This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
    Cool, you made it High Point! 227 steps to the top if i recall properly. And one can see NJ, NY, and PA from there.
    As a side note, I do service work in a mansion in Bernardsville, and on the third floor is remnants of an old Butlers call system that would ring a bell and indicate what part of the building to go to, and Colonel Kuser was written on one of the indicators. I did a bit of light internet research, but didnt turn up much. I think the mansion dates back to the late 1800 - 1900 range, and partially burned in the 1920s. The exposed steel beams in the attic have"Carnegie Steel" cast into them.
    I think he had a couple more pads around, would this be the 'Kuser Farm Mansion' by any chance? Sounds like the same Kuser, who was indeed a col., and the High Point monument is in fact a war memorial.
    "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Thats what I kept coming up with also, but thats not the one ive worked at. The one ive worked at is up on a wooded hill outside of Bernardsville and privately owned.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Stator went to work with me again today, and this time we got to visit the old building that our hospital used to occupy. There were scads of other buildings, many of which are now gone, but this was the main building, and the oldest building. This building was the whole hospital when it opened in 1876. It's so big you really can't get it all into one photo (unless you're in the air), at 673,706 total square feet it allegedly had the largest continuous foundation in the US until the Pentagon was built.

As you can see there's all kinds of fencing going up, this is because they plan to knock the whole thing down very soon. It's gonna cost the state millions, likely they will let asbestos into the environment when they do it, and I bet it will be noisy as hell too.

Back at the office Stator claimed to see The Buddha, whom he says is a bear.

He also found someone with his own interests to hang out with.

'Selfies' are a beotch, can't aim the dam thing!

Back home we got a shot with the snowy snouted snootch, who is even more camera shy than I am, he absolutely would NOT look at the camera.

I need to get Stator's log book in order now, and get him ready to ship out. Looks like oHIo is the next stop, Cowboyup says he's on deck. We'll still probably go out tomorrow for a couple more pics though. It's been great having the little guy, he says moving on will be good though because the muffins are ruining his bearish figure.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

What a grand old building. It always makes me sad to see them demolished. Where is that?
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Never mind....seems that its in Morristown.
            sigpic

Glen
            -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Morris Plains, which neighbors Motown. The campus is known as Greystone Park, and back in the day it was itself a self contained community with a rail station, stores, residences, fire station, police station, even a working farm.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Great reports Allie. How about a photo of Stators log book entries before you pass him on?
                • Suzuki GS1100 for racing
                • Suzuki GS1000S for nostalgia
                • Yamaha FZR1000 for touring
                • Yamaha TR1 for a project

"to do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. Indeed, life is not measured in years alone but in achievement...." Bruce McLaren

Comment

State of the Stator: an update.

Stator has been languishing of late. I've been scuttling about and September has flown by. I took him on a dog sitting gig at my aunt and uncle's house last week, and it's such a beautiful and unusual place I intended to take some pics, but it just never happened. I had also planned to do his log book, and THAT never happened. I stayed home from work sick today, and finally did his log book. Sorry, no fancy narratives in flowery prose, just brief bullet points about where and when we were. Bah Humbug. I plan to haul him and his travelling arrangements to work with me tomorrow. If I can find time to print out a few pics I will paste them in his log book, and hopefully have time to send him on his way to oHIo after work, where he will be received by Cowboyup. That's assuming I feel well enough to go to work. If not it will be easy enough to run him into town during the day. If I miss those windows he will leave Monday at lunch time, at the latest. We had some great times, now it's time to catch some fall foliage in the bucktooth state. Eye eye, Captain.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Final Garden State Update

As of yesterday Stator is on his way to oHIo. I'm hopeful that he arrives at Cowboyup's doorstep by the end of the week, I plan to run his tracking number tonight to see how he's doing. I wish I'd gotten a few more pictures while he was waiting to leave, but he sat neglected while we've been dealing with some more serious issues. I REALLY wanted to pose him with the giant M&Ms at the entrance to the Mars factory, but alas it wasn't in the cards even though it's so local to me. Enough regrets, he'll be in time to catch some leaves in Ohio, and who knows from there. I bet he meets a lot of people there too. I miss him already, and my son definitely enjoyed having him along on our travels.

Bon voyage mon ami!

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Honest to God For Sure Last Garden Stator Update

I'm such a slacker, I finally ran that tracking number this morning and it reports that Stator was delivered yesterday morning at 10:07 am.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

He's Here

I apologize for not logging in yesterday to update this thread once Stator got here but I've been working a lot of overtime this week to create a new phone script for our after hours nurse triage call center.

Stator indeed arrived early yesterday morning but the wife chose to let him sleep until I got home. After logging in remotely from home and completing some of the work, I let him out of his box where he quickly showed off his goodie bag:

He then demanded a tour of the house and likes how comfortable Paul's chair felt:

After some time saying hi to Paul, he then found his way into Cheyenne's room and mistakenly thought she was giving him a new tie:

Of course she told him it was actually her Taekwondo Senior Yellow belt earned during our promotion test two weeks ago (she just got her belt yesterday, I'll pick up mine next week if I can make it to practice).

I offered to take him with me to see Charmayne's band practice and he agreed. He wanted to watch her specifically but the band director spent more time working with the brass section during the third movement so the flute section was fairly far off. So, he asked where her flute case was and went to sit on it while watching everyone.

He spent the day relaxing with the wife at home today and then went to see my eldest step-son. They seemed to get along fairly well and hopefully they'll get to see each other again next week.

I hope to take Stator out for a ride in the morning before Charmayne's band competition tomorrow night (he asked to join for that too) since the weather will be decent this weekend.
                        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                          ..... he quickly showed off his goodie bag:
                          He then demanded a tour of the house
                          ....he then found his way into Cheyenne's room
                          .. So, he asked where her flute case was and went to sit on it while watching everyone..
                          ...(he asked to join for that too) .. .
                          Demanding little fellow, eh.

THanks for pictures. Hopefully you can get out for some rides, yet.

Last edited by Redman; 10-18-2014, 10:34 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                            Demanding little fellow, eh.

THanks for pictures. Hopefully you can get out for some rides, yet.

Ha ha, yes just slightly

I was able to get out for a little bit yesterday as I had to ensure I returned early enough to pick up Cheyenne from her PSAT test. However, the ride shortened even further as the weatherman lied about the weather forecast. First, we drove over to the garage after dropping Cheyenne off at her middle school. I didn't give him any time to look around it and threw him in on top of my cowboy boots I needed to get fixed

After stopping to deal with a couple of errands, I rode by Steve's house where Stator ask me to stop so he could watch some workers in the back yard:

We then took off on a ride I had to shorten thanks to rain that came in. The fall colors are out in force

The cows off in the distance were carefully watching us perhaps worried Stator might attack them?

Waiting for Cheyenne to come out can be so boring

The weather's forecast for the remainder of the night caused me to tell Stator he wouldn't go to Charmayne's competition last night. So she gave him a flute lesson instead

So after I left he helped cook spaghetti and meatballs; he's a pretty good cook as our newest picky eater, Paul, actually ate all of his dinner

Then off to bed although he didn't stay there all night

He was very happy that Charmayne's band took first place in their division, best visual effects, best general effects, best auxiliary, and the Grand Champion for the show. He didn't say much to her though as we didn't get home until 1am and she passed out quickly for a 16 year old

1981 GS550T - My First

Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die

Comment

Today was a nicer day outside, better suited for riding but we spent it at the garage working on the bike. When we got there, he ran off to check out my friend's modified SV1000 race bike

Stared at the "café" project my friend is working on

Then looked in the Jeep wondering why there was such a large hole where the engine should have been

He finally made it over to Charmayne's bike and took a quick look before going to sit off to the side while we cleaned up our workbench, finished putting the carbs together, and began working on installing the wheel bearings. We were going to ask for his help when we installed the tire but I didn't care for how one bearing was sitting so we didn't get to do that.

I'll take Stator to work tomorrow then we'll see what happens after that.

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

Stator is doing great out there I see. He's quite a musical fellow, I'm glad he's in a musical family. Nice foliage pics, and your kids are so cute it's killing me to death.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Working...
                                X