Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Brown County Indiana GS Thang, 6/9-6/12, 2022 - SAVE THE DATE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will probably eat before I leave here but since I won't be getting there until after 9pm, I'll chip in some money if there's any leftovers
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Did somebody mention BBQ? Well, sorry I will miss this year's ride but on a positive note, I will be going through Bedford about 2 weeks after the BCR so I guess I will get to check it out then.

Bedford already had a good BBQ joint that Neil, Ron and I visited last year. Can't remember the name of it but it's on the west edge of town IIRC.

I will be spending the night at Jay's place on the 26th of June........

You all have a good time and keep everyone safe and upright this year. See you all at a later date.
      Larry

'79 GS 1000E
      '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
      '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
      '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
      '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

I vote for letting people fend for themselves as they see fit, due to the varied arrival times.
        Ron
        When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
        1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
        1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
        1982 GS1100E - April 2024 BOTM
        1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Originally posted by 1978GS750E View Post
          I vote for letting people fend for themselves as they see fit, due to the varied arrival times.
          Yeah, I think that's how it's headed. Personally, I like to head out and go do some more riding after unloading my duds, and I have no idea whether I'm going to be there for dinner at 7 or whatever. Sun, potato salad, hot pork getting cold... doesn't sound like a happy combination.
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Yeah, skip the Thursday BBQ. Now you're getting into the to much planning zone...

I'm getting ready to rock-n-roll. I just got the motorcycle washed. (I'm sure that's what Dale is doing to his motorcycle now) haha
            I'll be riding the FJR. I wanted to ride the 900rs down, but that's to much riding on it for a day...
            Also, I have the next two weeks off work. I'm not sure where I'm going but I'll be going somewhere.
            My Motorcycles:
            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
            79 1000e (all original)
            82 850g (all original)
            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Norm, I really was going to be washing it about the time you wrote that. I was too tired from shoving the mower through the grass and forgot until after I showered.Somehow I forgot to wash it on Saturday too. Funny how that happens. Tomorrow evening should be comfortable out. I can wash that oil leak off and then take one last shakedown ride to Fratellis's maybe. Then it'll be ready for a nice concretion of rainstorm and gravel dust. Maybe I should leave the oil on as a protective layer.

I wonder if I can get up in time to find out what this Mayberry cafe place is all about. Hmmmm. 2:23 of slab time to get there. We'll see what mood I'm in.
              Dogma
              --
              O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
              '80 GS850 GLT
              '80 GS1000 GT
              '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Dale, I think you would enjoy the Mayberry cafe plus the ensuing ride down to Bedford is a nice way to warm up for some high spirited crooked road riding.
                Just my opinion but I do believe you would enjoy it.
                Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

Welp, my baby-sitting arrangements fell through for the weekend so I guess I'll look forward to meeting all you folks next year. I'll have a whole fleet of GSes ready for GS Thang 2023 (650G, 1100G, 1100E). Wish I had learned of this event sooner, I would have made more solid arrangements ahead of time and would have had a bike ready to ride.
                  Previous GS fleet: '78 1000C, '79 750E, '81 650G, '82 1100G, '81 1100E
                  Other rides: '77 XS500C, '78 XS1100E, '00 Voyager XII

Comment

Hope you can make it to the Mayberry, Dale. It's a nice lunch, and an entertaining warmup ride afterwards as we meander south. You may be shocked to learn that I've found some pretty interesting back roads 'twixt hither and yon.

"gtem", sorry we'll miss meeting you. I live on the NW side of Indy, so get in touch sometime.

Also, it looks like there is a sort of consensus around skipping a Thursday evening porkapalooza because plans are too varied. And "planning" is sort of against our religion around here.

The weather forecast really looks pretty decent; some chance of rain Friday afternoon, but otherwise quite friendly. I'll take them thar odds.
                    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Ron and I are planning to meet for lunch in Hawesville KY around 1 or 1:30. Anyone coming up from the south is welcome to join us.

We'll meet here: Riverview Restaurant, 2220 Indian Lake Dr, Hawesville, KY 42348.

After lunch we'll find some twisty way to spend the rest of the day getting to the Rosemount.
                      Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
                      Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Ready for tomorrow....
                        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
                          "gtem", sorry we'll miss meeting you. I live on the NW side of Indy, so get in touch sometime.
                          I'll definitely take you up on that bwringer, I've been looking for riding buddies since getting back into consistent riding here in Indy, I'm up in Zionsville.
                          Previous GS fleet: '78 1000C, '79 750E, '81 650G, '82 1100G, '81 1100E
                          Other rides: '77 XS500C, '78 XS1100E, '00 Voyager XII

Comment

Packing up the GK.

Refreshing the waterproofing on my boots.

Planning to meet up with Justin Redmanson and Jay RedmanSIL early in morning to head south.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Safe travels all. Maybe next year.
                              Rich
                              1982 GS 750TZ
                              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
                                Did somebody mention BBQ? Well, sorry I will miss this year's ride but on a positive note, I will be going through Bedford about 2 weeks after the BCR so I guess I will get to check it out then.

Bedford already had a good BBQ joint that Neil, Ron and I visited last year. Can't remember the name of it but it's on the west edge of town IIRC.

I will be spending the night at Jay's place on the 26th of June........

You all have a good time and keep everyone safe and upright this year. See you all at a later date.

I finally remember the place the three of us went to. It is Smokin' Jim's BBQ.

Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

Working...
                                X