Cafe Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
    Cafe and bobber guys don't last around here. I don't see the point of a forum dedicated to them.
    Maybe they would if they had their own section where they weren't being judged by people such as yourself. The Cafe is as an art and culture form just as the Hot Rod is.........
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
      Maybe they would if they had their own section where they weren't being judged by people such as yourself. The Cafe is as an art and culture form just as the Hot Rod is.........
      Thanks man well said!

Comment

Who cares if cafe mods are purely cosmetic (which isn't exactly true anyway), and given a friendly environment cafe people might just last longer.

To answer your question G-3 the site admin, Frank, is the sole authority and decision maker in these matters.

Personally I don't see why there shouldn't be a forum for cafes, there seems to be steady interest in them at least for now, and there's not much to lose by trying. Maybe we could get Ichiban Moto to moderate it.
        "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
          My thoughts exactly Garth. Open your mind a little guys.
          No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
            Who cares if cafe mods are purely cosmetic (which isn't exactly true anyway), and given a friendly environment cafe people might just last longer.

To answer your question G-3 the site admin, Frank, is the sole authority and decision maker in these matters.

Personally I don't see why there shouldn't be a forum for cafes, there seems to be steady interest in them at least for now, and there's not much to lose by trying. Maybe we could get Ichiban Moto to moderate it.
            we are paint twins, glad i got your vote!

Comment

It's stupid to hack up a perfectly good bike and reduce its functionality, but if the project bike is ragged out to begin with, knock yourself out.

My pet peeve is idiots running a loud exhaust. When I see someone on the forum running an open pipe or chopped mufflers I put them on my Ignore List. Funny thing, none of those guy last around here. And you can't blame me for driving them out, as I said, they are on my Ignore List. These guys know they don't fit, so they leave.
              Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

It's stupid to hack up a perfectly good bike and reduce its functionality, but if the project bike is ragged out to begin with, knock yourself out.

My pet peeve is idiots running a loud exhaust. When I see someone on the forum running an open pipe or chopped mufflers I put them on my Ignore List. Funny thing, none of those guy last around here. And you can't blame me for driving them out, as I said, they are on my Ignore List. These guys know they don't fit, so they leave.
                Driving them out?! Go ahead and ignore me then. The Kerker my bike came with is loud. My bike will be fine though. You are starting to seem somewhat antagonistic about it. I understand that the OP requested opinion. I think I get where you stand.

Comment

I'm at least 25lbs under stock, if that dosent add performance on a 500lbs motorcycle nothing will! And I'm in the club that loud pipes save lives. Thay may not see me but they hear me!
                  look man I'm sorry if my bike is a travesty in your eyes but we all ride. I know you got some great knowledge to share, I hope you don't judge me by the way my bike looks. Even if it isn't your thing.
                  Last edited by Guest; 05-29-2015, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Well, G-3... I think you got your answer, seems like a majority rule. starting a thread is a first step.

The GS Cafe is open

Comment

I invite everyone with a loud pipe to chime in so I can put you on my ignore list.

Regarding making a cafe, I don't really care what you guys do. But I still say it's dumb to chop up a clean stocker.
                      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

It really is too bad I don't enjoy loud pipes because for some odd reason I'm suddenly motivated to buy one. I do have a four into two Yoshi on the Kat { came with the bike } which is louder than I prefer. Does that count ?
                        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                        1983 GS 750

Comment

Sure why not, hope it happens.....

I'd rather see a Cafe forum on this site, instead of the Vortex and Campfire, at least the Cafe forum will be about bikes, and not the BS that is in the other 2 forums, but they have a place, and are of value to the members here, as I am sure the Cafe forum could have one as well, after all it's still a GS at heart, it will still need the same love and attention to be running correctly no matter how it looks.....

Comment

The new Mad Max movie seems to draw from the Cafe/Bobber genre. Some interesting creations..........

1983 GS 750

Comment

I actually agree, I kinda cringe when someone cuts into a really nice bike - but it's not my bike so it doesn't matter. Cafes really aren't my thing but I do admire a well done one.

Originally posted by G-3 View Post
                              I'm at least 25lbs under stock, if that dosent add performance on a 500lbs motorcycle nothing will! And I'm in the club that loud pipes save lives. Thay may not see me but they hear me!
                              look man I'm sorry if my bike is a travesty in your eyes but we all ride. I know you got some great knowledge to share, I hope you don't judge me by the way my bike looks. Even if it isn't your thing.
                              While I'm not personally a fan of loud pipes pretty much anything short of a big Harley on straight pipes flies under my radar. That being said, don't kid yourself about loud pipes saving anyone's life. In 99% of your riding you will arrive at any given coordinates before your sound does, giving you a net benefit of 0 from your loud pipes. Maybe the percentage is arguable but it's still foolish to depend on that for safety. Being visible 'helps' but you can't depend on it. I've had people pull right out in front of my huge 5000 lb Buick. If you can't see that, you probably wouldn't have seen a bike either. Gear helps, if you @%#$ up, if you're lucky. The ONLY thing you can depend on out there for your safety is your own awareness and skill, because people sometimes don't see or hear what is right in front of them. Just sayin'.

Originally posted by jbird7262 View Post
                              Well, G-3... I think you got your answer, seems like a majority rule. starting a thread is a first step.

The GS Cafe is open
                              The majority do not rule on this site, and there is no 'vote' - just the decision of the Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler.
                              "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Loud pipes save lives...lol...funny, that whenever I see that sticker it's usually on a beenie helmet or the rider has no helmet. If they were really concerned about saving their life why not wear a real helmet?
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X