This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoy your trip Charlie!
    It's smoke that make electronic components work.
    Every time I've let the smoke out by mistake, they never work again.
    '80 GS250T... long gone... And back!
    '86 Honda Bol D'Or... very sadly long gone
    '82 GS1000SZ
    '82 GS1100GL
    '01 Honda CBR1100XX BlackBird

Comment

Have a great trip Charlie! It warms my heart to see you going on this trip to see your daughter. 😊
      No signature

Comment

Met Tomo and Dawn in Grassington, Yorkshire UK Wednesday last for tea. We hiked from Boulton Abby to kettelwell (home of Knapley in "Calendar Girls") . We're back inLondon and headed to Northern Ireland this afternoon to meet up with Johnny Drummond.i have lots of pictures and no way to post, they will have to waiter ill I get home. Hope to meet up with Tatu or Londonboard next Wednesday or Thursday, if possible. Bout done with grey sky's!

cg
        Last edited by Charlie G; 07-27-2015, 05:56 PM.
        sigpic
        83 GS1100g
        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Charlie - bring him down to Kent and we'll show him a good time.

Oh and don't forget to come down yourself!!

Tel: +44 (0) 7812 636 119

Greetings

Richard and Tatu
          Richard
          sigpic
          GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
          GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
          GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
          GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
          Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
          Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

Looks like a GREAT trip !!! Thanks for all the pics and info....(felt like I'm traveling, too...)
            Stay happy and keep your eyes out for dummies.... Blessings!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
              Bout done with grey sky's!

cg
              Hahaha..... Why d'ya think I left?
              It's smoke that make electronic components work.
              Every time I've let the smoke out by mistake, they never work again.
              '80 GS250T... long gone... And back!
              '86 Honda Bol D'Or... very sadly long gone
              '82 GS1000SZ
              '82 GS1100GL
              '01 Honda CBR1100XX BlackBird

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
                Palmetto Palms don't bear coconuts, and I'm guessing the Windmill Palms don't either. Coconut Palms do (who knew?), they are very tall, have smooth trunks that look like cement, and long palm fronds instead of fan shaped. You gotta watch them suckers, they drop a coconut on your head and you die. I could hear them thumping on the ground sometimes outside my bedroom window. Ouch!

Did you get the word-play on "bear"?

Comment

Originally posted by londonboards View Post
                  Charlie - bring him down to Kent and we'll show him a good time.

Oh and don't forget to come down yourself!!

Tel: +44 (0) 7812 636 119

Greetings

Richard and Tatu

I plan on it! See you Wednesday if that's ok. Too late to call today.

back from N.I this evening. Staters been busy chatting it up with the race fans at Armoy. Saw Guy Martin&the Dunlop boys rip the roads on a beautiful Sunny day. Pictures to follow when home. Hope Johnny Drummond post the crash in front of us on the forum, great shot.
                  sigpic
                  83 GS1100g

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Wow Charlie, sounds like the trip of a lifetime for little ol' stator.....maybe you too.
                    Rob
                    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

So I've been trying to put some photos up from Charlie and Stators trip to Armoy but because of my total inability to work a computer I haven't managed because photobucket changed and I can't work it out so before I smash the computer,they both had a great time.Johnny
                      Attached Files

Comment

Right,I'm as previously stated a dummy with computers so I got one photo per reply-right
                        Attached Files

Comment

Johnny,

Login to Photobucket:

Click on the new Upload button:

Which should bring this up:

Select Computer, use pulldown arrow to create a new album:

Create the new album and then drag and drop your images from your computer to Photobucket:

Copy IMG link (i.e the URL) from either the Library/Album layout,

or the individual image sharelinks:

once you have selected and copied the link, paste it back into your post.

If you are trying to do this on your phone, it probably won't work, but let me know if it does (I'm a digital dinosaur)
                          '83 GS650G
                          '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Drummond View Post
                            Right,I'm as previously stated a dummy with computers so I got one photo per reply-right
                            Gee Charlie, you flew all that way and all you are going to do is take a siesta?
                            '83 GS650G
                            '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

This is the photo Charlie G was talking about, thankfully the guy walked away.Thanks for the help Big D,between you and my computer savvy wife I got it sorted

Last edited by Guest; 07-28-2015, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
                                Gee Charlie, you flew all that way and all you are going to do is take a siesta?
                                Between Johnny and daughter I'm worn out.I'll need a week off to recover when I get home!

Originally posted by Johnny Drummond View Post
                                This is the photo Charlie G was talking about, thankfully the guy walked away.Thanks for the help Big D,between you and my computer savvy wife I got it sorted

I went for a quick dive behind the wall when this happened.The tough Kwiwi slept through the whole thing!
                                sigpic
                                83 GS1100g

Comment

Working...
                                X