Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Brown County Indiana GS Thang, 6/9-6/12, 2022 - SAVE THE DATE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Packed and loaded!

I'll be headed out shortly to the Mayberry Cafe in Danville for lunch at 1:00 EDT. Hope to see a few of you there!
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Safe travels all. I’ve been on the road a couple of hours. Taking a break in Smiths Grove KY. On track for meeting Ron in Hawesville around 1 or so. Don’t expect anyone else to join us, but everyone is welcome.
      Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
      Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Still at work in training (BORING ) but i'm packed up and ready to leave as soon as we are done. See you all tonight
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Safe travels all and heave a good one. Still nursing a cold here so I won't joining you this year unfortunately. Weakness and wooziness on a motorcycle would probably be a bad mix.
          Current Bikes:
          2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post
            Safe travels all and heave a good one. Still nursing a cold here so I won't joining you this year unfortunately. Weakness and wooziness on a motorcycle would probably be a bad mix.
            Yeah, for the average amateur, but GSR people are above that. Wooziness on a motorcycle is like no other kind of fun.

just kidding of course
            Larry

'79 GS 1000E
            '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
            '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
            '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
            '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Will tell about it later….. but your guess would be correct.
              Attached Files

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

More of the story :
                yep, I had a spare.
                steve had more tools.

560442F7-B894-4CE2-B39B-896B85EB90EF.jpg
                Last edited by Redman; 06-10-2022, 05:07 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Glad you made it down there Dave. Good thinking bringing a spare. Missing you all. Any pizza left?
                  Current Bikes:
                  2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post
                    Glad you made it down there Dave. Good thinking bringing a spare. Missing you all. Any pizza left?
                    Yep, I had a spare with me.

Comment

Earlier in morning
                      (afore the other adventure began)

cowboy Scott bandit
                      redman gk
                      redmanSIL fjr
                      redmanson tiger1050

BDE96181-DEC7-497B-8994-7B02956D99E8.jpg

Comment

Got home about an hour ago...Good times. Good for my soul....

Photos and maybe stories later....
                        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Got home a little after 2 Central Time. Nice ride home. Roads dried up by the time I got to Paoli and had a nice run down 66 into Cannelton. Had a nice breakfast at the Riverview and made haste homeward. Always thinking that maybe some storm was following. But never saw a drop of rain. It did start sweltering about the time I go to Smiths Grove KY and stayed hot the rest of the way. A little rain would have been welcome.

Great seeing everyone. Definitely one of the highlights of my year every year.
                          Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
                          Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Just pulled in and offloaded the bike. Fortunately not more than 3 raindrops fell on me (two in Louisville and the other outside Cincy) but I did have to dodge killer cages - one pulled out from a shopping center going the opposite way into stopped traffic while staring at me.

Many thanks to Jay and Brian for another great weekend. Like Bob said, pictures to come after I head to the shop
                            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Dave redman, Justin Redmanson, Jay RedmanSILgot rained on before beanblossom, so got on raingear,

then rode an other hour and half in on/off rain, then was partly sunny, (good recipe for getting steam cooked).
                              Had further charging problems, gas station parking lot investigation found one of the new stator connectors loose, so pinched it a little smaller so fit tighter.
                              Made it to our, respective homes about 6 or 630.

I only had about 825 miles, since had problems both Friday and Saturday that had me back to the motel early in the morning…they had about 1200.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Redman; 06-13-2022, 01:22 PM.

Comment

I got home about 1:00 -- Tim, Wazz and I headed to Gatesville for breakfast, then north for the boooooooooooooring slog home. Tim and Wazz checked in a few hours later.

It sprinkled off and on the whole morning, but I never bothered to don rain gear. On the southwest side of Indy we finally ran into some very serious soaking hard rain. By the time I peeled off on the north side, it was ordinary rain. No big deal; I just hung up the mesh to dry and hit the shower.

Thanks again to all for a wonderful, relaxing weekend.

I'm exhausted and fried, which is the state of mind I was going for. The full Saturday route is some of my better wayfinding work, if I do say so myself... a positively diabolical, nearly nonstop tight technical twisty road full bore assault on every sense. One of those rare times when Dale and I got to the hotel and said, "yeah, that's... that's enough riding for one day."
                                Last edited by bwringer; 06-12-2022, 09:17 PM.
                                1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                                2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                                2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                                Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Working...
                                X