. Amazed at how smooth and torquey this thing is! Sorry to say I enjoy it more than my old GS1100E, even with the Yamaha's "soviet tractor" shifter lol
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.
                    Previous GS fleet: '78 1000C, '79 750E, '81 650G, '82 1100G, '81 1100E
                    Other rides: '77 XS500C, '78 XS1100E, '00 Voyager XII

Comment

First day in the books!
                      about 500kms. Whistler to Merritt
                      Beautiful day!
                      Bike ram great. Tach stopped working but it was just cable came lose from the engine
                      Had some gravel today lol
                      Did some maintenance and out for a bite at a favourite brew house

No signature

Comment

Excellent pics!
                        80 GS1000s Wes Cooley, 82 GS1000sz Katana, 83 KZ1000r Eddie Lawson, 79 Honda CBX, 83 Honda CB1100rc, 84 Honda VF1000f, 86 Honda VFR750, 93 Honda CBR900rr Urban Tiger, 86 Yamaha FZ750, 01 Honda CBR1100xx

Comment

First day in the books!
                          about 500kms. Whistler to Merritt
                          Beautiful day!
                          Bike ram great. Tach stopped working but it was just cable came lose from the engine
                          Had some gravel today lol
                          Did some maintenance and out for a bite at a favourite brew house
                          You flying solo, Trev?
                          2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                          2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post

You flying solo, Trev?
                            yes, I am …………………
                            No signature

Comment

yes, I am …………………
                              Lone wolf!

You'll have to let me know your route... I have the last two weeks of June off with no plans.​.. if my health permits, I'd like to finally see the interior of BC myself.
                              2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Rode the GSX1300R down to the lagoon, found a cool driftwood sculpture of a mother bird with its baby in a nest. Some people have real talent!

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X