X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No signature

Comment

Www.sawzall.com
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

gordinho80
        Welcome to the "Cafe"

Comment

We need a place to teach proper rattle can techniques, pipe wrap, seat mutilation.............Excuse me , "Reshaping". We do have Ichiban Moto. He a Cafe' God!
          sigpic
          83 GS1100g
          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
            People who think that loud pipes make you more noticed don't have an understanding how sound works. The pipes face the wrong way. Higher frequency sounds are directional. High revving, and particularly 4 cyl bikes have higher frequencies. Maybe a Harley can be heard to an extent from ahead, but even a Harley is a higher freq than would be considered low freq. But if you have ever driven on a Los Angeles freeway, you know that you typically do not hear a motorcycle until it is right on you.....even if it has an un-godly loud pipe. I have a friend that ran an open pipe on his R6 for a while. I could not ride behind him. In front of him, no problem didn't even bother me. Now, staying ahead of him was an issue, but for an entirely different reason.

I am not against after market performance exhausts, but the reason is for performance, not some safety myth.

"If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing could do..." --PJ Pijanka
            No disrespect but you guys are full of it, you can hear a loud Harley or a rocket coming up behind you on the high way, if you no how to drive you look around to see where it is! If that hasn't happened to you its time for hearing aids!

Comment

Originally posted by gordinho80 View Post
              Just about everyone on here hates me for "hacking up" my 83 GS1100G... but I love how it looks! I bought the bike and I did what I wanted to do to it. Is it a perfect example of a Cafe Racer? No, and it likely never will be. But I appreciate the way it looks now a million times over how it looked stock. Hate on me if you want.

I'm not finished... more changes coming soon!
              It looks great, keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by gordinho80 View Post
                Just about everyone on here hates me for "hacking up" my 83 GS1100G... but I love how it looks!
                First of all, I like it too. And secondly, it's a shaft...hack it all you want!
                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                  First of all, I like it too. And secondly, it's a shaft...hack it all you want!
                  Rob, you are trying to be cool but it's not working, G bikes are not L bikes. They ARE cool! Lol
                  No signature

Comment

Originally posted by G-3 View Post
                    No disrespect but you guys are full of it, you can hear a loud Harley or a rocket coming up behind you on the high way, if you no how to drive you look around to see where it is! If that hasn't happened to you its time for hearing aids!
                    Keep telling yourself that Tiger....
                    "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                      it's a shaft...hack it all you want!
                      Hacking up G's. I take this as a family insult. At least call the Mohel?

cG
                      sigpic
                      83 GS1100g
                      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                        Maybe they would if they had their own section where they weren't being judged by people such as yourself. The Cafe is as an art and culture form just as the Hot Rod is.........
                        I think the problem has more to do with how most people starting a cafe project don't have the time, money or skills to finish.
                        Dogma
                        --
                        O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                        '80 GS850 GLT
                        '80 GS1000 GT
                        '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
                          I think the problem has more to do with how most people starting a cafe project don't have the time, money or skills to finish.
                          Then they just end up on craigslist.
                          No signature

Comment

(R), (M - medical)

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                            Hacking up G's. I take this as a family insult. At least call the Mohel?

cG
                            Just the tip...

Comment

Originally posted by G-3 View Post
                              You need to learn how to ride and quit letting some imaginary invisible force field protect you.

It doesn't work. Most drivers are deaf even more than they are blind. They just don't care about you or your noisy piece of crap. Most drivers don't know how to drive, and couldn't be bothered to learn. It just doesn't do any good to **** off every single driver on the road. It's a retarded concept, spread widely as an excuse for those who want to have no mufflers, and only believed by retarded people who can't ride at all.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

@ G-3, personaly I don't hear **** with a Vance/Hines roaring over 6000rpms, just wind, no harleys,no rockets just me hunched over those clubmans.

Comment

Working...
                                X