Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Brown County Indiana GS Thang, 6/9-6/12, 2022 - SAVE THE DATE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wingsconsin (Karl) - will be there, but always stays elsewhere (let me know if that changes, Karl)

Regrettably I will be OUT for the 2022 rally -

be safe everyone

(On the plus side I usually bring the rain with me - so you may be dry )
    Currently in the Stable :
    2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
    1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
    - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post

IN:
      Redman (Dave V.)
      Redman (Dave V.) & Justin Redmanson & Jay RedmanSIL.

Justin has atteneded a couple times in past few years.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Edit: all confirmations received. Thanks!

Looks like we will have a pretty full house and will very likely have a waiting list, so if you have a room reserved with me and your plans change, it's very important that you let me know ASAP so the room can go to someone else.

Also, if you don't have a room and want one, PLEASE let me know via email.

This is always an exercise in cat herding, and we always seem to have some dropouts as the day approaches and real life sinks its teeth in. I'll keep a first-come, first serve list once we're full.
        Last edited by bwringer; 04-26-2022, 01:47 PM.
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Reply sent. Thanks Brian!
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

PM returned. Not this year. Sorry fellas. We'll work on next year.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
              PM returned. Not this year. Sorry fellas. We'll work on next year.
              Thanks, Rich. Sorry it didn't work out, and I hope we can see you next time!

I didn't get a PM reply, but I don't know whether that's user error on my part or some forum issue. I'll check into it.
              Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

I will unfortunately likely not be there. If anything should change about this, I will be sure to let you guy's know. As of right now, I don't see it happening.
                On a brighter note, the bike should be whole again before June. I have healed up pretty good. Back is still sore and outta whack a bit, but that's just old age *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$...
                '83 GS 1100T
                The Jet

sigpic
                '95 GSXR 750w
                The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post

Thanks, Rich. Sorry it didn't work out, and I hope we can see you next time!

I didn't get a PM reply, but I don't know whether that's user error on my part or some forum issue. I'll check into it.
                  Brian, I thought it was weird that your message to me was a "visitor message" rather that a PM. I thought I responded. But then I kept seeing the red number 1 in my notifications at the top of the page, so I went in and dismissed your message. It's my understanding (likely wrong) that visitor messages are not private and can be read by anyone who visits your profile (if you have visitor messages turned on in settings). Now I can't see your message at all in my message center.

So, anyway, yeah, shooting for BC Rally 2023.

Anyone want to start a rally somewhere like southwestern PA? That I could manage a little better.
                  Rich
                  1982 GS 750TZ
                  2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                  Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I'll make the trip again this year, but solo this time.

Rich. I sure was looking forward to meeting you and Glen. Sorry to hear you won't make it.
                    Roger

Current rides
                    1983 GS 850G
                    2003 FJR 1300A
                    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Well crap, won't make it afterall.

Enjoy the rally guys. Looking forward to seeing pics and hearing stories.
                      Roger

Current rides
                      1983 GS 850G
                      2003 FJR 1300A
                      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Sorry you won't make it, Roger. Maybe you can put together something in your back yard sometime...

We do have a couple of rooms available, folks, so if you're thinking of coming to the rally this year, just let me know. Email is best, brian@bwringer.com

Room rates have been unchanged for several years. I keep telling Jay to charge this bunch more to compensate for the plumbing abuse, but he likes us or something:
                        Single room, 1 or 2 people: $50/night + 12% tax = $56.00/per night
                        Double room (two beds), 1 or 2 people: $55/night + 12% tax = $61.60/per night
                        Third and fourth person: add $10+tax per night per person.
                        Eat more venison.

Comment

I started on the gift for Jay a little later than I had hoped but it was for a good reason that I'll share in another thread. However, it is progressing albeit with some minor changes from my original thoughts and though I still have a bit of work left, I should be done at least a few days before the rally starts. In the meantime, here are some progress pictures of the clock with one of the modifications visible

Jay clock progress picture front by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Jay clock progress picture angle by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I am currently on the road trip of my lifetime. Started in Buffalo N.Y. on April 19. Went to Florida,then across to California,then up US1 from Santa Barbara to Montery. Continued up the coast to Fort Bragg,then popped through parts of Oregon,to Yellowstone. Salt lake and currently in Zion NP. Did not post about trip and pics because I am not very computer savvy. Hope to hit Arches national park soon then Denver,Omaha,St Louis,and stop at the rally on the eve of the 11th. Looking forward to meeting you all!!
                            83 gs850
                            07 vtx1300c

Comment

First time poster, thanks to Redman for tipping me off to this event on the GSResources facebook page! I just sold my '79 750E so I will be frantically getting my 81 1100E back in one piece in time to try to ride down there on Saturday! Waiting on some fork caps. I suppose as a backup I have my well worn '76 Yamaha XS500 (that I would probably trailer down), as long as you guys would tolerate a Yamahammer interloper.
                              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                              This gallery has 1 photos.
                              Previous GS fleet: '78 1000C, '79 750E, '81 650G, '82 1100G, '81 1100E
                              Other rides: '77 XS500C, '78 XS1100E, '00 Voyager XII

Comment

Originally posted by gtem View Post
                                First time poster, thanks to Redman for tipping me off to this event on the GSResources facebook page! I just sold my '79 750E so I will be frantically getting my 81 1100E back in one piece in time to try to ride down there on Saturday! Waiting on some fork caps. I suppose as a backup I have my well worn '76 Yamaha XS500 (that I would probably trailer down), as long as you guys would tolerate a Yamahammer interloper.
                                Welcome to the forum. We went last year to this shindig for the first time and the crowd is quite welcoming.

Your Yamaha XS will fit right in. There's a mix of Suzuki GS, BMW GS, Triumphs, Yamaha, Honda maybe even a Spyder. Some trailer them but most ride to the rally.

The host at the Rosemount, Jay, is the most welcoming one of the bunch.
                                Roger

Current rides
                                1983 GS 850G
                                2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Working...
                                X